Bladeweaver builds?

Post your builds here.
noctem93
Commoner
Commoner

Bladeweaver builds?

Post by noctem93 »

Hi all,

New member here. I just started playing BSK a couple of weeks ago, and so far I love it. (Thanks Cornflower for telling me about it!).

Anyway, I'm rambling now... back to my point. I love the idea of a Bladeweaver, and in fact I built myself one without doing ANY research into builds, viability, etc. That being said, I just looked through the builds section here but I didn't see any specific for Bladeweavers. Are there any? If so, where? If not, well, why not? :lol:

Just "winging it" as I go with this toon. I thought something like a Mestil's Pale Emmisary build might be kinda cool, but with the FTR thrown in to the mix early to meet the Bladeweaver req's. Dex-based for dual-wield (no arcane failure chance since no shield) and poor AC on purpose since I will *want* to get hit so my recipro-damage shields will proc. So far, I'm thinking Wiz 26/Ftr 4/PM 10, just like the MPE build, but with the FTR front-loaded pre-epic so I don't have to wait a zillion years for my katana. :wink:

Any thoughts or guidance on this from the BSK peeps?
Justian Fryar - Order of Jormungandr (Druid/Cleric/Monk)
Gwynn Fryar - Warsinger of Gwynharwyf (Barbarian/Bard/CoT)
Qelmon Jivardi - Bladeweaver (Wiz/Ftr/PM)
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Re: Bladeweaver builds?

Post by Yunim »

noctem93 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:02 pm Just "winging it" as I go with this toon. I thought something like a Mestil's Pale Emmisary build might be kinda cool, but with the FTR thrown in to the mix early to meet the Bladeweaver req's. Dex-based for dual-wield (no arcane failure chance since no shield) and poor AC on purpose since I will *want* to get hit so my recipro-damage shields will proc. So far, I'm thinking Wiz 26/Ftr 4/PM 10, just like the MPE build, but with the FTR front-loaded pre-epic so I don't have to wait a zillion years for my katana.
You don't need PM levels for PvM since monsters don't crit players. Dropping armor and shields is a good idea though, since it's hard to fit in Auto Still 3 and keep a decent AB. I think you can only have one Bladeweaver katana, but you can use a normal katana in your offhand so that shouldn't be a problem.

Bladeweavers suffer from the same problem that most spellswords have, they can attack and they can cast but they're mediocre at both. There are two types of Bladeweaver, ones that are mainly melee and ones that are proper spellswords. Melee Bladeweavers are okay DPS on high end PvM runs but spellsword Bladeweavers are only really useful for farming.

For melee focused Bladeweavers you would want a Figh12/WM25/Wiz3 or Wiz4/Figh8/WM28. These can reach around 75 AB but they don't have any real casting ability.
For spellswords there are builds like Wiz23/Figh10/WM7, Wiz24/Figh14/Rog2, Sorc21/Figh9/RDD10, and more. These only have around 65 AB but they have full casting abilities and are able to get an epic summon.

No matter what you choose, I would recommend aiming for 16 pre-epic BAB to get 4 APR (5 APR with haste) and getting Dev Crit. If you go for a spellsword I would also recommend getting either Dragon Knight or Mummy Dust. The other epic spells aren't really important for PvM.
Raybo69
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Raybo69 »

How powerful can the blade weaver blade get?
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Raybo69 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:35 pm How powerful can the blade weaver blade get?
Maybe Yunim or someone else can answer how powerful this blade is compared to other weapons in the game that are not class-specific. As example Frost wind katana, another weapon with perk.

If this blade is not as powerful as a looks, I would go with the fighter10/rogue(bard)2/WM28 or, maybe, even fighter24 / rogue3 / wm13 in case of dual wielding exotic weapons.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

Bladeweaver require you to be either wizard or sorcerer and fighter classes, so it kind of limit what can be build.
But as a weapon, you can craft it as you like, so with it special abilities and whatever is on the blade, can be pretty awesome.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank