Magic Item Creator

This forum is for those interested in discussing NWN scripting.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Mer`Zikain
Count
Count

Magic Item Creator

Post by Mer`Zikain »

I've been thinking up an item creation method for magic items. Not sure if something like this already exists though.

The concept goes like this:

You take a scroll of a spell, the base item (mundane), and a gold and xp amount, place them in the item making container (kinda like the forge) and activate it. It then creates the appropriate item using the materials. Pretty much this is a lot like the DMG rules for making an item. So if you wanted to make something like bracers of armor, you'd take mundane bracers and a scroll of mage armor (or similar spell maybe) and then add the gold necessary to make the item. Activating the creator object would then check and take the needed experience from the player to make the item.

Maybe replace the xp cost with a higher gold cost even. Does something like that already exist? I've not made a mage high enough level to get the item creation feats so I'm probably reinventing the wheel with this idea. ^_^;

Thoughts?
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

it exists, it is the forge, anything more than that and you are getting things much too easily accessible. for instance, a scroll of cammo and a robe plus gold you have an insanely rare item called robe of blending. or a one with the land instead and you have even better, a last words. see what I mean? it just makes things much too accessible to people so that then they don't have to worry about hunting for things at all.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Or just play Nwn2. :)

They have a very cool item creation system.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Mer`Zikain
Count
Count

Post by Mer`Zikain »

Ghost4life wrote:it exists, it is the forge, anything more than that and you are getting things much too easily accessible. for instance, a scroll of cammo and a robe plus gold you have an insanely rare item called robe of blending. or a one with the land instead and you have even better, a last words. see what I mean? it just makes things much too accessible to people so that then they don't have to worry about hunting for things at all.
Obviously it wouldn't be created to allow for such an exploit. I'd have to create the rules for each item created by the combination of different objects, scrolls, etc...
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

I came across something like this a while back, but it had to do with the trade skill system. You could create more powerful spells that did some wild stuff, but you had to have a high skill in making spells (or some such thing).

At any rate, I died a lot in the process.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
viobane
Duke
Duke

Post by viobane »

Try the PRC content and craft magic items to your heart's content. You just won't be able to do it on BSK.