Bug reports

Use this forum to report bugs.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will try to logon this Sunday and give you the three items.

-driller
Aneldor Shadowflame wrote:hello driller, my character completed a quest for foxmore, its the quest where you have to kill the three elementals in the temple in Ebonwood and collect and return the three essences. i returned the items and completed the quest, when i checked my inventory i noticed i still had the three essences,and stupidly i removed them from my inventory thinking i had no use for them. now foxmore wont transport me to the realm of the three demon lords without them, but now i find myself in the situation of not being able to re-aquire the three essences as everytime i try to pick one up i get the msg "you have no need of this quest item" and the essence is instantly dropped to the floor again. and ofcourse foxmore wont deal with me unless i have them in my inventory, so im kinda stuck in quest limbo right now. here are my details.

login: orionnebula
pc :Aneldor Shadowflame
Aneldor Shadowflame
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Aneldor Shadowflame »

thanks driller i appreciate it...
Burgertime
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Burgertime »

Hey Driller,

I got a Green Forgestone and used it on a weapon. It gave me a property on my weapon(i dont want to post a spoiler here so i wont say what property), but the property is not working. I've tried it on various creatures of different levels and a voluntary player.

Also, I first tried to put it on a slotted weapon with full gems, it said all slots needed to be full, but it would not take, kept telling me the slots needed to be full. I also tried it on a slotted weapon with no gems. did not work. I ended up getting it to work on a Fiery Katana.

Anyways, if you want to experiment with this, or offer a refund. :D My login is Burgetime, the character is Rocky Wosher, and the weapon is Fiery Katana.
Katar
Knight
Knight

Persistent chest crashes

Post by Katar »

Hi Driller - I logged on with an older character last nite and when I tried to open the persistent chest he crashed the server. The 1st time I didn't realize that my opening the chest was the cause of the server crash. After the server came back up I tried again and it crashed again. I won't try to access the chest anymore but wanted to let you know about the issue.

I'm not sure this is related or not but I noticed this character had a dmfi tool in his inventory but the most recently created characters I made do not.

Thnx again for all your work :!:
Zardoz
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Cannot gain XP as Deep Gnome

Post by Zardoz »

Thanks Driller, it works now. I did notice that when wild-shaped I gain only half the XP. Not sure if this is on purpose or not, but I'm just glad to be gaining now! :)
driller wrote:I am no longer doing level checks, instead I am calculating level based on current XP. You should not see this message after the next reset.

-driller
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Somehow wildshape must affecting the amount of XP reported by the game.

-driller
Zardoz wrote:Thanks Driller, it works now. I did notice that when wild-shaped I gain only half the XP. Not sure if this is on purpose or not, but I'm just glad to be gaining now! :)
driller wrote:I am no longer doing level checks, instead I am calculating level based on current XP. You should not see this message after the next reset.

-driller
Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

-driller
Zardoz wrote:Ok, I have some more info that I hope will help.

I was fighting in a party with a Half-orc/barbarian. I was wild-shaped into a Boar. I made the killing blow. I got the "You cannot gain any more XP until you level" message, however, HE gained XP from the kill.

Dunno if that helps. I hope so.
Zardoz wrote:Ah! Found the problem! Seems to happen when I'm Polymorphed into a wild shape. Tried it again as all of the fifth-level forms and can't gain XP in any of them. As soon as I turn back into a person I can gain XP again.

I sure hope there's a fix. Being a Druid, I was planning to do most of my melee in wild shape :(
You mean it was getting the hit dice of the creature he morphed into instead of the base character? Is that just because of your shifter system you think?
Sincerely,
Father Unen E'lie
Founding elven warrior-stealth monk of the Shining Order Monastery
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The "shifter system" is stock Obsidian. But since I am using XP to determine what level he is, it shouldn't matter now.

-driller
Dugaru327 wrote:

-driller
Zardoz wrote:Ok, I have some more info that I hope will help.

I was fighting in a party with a Half-orc/barbarian. I was wild-shaped into a Boar. I made the killing blow. I got the "You cannot gain any more XP until you level" message, however, HE gained XP from the kill.

Dunno if that helps. I hope so.
You mean it was getting the hit dice of the creature he morphed into instead of the base character? Is that just because of your shifter system you think?
Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

driller wrote:The "shifter system" is stock Obsidian. But since I am using XP to determine what level he is, it shouldn't matter now.

-driller
Dugaru327 wrote:

-driller
Oh, I thought you used your own. Oh wait we're talking NWN2 here. In that case it's probably a bug, you might wanna report it...

Edit: BTW you respond fast...do you have a program that notifies you when someone posts something?
Sincerely,
Father Unen E'lie
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

No, just happened to be on at this moment.

-driller
Oh, I thought you used your own. Oh wait we're talking NWN2 here. In that case it's probably a bug, you might wanna report it...

Edit: BTW you respond fast...do you have a program that notifies you when someone posts something?
Dugaru327
Baron
Baron

Post by Dugaru327 »

ah, ok:) But still the bug people should know about that :-\
Sincerely,
Father Unen E'lie
Bear
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Persistent chest crashes

Post by Bear »

Katar wrote:Hi Driller - I logged on with an older character last nite and when I tried to open the persistent chest he crashed the server. The 1st time I didn't realize that my opening the chest was the cause of the server crash. After the server came back up I tried again and it crashed again. I won't try to access the chest anymore but wanted to let you know about the issue.

I'm not sure this is related or not but I noticed this character had a dmfi tool in his inventory but the most recently created characters I made do not.

Thnx again for all your work :!:
I have the same problem with my old characters too. and all my old characters have that dmfi tool in there inventory too.

My login is: PaulMartin2

Characters names are:
Gram Colt
Sandy Blake
Caldur Evra

thanks
Bear
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I didn't catch you online, but I made a change to the quest script, try now.

-driller
Aneldor Shadowflame wrote:thanks driller i appreciate it...
Soju
Knight
Knight

Post by Soju »

Oh I cant wait to try it I have the same problem.
'It doesn't get any more serious than a rhinoceros..."
Soju
Knight
Knight

re: elemental element quest

Post by Soju »

I just tried this again and still no joy. My char previouly defeated and had all the ellemental essences, they then dissapeared after I completed the quest. Now Foxmore wants me to get them again but I am unable to pick them up/ I am told I no longer need those quest items.
'It doesn't get any more serious than a rhinoceros..."