Bug reports

Use this forum to report bugs.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Bear
Commoner
Commoner

Crashing sever

Post by Bear »

Hi Driller,
I have tried to open the storage chest In BK and both times I have crashed game..
I played here when you had sever up the first time around. I had a few socket gems and items in the chest. I'am not worried about losing the Items. But If i keep crashing sever that worries me..

Bear
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Crashing sever

Post by driller »

Probably a corrupt db. I will check it out.

Thanks,
-driller
Bear wrote:Hi Driller,
I have tried to open the storage chest In BK and both times I have crashed game..
I played here when you had sever up the first time around. I had a few socket gems and items in the chest. I'am not worried about losing the Items. But If i keep crashing sever that worries me..

Bear
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

You may already be aware of it but I thought I would let you know the server has crashed about 5 times this morning from 8am-11am CT
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
epsilon1@blueyonder.co.uk
Commoner
Commoner

Post by epsilon1@blueyonder.co.uk »

Hello Driller,
its 1pm GMT here and i tried to log into the server,i logged in fine but the portal on the ship at start (portal to Blackstone Keep) is not working. so rather than sailing the high seas for eternity i thought id let you know. let me take this oportunity to let you know im a huge fan of your modules, your crafting ideas are fun and original and plz keep the server up..im sure its going to take off soon.
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

Same here Driller , Stuck on the boat .
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have not made any scripting changes, so it probably is a server bug.
I will reset the server.

-driller

tropiofCancer wrote:Same here Driller , Stuck on the boat .
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Thanks, I will do my best.

-driller
epsilon1@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:Hello Driller,
its 1pm GMT here and i tried to log into the server,i logged in fine but the portal on the ship at start (portal to Blackstone Keep) is not working. so rather than sailing the high seas for eternity i thought id let you know. let me take this oportunity to let you know im a huge fan of your modules, your crafting ideas are fun and original and plz keep the server up..im sure its going to take off soon.
Blue_Wyrm
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Blue_Wyrm »

Hello!

This is a minor, not game-breaking issue that I should report I believe:

Upon destroying the Shard of the dead in the Blackstone Crypt, I get nothing to notify me that I have progressed in the related quest (no journal entry update, etc). Another player told me that I just have to head back for a reward, and it worked (thanks man!), but I think a journal entry on the destruction of the Shard would prevent misleading some players like me. :)

The module is very nice, by the way! I really like how it's made like the NWN1 one!
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

I am unsure if you are aware of the socket gems being buggy or not, but I found two green socket gems and when I tried to put one into a socketed bastard sword it said "You have can put 's in this item" I don't know if socket gems are supposed to work like they did in BSK1 or not but even if not, that error message needs to be a little clearer on what it is trying to say. BUT I am loving the server it has just enough discordant notes to make it new and exciting! even after 3 years on BSK1. Thanks for all your time and effort drillerman.
Bear
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Bear »

hi Driller,
tried to open storage chest in BK today.. and I am still crashing sever.. This was my first attept since I reported it last week...
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

I figured something out with socketing. you can't add a socket gem to an item after you change its appearance.
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

Hmmm Ghost , That explains why Jim Jones can't use that Emerald forgie in his leisure suit .J/K. On a more serious note I put a cunic in my armor and now I cant even activate a cunic. Tyrannoids been beating me like I stole something too . Just sharing info .
Doofy Britches
Duke
Duke

Stability/Bug

Post by Doofy Britches »

Hi Driller-

I'm really loving BSKII. Its *tough*! (I like that)

Server has been going down (crashing) about every 10-20 mintues this evening.. (Wednesday nite)- not sure why. It got me completely killed a few times so I decided to come here and let you know. Only 6 players on, max.

Bug-

If you buy a Cloak of Protection +1, and go to Garth and try to change the appearance- it adds another "+1 Deflection" to the cloak, and makes it a lvl 4 item. Only you don't get the extra +1 to the deflection (you you do finally get to 4th level) -so not an exploit. Those are expensive at lvl 1, and if someone is tyring to change their appearance.. they'd be out some much need coin if that happens.

Note- I believe this only happens on characters who have "0" points in craft armor...

Thanks for putting bsk2 together.. very fun to play!
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and to not sow discord. - Gary Gygax
Barnabee
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Barnabee »

I don't know if it's a bug only for BSK, never really tried in the campain, but when I transition from an area to another, my animal companion seems to get lost in "limbo"... It doesn't transition with me, and it's not in the first area either... but it stays in my team with the transitionning image. Then I can't get him back, unless I sleep and summon him again, then I have two companions in my team, the one stuck in the transition, and the new one....
Ohm Webber
Ghost4life
Count
Count

Post by Ghost4life »

that seems to be a bug only in BSKII because in the OC my mage's companion never seems to get lost in limbo like that.