Proposes changes #2

Use this forum to post suggestions for Blackstone.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Proposes changes #2

Post by driller »

The 35% cap only applies to a single damage type.

Thanks,
-driller
monrast wrote: I take it this is by immunity type rather then a characters total possible immunity?
eg if i have armour helm and shield giving me 35% slash immunity and have 7 lots of 5% buldgeon spread over gears are both still valid?
monrast
Commoner
Commoner

Post by monrast »

Ah excelent, thanks for the fast reply.

Any chance that potions of heal might be made available in the shops to offest this increassed damage some? extortionate price for them obviously but it might calm some of the grumblers a tad.
Jake_Master
Count
Count

Post by Jake_Master »

driller wrote:The 35% cap only applies to a single damage type.

Sounds Great!
Captain Andrick Korningstone, Arms Master Los Illuminados Alianza

Troy Korningstone
Andrin StoneBender, Master Crafter
Kurt Addams
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

No. It would surely be abused.

-driller
monrast wrote:Ah excelent, thanks for the fast reply.

Any chance that potions of heal might be made available in the shops to offest this increassed damage some? extortionate price for them obviously but it might calm some of the grumblers a tad.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

driller wrote:No. It would surely be abused.

-driller
monrast wrote:Ah excelent, thanks for the fast reply.

You can pay clerics with the scribe scroll feat to make you scrolls of healing.

Or you can just bounce to the temple and back like any good speedbuilder.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

I wanted to give a little feedback on the new nerfs . Because of them I have been all over the server leveling my new character . Some places i hadnt been to in years and some I had forgotten about entirely . I'm just as bad for taking an 11th lvl toon to ants as everyone else is and it's refreshing to have to do quests and explore the server to get xp again . One thing I have a question about is if the fail on one is removed . To PickPocket a non hostile character the Dc is only 20 or 30 if they are hostile then theres the spot check . I dont like the idea of your 'neighbor' who's bent on PPing you having a sure thing every time with no fear of a one being rolled and the akon eye firing . In fact a nice addition would be if the PP fails then one of the attempting characters equiped items are destroyed , preferable a ring when his hand is cut off .
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I probably won't be removing fail on 1, or adding dev crit.

-driller
tropiofCancer wrote:I wanted to give a little feedback on the new nerfs . Because of them I have been all over the server leveling my new character . Some places i hadnt been to in years and some I had forgotten about entirely . I'm just as bad for taking an 11th lvl toon to ants as everyone else is and it's refreshing to have to do quests and explore the server to get xp again . One thing I have a question about is if the fail on one is removed . To PickPocket a non hostile character the Dc is only 20 or 30 if they are hostile then theres the spot check . I dont like the idea of your 'neighbor' who's bent on PPing you having a sure thing every time with no fear of a one being rolled and the akon eye firing . In fact a nice addition would be if the PP fails then one of the attempting characters equiped items are destroyed , preferable a ring when his hand is cut off .
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

A wise decision .
Jake_Master
Count
Count

Post by Jake_Master »

100% agreed on Dev Crit decission...No go!
Captain Andrick Korningstone, Arms Master Los Illuminados Alianza

Troy Korningstone
Andrin StoneBender, Master Crafter
Kurt Addams
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Post by Doofy Britches »

Driller- I do think that's a good idea- and if its universal (equal to all types of damage) so much the better. Smart move.
Liked Myles comments too.

driller wrote:I have decided to cap damage immunity to 35%. I am having doubts about adding dev crit.

-driller
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Doofy Britches wrote:Driller- I do think that's a good idea- and if its universal (equal to all types of damage) so much the better. Smart move.
Liked Myles comments too.

driller wrote:I have decided to cap damage immunity to 35%. I am having doubts about adding dev crit.

-driller

But what's the cap on damage resistance? Was 20 with greater belts, but they are gone! :cry: they going to 15 like the old combat gloves?
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

driller wrote:The old topic got kinda of off course. Comments please.

Balance proposals.
All AC to a max of +3 per item. Why? AC is still to high vs AB.
Actually I believe that things are fine the way they are now. You show me on person who is untouchable and please don't say the bard/rdd/pm. They can be killed by a bard/Ranger/SD That charcter drops there spot down and can deal the damage that needs to be done. Also the dex based rdd/pm's ab is so low that a it cant hit anyone anyway lol. Strength based has a decent ab but, low spot usually best spot you can get with one is lower 100s and we have plenty of sneakers that have been on this server to do well over 100 hide. Show me one character you believe I cant hit with a build and I'll prove you wrong
driller wrote:Damage soak max of 10 per item. Why? Damage soak coupled with damage immunities can make characters almost unkillable.
Ok this is something I wonder if your looking at it from a pvp aspect or a pvm aspect. I have a good feeling your looking at it from a pvp aspect....and thats wrong. Trust me when I say this there is NO ONE that is unkillable. as many years as I have played here I have learned that. I've made a few really good builds on this server and I have found a builds to kill them all. Its a game of rock, paper, scissors.

Now for the pvm side. lets see you've based almost all your current monsters on the gear and items that people can get inside bsk. You've increased the umgahs and the ants damage because people were becoming immune to most of there damage. Now than take all that immunity down to 35% and damage soak down to 10/- and leave the monsters at the same as they are now. Now you have a situation to where most people are going to have to party to get there lvls on the server. Currently your player base is at its lowest point but, by doing these changes your creating a server in wich you must party up or die.

I believe cassius's approach is a much better idea. Instead of just suddenly dropping immunitys down to 35% and taking damage reduction down look at the data. Ok as of now we have immunitys capped at 35% wich is cool that needed to happen. Now than instead of just knocking damage soak down take a look at how characters are doing aginst the monsters you created to work around these items. With immunitys alone being knocked down people cant run to the ants at lvl 11 any more they will get there butts kicked fast. Umgahs will be hard to kill. I mean just stop and look and if you still feel the need to do it than drop the soak down to 15 and than step back and get some more data and see look again.

A more balanced XP script that removes all party level requirement rules. Why? To encourage more parties, no matter what the level difference.

BSK hood to 10%. Why? Slashing immunity is to high.
driller wrote:Max saves on an item is +1. Why? High saves makes a majority of spells useless.-driller
Fix your monsters first

Fail on 1 removed. Why? With the lowering of saves and the removal of immunities, fail on 1 is redundant.
driller wrote:All immunities on items removed. Fear,Mind,Death etc. Why? Immunities make a lot of spells and feats useless.-driller
Already tried this once...it didn't work to well because you didn't fix your monsters. There was hardly a chance to make a discipline check against knockdown. This time try changing your monsters a bit before you take it out or at the same time you do. I bet you will get more positive feedback than negative that time around.
driller wrote:Devestating critical is allowed. All Bosses will be immune. Why? I have to throw you a bone don't I?
NOT JUST NO! LOL

Thanks,
Zero
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

I agree with Wing Zero on a few of those points but maybe not so much on others . I did ants the other day wearing an Elite swordsmans Belt , BSK Hood , 2 zigil armor with 1 green socket and used a Dragon shield . Every hit Im taking damage but that was offset by vamp regeneration in the weapon I was using , my point is that its doable its just not handed to you on a silver platter at 11th lvl . Umgahs of course will be different , I seldom ever play a PM and depend on AC alot when I go to the more hardcore areas . If I am caught flat footed in Nethris Im going to die quickly , I have managed Nethris with a 10/- belt and 30% pierce resist and did just fine even w/o being immune to crits . I really don't agree w/ dropping the ac down to +3 but all it will do for me is raise the bioware cap of 20 when I use other things to offset it . I believe thats why epic Mage armor only gives people +5 ac when they are forged up . Pm melees , monks , dex builds and the rest will continue to have insane ac's , all +3 will do is remove any two handed weapon wielder from the server . Even if you remove +20 weapons people will still use potions/wands of true strike . Its like Wing said , any character can be hit . A weapon master with a 75 ab who two stage taunts you has an effective ab of 81 thats plenty . Sure there are those that near a 100 AC ( on their character sheet anyway ) but they will lose all their dodge ac if they are caught flatfooted , weither its from an umgah flanking you , a sneaker , or someone hitting you w/ darkness . I've fought and beaten the RDD/PM/Bard build the same as Wing Zero has but its my opinion someone who plays one should dye their armor pink and erf themself a purse just like Bubbles did .
One of the things that have contibuted to the complete lack of RP here anymore is that characters are being leveled like well run factory and once its done they mule the ant and umgah gear and move on to the next .