Bug reports

Use this forum to report bugs.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Re: Bug reports

Post by Jazelle »

Alamore-Threepwood wrote:Where you fighting rust monsters?
Oh give it a break. Driller there is no bug here just someone who does not understand what a rust monster is in D&D and NWN. It ate it like all good rust monsters do. That is a normal feature of the creature in NWN. ie do not fight them if you dont' wish to loose something you value.
The world is a strange place.
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

Jazelle wrote:
Alamore-Threepwood wrote:Where you fighting rust monsters?
Oh give it a break. Driller there is no bug here just someone who does not understand what a rust monster is in D&D and NWN. It ate it like all good rust monsters do. That is a normal feature of the creature in NWN. ie do not fight them if you dont' wish to loose something you value.
yes rust monsters = do not enter period unless you wish go HAH my stuff is gone i don't see point of them since who really gana use that area to train in pointless area really i've been there twice both times on accident and didn't move more then few feet from door because that would be bad [-X
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

I heard that naked monks with an empty inventory do rather well with the rust monsters... Though, rumor has it that the Rust Monsters are going to file a class action suit for cross-species sexual harassment. It seems seeing the naked monks has caused the Rust Monsters a great deal of mental trauma.... though one reportedly died from laughter.

Myle
Artist? Writer? Musician?
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
http://www.myspace.com/st_dm_myle
Nathan Scorne
Baron
Baron

Post by Nathan Scorne »

Could you please inform them that my law firm is willing to take their case but only if they are paying with "Paper currency". :twisted:
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. -Mark Twain?
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

Nathan Scorne wrote:Could you please inform them that my law firm is willing to take their case but only if they are paying with "Paper currency". :twisted:
Rust Monsters use White Forge Stones for money.

[/irony]
Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Nathan Scorne
Baron
Baron

Post by Nathan Scorne »

Well I guess they'll have to find some Pro Bono representation.

:twisted: I knew that was coming.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. -Mark Twain?
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

Nathan Scorne wrote:Well I guess they'll have to find some Pro Bono representation.

:twisted: I knew that was coming.
I'll cook up a bard with wings named "Harvey Birdman" for this.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time
Nite Mage
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Nite Mage »

Not sure if this is part of the anti-duping script, if it is I am very disappointed. I purchased an uber item at Akon's Hovel, not something usually found there. I assumed an older player that was quitting(or newbie who didn't know what they had) had sold it. I quickly spent the requested 4+million gold to have it. After trying to color and craft the item to my satisfaction, *poof* it was gone. The script just said "lost item". I would assume the dup script would take the item off the offending player and not from some unsuspecting player who spends gold either at a pawn or from an auction. I agree that the item was definately something I have never seen before, and maybe should have been suspicious. But I have never seen several "legendary" items in the game.....luckstones, scarlet forge stones, etc..

Now I am sure there is no way to repay me for the gold or the item, but I have to say I was very happy with the item and I think I threw up a little when it disappeared.

If it wasn't a problem with the duping script, it is just a HUGE problem in general.
Gamlik Stormforge, the more handsome and less odor offensive brother of Hector Stormforge.
Shaym, halfling assasin.
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

Nite Mage wrote:Not sure if this is part of the anti-duping script, if it is I am very disappointed. I purchased an uber item at Akon's Hovel, not something usually found there. I assumed an older player that was quitting(or newbie who didn't know what they had) had sold it. I quickly spent the requested 4+million gold to have it. After trying to color and craft the item to my satisfaction, *poof* it was gone. The script just said "lost item". I would assume the dup script would take the item off the offending player and not from some unsuspecting player who spends gold either at a pawn or from an auction. I agree that the item was definately something I have never seen before, and maybe should have been suspicious. But I have never seen several "legendary" items in the game.....luckstones, scarlet forge stones, etc..

Now I am sure there is no way to repay me for the gold or the item, but I have to say I was very happy with the item and I think I threw up a little when it disappeared.

If it wasn't a problem with the duping script, it is just a HUGE problem in general.
by chance when you where crafting the item did you fail the check? i've failed the check while crafting a cloak and it poofs forever lost do let us know if you did
Nite Mage
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Nite Mage »

I don't think so, because I believe I canceled the craft. I didn't check to see if I had faliled the craft, because I just canceled it.
Gamlik Stormforge, the more handsome and less odor offensive brother of Hector Stormforge.
Shaym, halfling assasin.
DM_eaze
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_eaze »

Nite Mage wrote:.......Not sure if this is part of the anti-duping script........
The anti duping script only runs when you logon. So it didn't cause it.
May I ask what properties the "uber" weapon had?
DM eaze
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

Often when crafting I have had items vanish. It is annoying but by luck they all were replaced or were only starter items so not much lost there. It's been happening for years.
The world is a strange place.
XDragonDoomX
Baron
Baron

Post by XDragonDoomX »

One (possible) bug and one conversation correction.

1. When at marvale front, if accidentally or otherwise killing a Marvale Royal Defender, the opportunity to atone for the deed is available through an NPC on Marvale Docks. Once he has been paid, the Marvale Royals once again greet you with open arms. However, on returning to Blackstone, the guards still greet you with drawn arms....

2. Captain Zim is under the impression, once resuming the voyage to Marvale after meeting any Black Orc raiding party, that he is charging five thousand gold, not one thousand.

XDDX
139. My bard is required to take levels in the perform skill and cannot 'just play by ear'

2. A one man band is not an appropriate bard instrument.

26. Valley speak has no place in a fantasy setting. Especially if you're the paladin.
ST_DM_Myle
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by ST_DM_Myle »

XDragonDoomX wrote: 2. Captain Zim is under the impression, once resuming the voyage to Marvale after meeting any Black Orc raiding party, that he is charging five thousand gold, not one thousand.
It is about time for Zim to raise his prices anyways. Those engines he is running are powered by gas.

What?

You did not think he gets from place to place so quickly on wind power did you?

Myle
Want to be published?
ImageLoT-zine©
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

ST_DM_Myle wrote:
XDragonDoomX wrote: 2. Captain Zim is under the impression, once resuming the voyage to Marvale after meeting any Black Orc raiding party, that he is charging five thousand gold, not one thousand.
It is about time for Zim to raise his prices anyways. Those engines he is running are powered by gas.

What?

You did not think he gets from place to place so quickly on wind power did you?

Myle
in a world where a mage can stop time i think he can figure it out :twisted: