The Curious Case of Drum The Chicken

Information about server events. Player or DM driven.
Omegon
Baron
Baron

The Curious Case of Drum The Chicken

Post by Omegon »

A day after the mournival at the big tree in Blackstone Keep. A flash of green light sparkles and a chicken materialises.

Citizens are astounded by the arrival of this mystical chicken that claims itself to be "Drum."

Needless to say. Drum the Chicken has been making quite a few impressions.

When questioned where its been. It would say:

"Ms Fairie."

// As a result of a RP event!
HerBlueness
Commoner
Commoner

Re: The Curious Case of Drum The Chicken

Post by HerBlueness »

Drum found herself at the foot of Blackstone's great tree, waiting for someone to happen by who might have a tale to tell.
Almost as quickly as Drum could get settled, a Nixie appeared to her.
Drum greeted the fey creature but the Nixie replied in a language Drum did not understand. Wanting to understand, Drum urged the creature to show her what it wanted. Alas, the Nixie flew up into the tree and out of Drums reach, disappearing after dropping a bit of fairy dust.
Upon investigating the dust, Drum was transported to a strange forested land. All around were many more Nixies and one larger, very pretty Fey who seemed to be in charge.

The larger Fey (Ms.Farie Drum would call her) giggled and welcomed Drum, though the Nixies were still unintelligible.
Ms.Farie explained this was because they had not had their mushrooms, which Drum felt was reasonable.
Ms.Fariy then jumped into a riddle
Ms.Farie: "Look in my face, I am somebody; Look in my back, I am nobody. What am I?!"
Drum was rewarded upon giving the correct answer, and also assured they would not take her arm, this time.

Ms. Farie followed this up with another question "Where are you?"
Drum: "Drum is Here"
Ms.Farie: "NooOoo..." waving her finger at Drum "Another chance!"
Drum, while shaking her head: "Ohhh, Drum is good with rhymes, not riddles."
Ms.Farie: "Okay Drum! You can be a....Chicken!" Turning Drum into a chicken.
Drum: "A Chicken?!"
Ms.Farie: "Uh huh. Your clucking mad!"
The Nixies chattered at Drum's expense.
Ms.Farie, while teasing Drum "You are....in the....Fay-WILDS!" exclaiming the last part with glee.

Ms. Farie then offered Drum one final challenge, to sing her a song having heard Drum has some talent.
Thinking through her recent adventures, Drum selects a silly tale of a Goblin she once saw.
Drum: "There once was a Goblin who sneaked and snuck,
He searched for pockets of gold and had luck.
He jingled and jangled until one woman he found
turned into a dragon and chased him around.
The Goblin did run, he snuckith away,
but the dragon woman would stand and would say,
'Defeated the sneak-thief, this I have done',
and no more pockets were jingled, not a single one."

Satisfied, Ms. Farie would allow Drum to chose, Stay forever in the Feywilds or return home, and though Drum would have liked to stay and get more stories from the Fey, Drum elected to return home.
It was with this Ms.Farie finally revealed herself: "Then I, Titania, Summer Queen of the Feywild, send you Drum the Chicken home!"

Returned, a chicken but otherwise no worse for wear, Drum perches beneath Blackstone's great tree, waiting for more stories and trying to figure out how to keep her notes, given all she can produce is literal chicken scratch.
drum.JPG
drum.JPG (246.24 KiB) Viewed 2912 times
Khat Le'Strae
Khit
Drum
~We are men of action. Lies do not become us.~