Blackstone v2.0 Bugs

Use this forum to report bugs.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blackstone v2.0 Bugs

Post by driller »

With a new version comes new bugs and old :).
Please post them here.

Some things that I am aware of.

1.NPCs that do not talk.
2.Monster CR balance.
3.Loot drops.
4.Forging.

-driller
Vladmire Triskvanski
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Vladmire Triskvanski »

Heres my list!

Elemental shine door still says elemental shine, not earth elemental shine.
Exp seems to have changed... before i would get 0 then like XXX, but now im getting XX, then XX.

It varies from monster to more the amount of exp.

Those little items that we put into stones have no information on what they do, nor do they tell us what level the new item will be.
Hey all, lets make nwn 2 more like 3.5... Oh shiny!

Sheit! we wasted all our time PUSH PUSH!!
philwolf
Knight
Knight

Post by philwolf »

Hi Driller,

Not sure if this is a bug but it seems something to have a look at.
On a certain place (i will send you a tell where) i found two items. After every reset these same items appear again and can be picked up (it is just on the floor)
first item is a longsword with attack bonus +20 and dmg bonus bludge 2d12
second item is a full plate with resistance bludg, pierc, slash 50/- and dmg reduction bludg, piercing, slash 50/-
my cleric Babar has it in his invent on the second page if you want to remove it, my warlock saar putted it in the persistant chest (to heavy).

Not sure what the lvl restrictions are on these items and if this should be a normal find.
greetings
Phil aka Ree, Babar, Saar
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

These were testing items. I will remove them.

Thanks,
-driller
philwolf wrote:Hi Driller,

Not sure if this is a bug but it seems something to have a look at.
On a certain place (i will send you a tell where) i found two items. After every reset these same items appear again and can be picked up (it is just on the floor)
first item is a longsword with attack bonus +20 and dmg bonus bludge 2d12
second item is a full plate with resistance bludg, pierc, slash 50/- and dmg reduction bludg, piercing, slash 50/-
my cleric Babar has it in his invent on the second page if you want to remove it, my warlock saar putted it in the persistant chest (to heavy).

Not sure what the lvl restrictions are on these items and if this should be a normal find.
greetings
Phil aka Ree, Babar, Saar
shadowklaw
Commoner
Commoner

Post by shadowklaw »

wow imagine the smith who could make those!!!
yup still me
you know the 1 face down in the pool of my own blood
Herald of Darkness
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Herald of Darkness »

Hi

Found two two things so far.

1. The waypoint in Frozen forest gets called Abyssal realm in the waypoint list.

2. The changing of looks of gear at the smithy seems even more broken now, tried to change the looks of a Cloak of protection +1 but the looks didnt change instead I got a duplicate put into my inventory every time I tried to change it.

Must add that the server looks really great after the update, its huge now and really fun to explore :D
Katar
Knight
Knight

Post by Katar »

The new areas look really nice Driller! A couple things I have come across so far:

Many of the new transitions points are called "new area transition" or "new area transition fixed". Others have the name of the area they transition into correctly labeled.

I get yellow messages saying "mob is invalid" and "source is invalid" in my text box when entering the lizzard cave and the messages repeated constantly when walking thru it. When I am getting that message it seems to stop the critter respawns. edit: getting same messages in snowy mtn pass too.

The new waypoints don't seem to register as known waypoints and I couldn't get back to them from the older waypoints.

Looks like alot of people logged in to see the new world. It got really lagged and I took a break from exploring. The areas really do look nice tho and the world seems ALOT more spread out. Thanks.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Thanks, I checked both caves that Tyranoids spawn in and saw nothing wrong. Which cave specifically?

-driller

Katar wrote:The new areas look really nice Driller! A couple things I have come across so far:

Many of the new transitions points are called "new area transition" or "new area transition fixed". Others have the name of the area they transition into correctly labeled.

I get yellow messages saying "mob is invalid" and "source is invalid" in my text box when entering the lizzard cave and the messages repeated constantly when walking thru it. When I am getting that message it seems to stop the critter respawns.

The new waypoints don't seem to register as known waypoints and I couldn't get back to them from the older waypoints.

Looks like alot of people logged in to see the new world. It got really lagged and I took a break from exploring. The areas really do look nice tho and the world seems ALOT more spread out. Thanks.
Katar
Knight
Knight

Post by Katar »

The upper level of Kyron's cave. I also got it 2 different times in the frozen forest, outside in the Tyranoid swamps and in the ettin area with all the transition points(transition central:)).

It doesn't seem to be area specific - I get it when entering a new area or when relogging into an area. Once it starts, it lasts for 5 - 10 minutes and just repeats every 30 seconds or so. Not sure what prompts it since it happens even if I just stand still and don't do anything. Seems to be somehow related to critter respawns.

At least 2 others mentioned similar messages last nite so I don't think it is specific to my character.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I put a debug message on it that will reveal the real area with the problem, be on the lookout.

-driller
Katar wrote:The upper level of Kyron's cave. I also got it 2 different times in the frozen forest, outside in the Tyranoid swamps and in the ettin area with all the transition points(transition central:)).

It doesn't seem to be area specific - I get it when entering a new area or when relogging into an area. Once it starts, it lasts for 5 - 10 minutes and just repeats every 30 seconds or so. Not sure what prompts it since it happens even if I just stand still and don't do anything. Seems to be somehow related to critter respawns.

At least 2 others mentioned similar messages last nite so I don't think it is specific to my character.
Katar
Knight
Knight

Post by Katar »

I just logged in and ported to right outside Tyranoid cave--as soon as I entered that set of messages started right up-- there was no debug message tho--just the same 2 messages: Source is invalid and then on next line mob is invalid. Not "mod" like some have been saying--mine says "mob".
Aneldor Shadowflame
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Aneldor Shadowflame »

without ruining any location spoilers i noticed that Akons was impossible to get into as his summon never spawns.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It spawns, but it is random.

-driller
Aneldor Shadowflame wrote:without ruining any location spoilers i noticed that Akons was impossible to get into as his summon never spawns.
Katar
Knight
Knight

Post by Katar »

Not sure if you have been able to reproduce the invalid source, invalid mob errors but I just got it again today when portalling from the temple to the Tyranoid swamps using my rune stone. As soon as I portalled the message"Tyranoid swamp invalid source" and the next line "invalid mob" came up in my text box. I had already clicked to enter the cave and the messages stopped when I got inside. This was the 1st time that the name of the area accompanied the invalid source message.

The error always seems to be prompted by logging in, portalling or zoning.
jeh1736
Commoner
Commoner

Post by jeh1736 »

I was able to get the guardian for Akon to spawn, and defeated it, but the stone does not allow you to activate it in the circle. The only choices you have is Examine or Drop.