Umgah King or High Priest?

Use this forum to post suggestions for Blackstone.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Umgah King or High Priest?

Post by Capt Cliff »

Ok ... how about a Umgah King or High Priest who resides in the Nethriss Inner Sanctum?? Make him worst than the Umgah Mage ... if that is possible!!!

Other areas boss monsters too ... Mind Flayer's, Sleek's, Maug General, trolls ... etc
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Re: Umgah King or High Priest?

Post by tropiofCancer »

Capt Cliff wrote:Ok ... how about a Umgah King or High Priest who resides in the Nethriss Inner Sanctum?? Make him worst than the Umgah Mage ... if that is possible!!!

Other areas boss monsters too ... Mind Flayer's, Sleek's, Maug General, trolls ... etc
Be careful what you ask for Cliff , you never know when Myles or Centaur are around . You think umgahs casting Hell balls and greater Ruins at will are bad wait till an Umgah Preist starts hurling Word of Faith and Focused Implosions at you . Besides..the umgah temple is where we like to keep the mages when we're power leveling . All jokes aside I would like to see a few more bosses , better yet I would like to see the four Lords of Old return to the keep like Avarice , Cowardice..I forget the last two .
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

What a great ideal!

-driller
Aegis
Knight
Knight

Post by Aegis »

An Elder Brain with a couple brain golem's would be appropiate for the Mind Flayer hall. COnsidering you can see one in the background there.
Jake_Master
Count
Count

Post by Jake_Master »

Well considering alot of people have a hard time with the umgah mage...especially some with certain builds one especially being a sneak. I agree with ToC on that one. The mage I already kinda consider a boss or leader of umgahs. Also after ToC mentioning all the Impolsions it would prolly throw i think umgahs is fine how it is.
As far as Mind Flayrs go....well not many people go their in the first place due to impolsions so why add a boss or leader their...I wouldnt care for it but also wouldnt mind me since I dont go their except for maybe an SR monk.
I have no clue what the 4 Lords of Old are...I guess a little before my time here on BSK but sure why not give us all somthin else to do.
Captain Andrick Korningstone, Arms Master Los Illuminados Alianza

Troy Korningstone
Andrin StoneBender, Master Crafter
Kurt Addams
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

All my mages and my priest can take the Umgah Mage. The bugger does respawn such that it's better to avoid him. He's there to cause sneakers and fighters grief. Which he does. A Umgah king/high priest would be more of a challenge requiring a team assault. But he should drop a forgie when he dies.
Jake_Master
Count
Count

Post by Jake_Master »

I think if this were to happen then it should only open at certain times of the day....therefore locking the area the high leader is located...And about it dropping a forge everytime...I think this would be abussed. If ya want somthin ya need an army to take on then take on Shalnath he is a true challenge...I think you know that one from experience Capt. Cliff.

Troy Korningstone
Kurt Addams
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Jake_Master wrote:I think if this were to happen then it should only open at certain times of the day....therefore locking the area the high leader is located...And about it dropping a forge everytime...I think this would be abussed. If ya want somthin ya need an army to take on then take on Shalnath he is a true challenge...I think you know that one from experience Capt. Cliff.
Well Jake I sure do know Shally, he cheats at poker. An if you think he's bad ... date his sister. But something in between the Umgah Mage and Shally would be nice, well not nice but challenging. Plus boss monsters for other areas, like Gorgo, Ogre Lord ... but there it drops off, except for Snort that is. All areas should have a boss monster.
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Hey Cappy, I noticed you made mention of taking the Umgah mage with your mage or your priest...I'll assume your priest is a caster too and my suggestion would be to maybe run builds that are melee'ers and take those down to the Netheriss. Mages tend to be a smidgeon tougher for the melee builds.

Just a thought.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Jake_Master
Count
Count

Post by Jake_Master »

Thanatos wrote:I noticed you made mention of taking the Umgah mage with your mage or your priest...I'll assume your priest is a caster too and my suggestion would be to maybe run builds that are melee'ers and take those down to the Netheriss. Mages tend to be a smidgeon tougher for the melee builds.
I myself have no problem with most of my melees with the mage but thats because I build my characters so they have no problem...Take for example I have 77 AB with my weapon master...I could have easily dropped a few feats to lower my AB but raise my Discipline or Spot...However I dont and thats so when I come across a umgah mage I can hit it.
however my sneak has 67 AB and has troubles with the mage especially not being able to hide from him...I think everyone does know as Thanatos said its easy to kill the umgah mage with a mage or priest. Not everybody builds casters...I dont even build mages and rarely clerics and most times I build a cleric is for a buffer or melee cleric...But for grins and giggles try a melee or better yet a sneak against him....Its a bit harder that way instead of taking a priest in and either using implosion or storm of vengance and spamming ice storms on him...Same idea with a mage. Gotta think about those who dont have the "uber builds" Not everyone builds a character with over 50 saving throws in fortitude , reflex , and will , Or building a melee with 70+ AB....Ofcourse a melee can kill mage with 65 AB or even less but it will take you a heck of alot longer, and in this situation most people flee because its not worth all the heals you brun up doing so.

Troy Korningstone
Kurt Addams
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Thanatos wrote:Hey Cappy, I noticed you made mention of taking the Umgah mage with your mage or your priest...I'll assume your priest is a caster too and my suggestion would be to maybe run builds that are melee'ers and take those down to the Netheriss. Mages tend to be a smidgeon tougher for the melee builds.

Just a thought.
Thanks Thanny ... good idea. Got a WM with AB of 69 and he still can't hit that bloody mage. So I avoid him ... BTW my cleric ic straight 40 lvl's of cleric ... ice storm does wonders on that mage.

Still a boss monster that requires a team assault might be cool.
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

Capt Cliff wrote:
Thanatos wrote:Hey Cappy, I noticed you made mention of taking the Umgah mage with your mage or your priest...I'll assume your priest is a caster too and my suggestion would be to maybe run builds that are melee'ers and take those down to the Netheriss. Mages tend to be a smidgeon tougher for the melee builds.

Just a thought.
Thanks Thanny ... good idea. Got a WM with AB of 69 and he still can't hit that bloody mage. So I avoid him ... BTW my cleric ic straight 40 lvl's of cleric ... ice storm does wonders on that mage.

Still a boss monster that requires a team assault might be cool.
my Wm 79ab trashes the mage in 2hits also epic resist sonic and acid help to. think he was. . .28lvls wm basic guy anyone can do it just get a +20 weapon scrolls of shadow shield top it off with over 700life greater ruin wont kill you so can trap him and or trash him good guy should make one. 8)
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex