character lost her feats and other issues

Post your builds here.
meadow
Commoner
Commoner

character lost her feats and other issues

Post by meadow »

I just started playing the other day on this server, so it maybe on my end.
user meadow
toon name Neelie Stoneshield
Lvl 8 trying to get lvl 9 (Fighter 6 WM 2)

I went to level Neelie and take improve crit hit and it will only let me choose unarmed strike...before login she has her feats, in game they are gone. Skills seem to be missing off and on too. I notice in skills section there are a bunch of "BadStrRef" followed by numbers on this toon as well. Not sure what they are.

User Meadow
toon adzul stoneshield
First toon I made and he can't login....something about illegal spells not sure what happened but he can be deleted....only 2nd level
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: character lost her feats and other issues

Post by driller »

Make sure do not have any 2da in your override folder or mods for NWN from Steam's workshop installed.
meadow wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:28 pm I just started playing the other day on this server, so it maybe on my end.
user meadow
toon name Neelie Stoneshield
Lvl 8 trying to get lvl 9 (Fighter 6 WM 2)

I went to level Neelie and take improve crit hit and it will only let me choose unarmed strike...before login she has her feats, in game they are gone. Skills seem to be missing off and on too. I notice in skills section there are a bunch of "BadStrRef" followed by numbers on this toon as well. Not sure what they are.

User Meadow
toon adzul stoneshield
First toon I made and he can't login....something about illegal spells not sure what happened but he can be deleted....only 2nd level
meadow
Commoner
Commoner

Post by meadow »

I removed 3 2da files from override in steam NWN file and NWN would not run. I put them back and the game runs again.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

NWN doesn't need 3rd party 2das to run. If anything they would cause problems like the one your character has.

I would remove them and then do a verify of your installation, something isn't right your game.
meadow wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:32 pm I removed 3 2da files from override in steam NWN file and NWN would not run. I put them back and the game runs again.
meadow
Commoner
Commoner

Post by meadow »

Thanks Diller,
verifying it after I removed those files worked. Truly appreciate it. Neelie owes you a beer at the bar when you see her.

Cheers
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You're welcome.
meadow wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:59 pm Thanks Diller,
verifying it after I removed those files worked. Truly appreciate it. Neelie owes you a beer at the bar when you see her.

Cheers