BSK Zombie Apocalypse Event (September 29th, 2019 @ 1PM EST)

Information about server events. Player or DM driven.
Sway
Count
Count

Re: BSK Zombie Apocalypse Event (September 29th, 2019 @ 12PM EST)

Post by Sway »

Maybe paladin won't work either.. you never know.
sergeil wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:41 am About rules
No Resurrection spells/scrolls (raise dead, resurrection)
Well, cleric is not healer in this event.
No Healing spells/scrolls. You can only use class abilities and potions sold in the shop to heal.
Well, cleric is useless in this event.
No Greater Sanctuary.
No dietys (You must be normal with no god)
Well, cleric is demoted to weak warrior...

PS: In this case paladins have serious advantages.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

One of the leaders of Legion of Terror
Banjo
Commoner
Commoner

Re: BSK Zombie Apocalypse Event (September 29th, 2019 @ 1PM EST)

Post by Banjo »

Thankyou Driller and Sway for hosting this event, I had a blast. After thinking i would not be able to make it, i got home in time, logged on and i made it woo!
itchyfunk
Baron
Baron

Post by itchyfunk »

Only recommended swap... Well 2 actually:
Reward should be party based; if any by-kill maybe a 10% bonus max. Leave the bulk of the bonus to an Xp bump. That way those that do AOE level slightly faster but don't dominate the store :)

With regards to the store.. I think stones are a bad call. maybe have the merchant sell mundane only and out a enchanter that's able to buff that mundaine for a fixed gold amount upto +6 (or the desired limit)

Overall great event concept.
Active Toons:
- Itchy Smurf
- Isioviel Aerendyl
- Eima Glaskanone
- Forgee et (Minot)
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Well, since there was a request for feedback

In fact, event had its advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages:
It was hunt in crowd and players of server likes this style.
Location was not very big and fight is very dynamic (typical for BSK). DM active participation is allowed to adapt environment to party condition. Datetime of muster and its duration were suitable even for european players with small children.

Features:
Event's restrictions are forced people to create new, not typical for server classes, what gave them chance to try new roles. This event was for existing players - nothing for new blood.

Disadvantages:
Event was started with one hour delay. It is issue for players who is forced to manage their time very accurate and we had a chance to lose them in middle of event. Location was prepared not very accurate and it is forced Driller to work much more in middle of muster.

Suggestions:
1. Start event in time.
2. Use location in beta condition (previously tested) and adapt event's scenario and restrictions to this location.
3. Minimize restrictions for event. In fact, BSK is server with enormous freedom. Any new rule requires a lot of communications and decrease attractiveness of an event.
4. Organize short (1-2 hours) events on regular base. In fact, well-known events (once per week or two weeks in the same day and time) are able to gather much more players. Also, there are much more chances to involve new people.
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Post by Sorcy Sid »

Putting aside the bugs that need to be worked out, it was great fun. It would be awesome to have that event anytime you can arrange it. Or make it so any DM can run it on a whim.

My suggestion is to give some sort of countdown to when the next round will start. This gives players a known time to work with on leveling up so they dont make any hasty decisions. Magic users also need to work in resting if you dont do the insta-rest on everyone. Stating there will be an inst-rest at the beginning of the round would also help.

Thank you, for putting in the time and effort for that event.
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback. Your feedback will definitely help scape the next event we throw like this. I appreciate each and every one of you for joining in and making this the biggest event yet. We had about 20 players show up, which is phenomenal. I love throwing these events because it bring everyone together to enjoy some great content and also show how great the BSK community is.

If you can, please leave me some suggestions of future events you would like to see thrown. I would love to hear some of the things you guys want to have happen.

Much appreciation to Driller and Eaze stepping in and making this thing happen. The next event is already thought of and going to be in motion soon, hopefully.

Thanks,

Sway
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Topic for discussion

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3821
JayBee
Commoner
Commoner

Post by JayBee »

I thought Sunday Evenings event worked quite well. Yes, there were a few buggy bits - but they were overcome fairly quickly and you have the scripts/code working for next time. Most importantly, it was fun - although I didn't have time to really look beyond all the running about hitting things :)

I wonder if it might be possible to make character progress smoother, perhaps even continuous? Perhaps party and oKiller XP on the death script of the monsters, to reward those who are most active, then make characters level up and shop while the enemy are still coming. You could toughen up the waves slowly by substituting a few monsters from the higher waves, and building up until you the wave build up to all higher monsters, then you start the build up to the third wave, fourth wave etc.

NOTE: This is an observation rather that complaint - we were getting XP for kills and group XP at the end of each wave, and sometimes I just seem to be levelling and levelling and levelling. For something that was supposed to take me to L20, the character finished up at L28, I think my wife said she hit 29.

You could do something similar with gold (party and oKiller) and make characters level up and shop while the enemy are still coming. That would make it a bit more challenging and though provoking - and stop the purchase mêlée that started at the end of each wave :)

It is a minor thing, but I would have preferred a posted instruction to come in with a vanilla L1 PC for the event - rather than turn up, wait around and then go make a character en bloc. If you are worried about people buying the illegal stuff or having too much money - a trigger area that we all need to pass through (a bit like the footbath at a swimming pool) could be used to strip the characters of all possessions and gold, and then just give them the right amount of cash back. Saves the Hosts / DMs from a bit of hassle at the start.
Garrett
Count
Count

Post by Garrett »

Can we have another one?
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

Garrett wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:49 am Can we have another one?
I just logged in today for the first time in a while. I just talked with Mask about an idea, i'll keep you guys posted.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai