Proposes changes #2

Use this forum to post suggestions for Blackstone.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Proposes changes #2

Post by driller »

The old topic got kinda of off course. Comments please.

Balance proposals.
All AC to a max of +3 per item. Why? AC is still to high vs AB.

Damage soak max of 10 per item. Why? Damage soak coupled with damage immunities can make characters almost unkillable.

A more balanced XP script that removes all party level requirement rules. Why? To encourage more parties, no matter what the level difference.

BSK hood to 10%. Why? Slashing immunity is to high.

Max saves on an item is +1. Why? High saves makes a majority of spells useless.

Fail on 1 removed. Why? With the lowering of saves and the removal of immunities, fail on 1 is redundant.

All immunities on items removed. Fear,Mind,Death etc. Why? Immunities make a lot of spells and feats useless.

Devestating critical is allowed. All Bosses will be immune. Why? I have to throw you a bone don't I?

Thanks,
-driller
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Re: Proposes changes #2

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Sounds good mostly...

Will the Amber effect be tapered back?
Will some of the PM induced weaknesses be tapered back?

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

Sure look good to me...only thing, the fail on 1 will stay for monsters i'm hoping since many got a very high DC check.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

*knees knocking and teeth chattering* ... umm really I am only cold ... well let's have at it ... "Once more into the breach dear friends... "

So when? Me know how me just need know when ... kemosaabbie! :D
Drakoboldish
Baron
Baron

Post by Drakoboldish »

I have no problem with these changes.
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

driller wrote:The old topic got kinda of off course. Comments please.

Balance proposals.

Devestating critical is allowed. All Bosses will be immune. Why? I have to throw you a bone don't I?

Thanks,
-driller
I think all those proposals are really good ideas..except that last one . If dev crit is enabled I would recommend you think of some way to offset pale mastery , If not I can almost promise you the number of PM/melee builds will quadruple . There are already too many of those cheese builds . Its gonna be bad enough with them having epic mage armor with the ac capped at +3 .
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Probably not due to the truth in tropicofCancer's post.

-driller
ST_DM_Myle wrote:Sounds good mostly...

Will the Amber effect be tapered back?
Will some of the PM induced weaknesses be tapered back?

Myle
dm_xeen1
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by dm_xeen1 »

any way to fix the feats divine shield and divine wrath etc from being stripped by scrolls, wands and mage spells?

feats shoud not be able to be stripped by those things

thanks
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

dm_xeen1 wrote:any way to fix the feats divine shield and divine wrath etc from being stripped by scrolls, wands and mage spells?

feats shoud not be able to be stripped by those things

thanks
Now that xeen is something I would love to see . With the way mords are handled any and all buffing abilities and feats are rendered obsolete , even a sneaker can take away your truesight with a Mord scroll .
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
Kamileon
Knight
Knight

Post by Kamileon »

Sadly, this ruins all my prior gear and what I was going to be working on for gear. Stuff I just bought... ah well. It makes no sense to me to lose so much and to be forced to party if I enjoy hunting alone at times.

I can't say how long I'll stick around for this. I'll try to endure as much as possible, but in my eyes, it's looking bleak.

I believe that pnp people will like this and it sounds like some people are really looking forward to these changes. And perhaps it'll make it a better place.... to some.

I hope it works the way it's meant to. I'm not a strong player, nor someone that understands builds and what you need to do what... and I prefer to party by choice, not by need. I know I know... choice is... party and survive or not to and die. *smiles* I think I can stay in low levels forever if necessary.

That's my worthless two cents.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This is not going to affect solo hunters much at all. The sky is not falling.

-driller
Kamileon wrote:Sadly, this ruins all my prior gear and what I was going to be working on for gear. Stuff I just bought... ah well. It makes no sense to me to lose so much and to be forced to party if I enjoy hunting alone at times.

I can't say how long I'll stick around for this. I'll try to endure as much as possible, but in my eyes, it's looking bleak.

I believe that pnp people will like this and it sounds like some people are really looking forward to these changes. And perhaps it'll make it a better place.... to some.

I hope it works the way it's meant to. I'm not a strong player, nor someone that understands builds and what you need to do what... and I prefer to party by choice, not by need. I know I know... choice is... party and survive or not to and die. *smiles* I think I can stay in low levels forever if necessary.

That's my worthless two cents.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Please make copy of ALL our PC's! In case we have to come back to where we are now. Or... make a seperate server ... BSK Next Generation ... runs parallel to BSK now ,with all your changes??? A beta sort of.
Last edited by Capt Cliff on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XDragonDoomX
Baron
Baron

Post by XDragonDoomX »

I am finding it difficult to feel positive about these changes.
A lot of time & energy has been spent on gear. I am also concerned about Dev Crit being introduced (reintroduced ?).
139. My bard is required to take levels in the perform skill and cannot 'just play by ear'

2. A one man band is not an appropriate bard instrument.

26. Valley speak has no place in a fantasy setting. Especially if you're the paladin.
magicshisha
Knight
Knight

Post by magicshisha »

+3 AC max on items will be too low. Casters virtually get +5 equipment with spells like magic vestment and barkskin etc.
That would inevitably lead to a caster multiplication.

Same goes for dev crit. It is fairly easy to get a dc of 50 on dev crit at level 40 with a rdd str build. With only +1 to saves per equipment piece it would force players to create pms to counter those 1 hit kills (in case they are interested in pvp).
But also in a pvm sense dev crit would require a fort adjustment on all mobs that are not immune to crits and that would cripple dc casters again.
Gatt
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Gatt »

=D> well im up for it!!!

can we vote now???? :P