Proposes changes #2

Use this forum to post suggestions for Blackstone.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Re: Proposes changes #2

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Perhaps rather than nerfing the percentages of immunity on specific items, what about just capping the total immunity possible.

Not that I am advocating 50%, just using it as an example, If a player had a helm with 25% slash immunity, an armor with 25% slash immunity and a shield with 25% slash immunity.... that 75% slashing immunity would cap out with a 50% effective immunity.

This would allow people to keep their goodies and still provide a limitation for the maximum percentage of usefulness.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Drakoboldish
Baron
Baron

Post by Drakoboldish »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:Perhaps rather than nerfing the percentages of immunity on specific items, what about just capping the total immunity possible.

Not that I am advocating 50%, just using it as an example, If a player had a helm with 25% slash immunity, an armor with 25% slash immunity and a shield with 25% slash immunity.... that 75% slashing immunity would cap out with a 50% effective immunity.

This would allow people to keep their goodies and still provide a limitation for the maximum percentage of usefulness.

Myle
This is an interesting concept.
Rather than capping one type however, what if you set it to adjust to all types equalling to 50%

25% slashing on Blackstone Helm, a 25% piercing robe, Next item added to the mix no matter what protection, is canceled out.
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Driller-

*thinks*. *thinks more*

1- opposed to AC reduction- in my playing experience, AC is subordinate to AB- I can't seem to hit anything at higher levels.. in the underdark- if you are talking about when you have a fully forged character with fully forged items- maybe that's the case- I don't so I wouldn't know that. I have no amber gear. Many don't.
2- agree with soak. Though it doesn't and hasn't ever affected me that I know of- this makes sense
3- I think that's fine. would be nice to allow/encourage senior players to help junior player on the server. can't tell you how many times I've had to ask "what level are you" and then say "sorry I can't help.. we can't be in party- server rules"
4- think I'm OK with at. We can have many items, thus still create good saves
5- not sure I agree fail a on 1 is redundant... just keepin it real and leaving something to "chance" I see no harm in... I defer to your opinion there.
6- are you talking immunity to KD as well? wow.. that would be interesting to see. I have this to say- when you can load up on items to get what you need- the role of spell casters of all types is decreased- why party with a druid or cleric if you can get same buffs in an item? would certainly ad some spice to things, that's for sure. Whether I'd like it after having been so used to how cool things are now- I dunno.
7- I've never had Dev Crit- and I don't even know a server that allows it.. if bosses are immune- and immunities are gone- won't the bosses be near impossible to kill? Its already waaaay hard to do so. This would seem to allow for more PvP interation- and less for PvM- if you think it would work Driller- you are the master builder- I'm just a player- I have to trust that you think it wouldn't ruin the tone of your server. Logic tells me its banned unilaterally in the PW world for very good reasons- some of which were brought up already.

Bottom line is I trust you. I don't have as much forged gear as many of the other players- I think I would be less impacted overall than they would.. but my feelings are the same- I don't want to lose attributes to gear that I spent what seems like countless hours of hunting to get forgies to build- to learn how to use them to finally defeat the one mob that I couldn't ... etc. But in the bigger picture I don't want to lose playing on BSK. If taking these changes is what it takes to still have BSK to play on.. I'll role new characters and just start over, no biggie.
driller wrote:The old topic got kinda of off course. Comments please.

Balance proposals.
All AC to a max of +3 per item. Why? AC is still to high vs AB.

Damage soak max of 10 per item. Why? Damage soak coupled with damage immunities can make characters almost unkillable.

A more balanced XP script that removes all party level requirement rules. Why? To encourage more parties, no matter what the level difference.

BSK hood to 10%. Why? Slashing immunity is to high.

Max saves on an item is +1. Why? High saves makes a majority of spells useless.

Fail on 1 removed. Why? With the lowering of saves and the removal of immunities, fail on 1 is redundant.

All immunities on items removed. Fear,Mind,Death etc. Why? Immunities make a lot of spells and feats useless.

Devestating critical is allowed. All Bosses will be immune. Why? I have to throw you a bone don't I?

Thanks,
-driller
Last edited by Doofy Britches on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

I play on another server that has a cap of 25% on all physical damage resistances and it seems to work out well there and the server for the most part is comparable to BSK as far as being high magic . Any form of AC nerfing will change the dynamics of the way I build a melee here . I dont take 28 lvls of WM for nothing , Its to hit umgah mages , monks , dexers and the like . Its also helpful to have Impr expertise up your ac by 10 and still have a decent AB .
I agree with Doofy in a way , I've never played on a server where its allowed therefore I dont know all that much about it and had to Wiki the DC on it .
The difficulty class of the save is 10 + ½ character level + strength modifier. So If you built a RDD/PM/bard with the standard 52 strength the DC would be 10 + 20 + 20 = 50 ..With rapiers that would be the equivalet of a cleric w/ maxed wisdom and epic spell focus casting 3-5 Implosions per round . Thats a big can of worms to open up but if thats what you guys wanna do then I'm down .
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

tropiofCancer wrote:I play on another server that has a cap of 25% on all physical damage resistances and it seems to work out well there and the server for the most part is comparable to BSK as far as being high magic . Any form of AC nerfing will change the dynamics of the way I build a melee here . I dont take 28 lvls of WM for nothing , Its to hit umgah mages , monks , dexers and the like . Its also helpful to have Impr expertise up your ac by 10 and still have a decent AB .
I agree with Doofy in a way , I've never played on a server where its allowed therefore I dont know all that much about it and had to Wiki the DC on it .
The difficulty class of the save is 10 + ½ character level + strength modifier. So If you built a RDD/PM/bard with the standard 52 strength the DC would be 10 + 20 + 20 = 50 ..With rapiers that would be the equivalet of a cleric w/ maxed wisdom and epic spell focus casting 3-5 Implosions per round . Thats a big can of worms to open up but if thats what you guys wanna do then I'm down .
ya pretty much dev crit is monster of a move i've played on several servers that allow it none of witch are ''RP'' servers most people need to roll a 1 to fail it since they have mass + to saves on gear you fail you die rapier is best weapon next to scimitar though i've seen more interesting PVP on RP servers then at those arena ones there we all carry a dev critter even seen a arcane archer carry dev crit do it from across the map drillers amber system is basically a toned down dev crit doing % of life or something like that you can live though couple of em
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

I can't really agree with comparing an ambers crushing blow to dev crit . I don't know what the chances of an amber firing are although I know its small . What I do know is the threat range on a scimitar or rapier in a weapon masters hand , its 10-20 which is 50% and its not losing alot of your hit points its dying immediately unless you make the DC check which will be around 45-50 . I'm not sure if dev crit works in conjunction with something like Great Cleave but if it does then a horde of umgah can theoretically die in your first round of attacks .
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

tropiofCancer wrote:I can't really agree with comparing an ambers crushing blow to dev crit . I don't know what the chances of an amber firing are although I know its small . What I do know is the threat range on a scimitar or rapier in a weapon masters hand , its 10-20 which is 50% and its not losing alot of your hit points its dying immediately unless you make the DC check which will be around 45-50 . I'm not sure if dev crit works in conjunction with something like Great Cleave but if it does then a horde of umgah can theoretically die in your first round of attacks .

it does work with great cleave. but far as ambers to me they look like a RP style dev crit people on a RP server don't like it because you die instantly this amber deal fires off enough. of course on server where i had Dev crit i also had a very rare set of boots that i found yep i found it! only property on it was immune to crit no forge at this server. guess what i was wearing! the immune to crit boots. :lol: not because i wanted to be better at PVP but because i was getting my ass handed to me by mobs trying to advance in plot of server.
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
Alter Fritz
Baron
Baron

Post by Alter Fritz »

The proposed changes sound basically like a new PW. I agree with Capt Cliff, maybe just start another server... after some time to work out the kinks, we all can decide which one we like better.
Frankenstein doesn't scare me...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Sounds like a new PW? Hardly.

Thanks,
-driller
Alter Fritz wrote:The proposed changes sound basically like a new PW. I agree with Capt Cliff, maybe just start another server... after some time to work out the kinks, we all can decide which one we like better.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Rather than getting rid of immunities, the option could be to have immunities only on single trait items that are unforgable. This way those people who don't/can't build uber-slayers can opt to use those limited items rather than items with more goodies.

Another option/idea.... rather than nerfing items currently on the server with a script, use a script to rename the items that are being selected for nerfing and relable them. Add "Legacy" to the beginning of the name and assign it a special tag. Change the rules to limit people to "x" numbers of legacy items per character (exempting mules under 10th level). This would allow people to keep their favorite items or those items they are most dependent on. Then the main thing is to make sure that items of that level can not be recreated.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have decided to cap damage immunity to 35%. I am having doubts about adding dev crit.

-driller
Aegis
Knight
Knight

Post by Aegis »

driller wrote:I have decided to cap damage immunity to 35%. I am having doubts about adding dev crit.

-driller
Will this cap all sources of DI including those that come from alternate forms (Risen Lord)?
Last edited by Aegis on Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This should only apply to items.

Thanks,
-driller
Aegis wrote:
driller wrote:I have decided to cap damage immunity to 35%. I am having doubts about adding dev crit.

-driller
I assume this will cap all sources of DI including those that come from alternate forms (Risen Lord)? :(
monrast
Commoner
Commoner

Post by monrast »

driller wrote:This should only apply to items.

Thanks,
-driller
Aegis wrote:

-driller
I assume this will cap all sources of DI including those that come from alternate forms (Risen Lord)? :(
I take it this is by immunity type rather then a characters total possible immunity?
eg if i have armour helm and shield giving me 35% slash immunity and have 7 lots of 5% buldgeon spread over gears are both still valid?
magicshisha
Knight
Knight

Post by magicshisha »

driller wrote:I have decided to cap damage immunity to 35%.
You rock, driller! :D