Bug reports

Use this forum to report bugs.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bug reports

Post by driller »

Please post bug reports here. I am especially interested in server stability and lag/freezes.

-driller
Last edited by driller on Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dark-777
Baron
Baron

Post by dark-777 »

Upon my return into BSK2 I noticed right away a significant difference in the general feel of it.. I have not crashed one time, and the lag is near non existent. I was only there for a short time today, but I can tell you that the first time I went into BSK2, I spent more time lagging, freezing and crashing then I did actually playing. This time around, it is like a completely new server. :) :thumbsup:
Perforación de la luz con una oscuridad confortante
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

no one seems to be able to get XP... I thought at first it had to do with partying, but that turned out not to be the case >.< anyway, yeah no XP from monster kills.
Scorp57
Commoner
Commoner

Exp bug

Post by Scorp57 »

I confirmed that exp was working on Gank and some of the other boss monsters but now of the regular one give anything, there is one display of 0 exp on a kill
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

I was fighting in wolves with one of my characters at 9:30 pm PST and got XP when I killed them, but my party members that killed wolves weren't getting XP off their own kills. we then moved onto the road to fight kobolds and none of us got XP
jackybaby
Count
Count

Post by jackybaby »

This is a bug with satellite ISP's, not BSK2 really.

Sadly enough, I went through all the trouble of updating NWN2 so Jen and I could join our friends on BSK2, and the latency inherent with satellite is unforgiving. Even with all options turned off or to lowest settings, the lag kills me.

NWN1 and BSK1 were playable even with pings of up to 3,000 for us. I had a ping of 1028 with BSK2, and it was unplayable. Until we get better options out here in the sticks for internet, besides dial up and satellite, we are unable to join you chaps.

There is a 900mhz wireless going up soon in the area and I plan to jump on it. Pings should be 10% of what they are now with that. Until then, enjoy and save us a spot.
The wise man speaks because he has something to say. The fool speaks because he has to say something.
Zeshannara
Baron
Baron

Post by Zeshannara »

Another problem with the XP system again today and some minor lag/freezing yesterday but nothing extremely bad. Not sure however whats up with the non existent experience gain.
Kmoki
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kmoki »

The XP issues seems fixed, but the server is real unstable tonight. Keeps crashing about every 20 minutes.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Is anyone able to cast a bigbys spell?

-driller
Kmoki
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kmoki »

I don't know if this is a bug so much, but loot drops are WEIRD with a super W. 99 of 100 enemies don't drop any kind of loot or gold, and then when they do drop loot, it's either a 9 gold sword or potion, or a level 19 item, like the flail I pulled off an orc in Skara Brae.

It could just be bad luck, but it doesn't seem like it.
Kmoki
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kmoki »

Forward, post count!

The minotaurs in the Underground Passage spawn in at roughly half health.

Makes it easier to keep their numbers down, though.

Edit: I'm just gonna tag this in here, too

What's up with the trolls in "The Hole?" It's about impossible for a fighter to have fire/acid damage, since you can't buy that anywhere. I'm assuming socket stones can add that, but those are pretty much the luck of the draw. I'd buy a random fire damage weapon so I could switch and beat a troll to death if it was offered.
jeh1736
Commoner
Commoner

Post by jeh1736 »

Kmoki wrote:What's up with the trolls in "The Hole?" It's about impossible for a fighter to have fire/acid damage, since you can't buy that anywhere. I'm assuming socket stones can add that, but those are pretty much the luck of the draw. I'd buy a random fire damage weapon so I could switch and beat a troll to death if it was offered.
The fire/acid to kill the trolls was added by Obsidian per 3.5 rules, but you can buy two things in the keep to aid you in killing the trolls. Check with Pith, and you should see what I mean.
Kmoki
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kmoki »

That takes away from the fun of a beatdown with "Dagger +1d4 fire," though!

But I do see what you're referring too now. :oops:
"I think I can say with no irony whatsoever that this plan is flawless."
Wielder of the Mustache of Power
Kmoki
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kmoki »

I see you fixing the minotaurs, and I think something's been done about the loot drops, they seem more reasonable now. I could also be on crack about that.

I raise you a quest bug. If you kill a quest target PRIOR to gaining the quest, you get the quest object, and you can just do it over and over again, since Foxmore only removes one object with that IDtag at a time.

Level 7...off to the swamp to crush many bugs!

Edit: The swamps were over my head...

Also, the server seems a little laggy, even thought there's just a couple people online.
Kmoki
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kmoki »

Going into the mines is like a journey to the center of the earth :shock:

The doors down in the mines don't shut like all the others.

I think I'm just nitpicking at this point. Time to go to sleep.

Edit: I wasn't able to insert socket stones to my armor tonight. My character would just stall forever. Possibly lag-related?

Edit: At log-in, "Blackstone Heroes Online" doesn't display anyone, even when other people are on.