BSK Scavenger Hunt Event (June 30, 2019 @ 12PM EST)

Information about server events. Player or DM driven.
Sway
Count
Count

BSK Scavenger Hunt Event (June 30, 2019 @ 12PM EST)

Post by Sway »

What's up guys and gals,

Get ready for another big event happening in Blackstone Keep!

Hope you're good with instructions and clues,
there's a lot of treasure to be found! You must put on your thinking
cap for this fun event!

WHEN AND WHERE

-June 30, 2019 @ 12PM EST (from 12PM EST til the 6PM reset)
-Blackstone: State Building Lobby

RULES

Players will be given a scroll by the CLUE MASTER, with clues to the location of different kind of plot items around BSK.
Turn in a set of items (3 similar items) on the list to receive random d4 prize.

The clues will get harder and harder as you make it down the list of items to be found,
So put on your thinking caps, because these prizes wont come easy!

This is a NO PVP event. Meaning at no point is PvP allowed or required!

You can work on this list with friends, or by yourself. But DON'T SPOIL IT for everyone! :lol:
Stay within your group to decode these interesting yet fun clues.

If you can't follow these basic rules, you won't be allowed to participate in future events. (Which there will be plenty of)

REWARD BREAKDOWN

The following explains how the reward system will be broken down.

Once you find a set of 3 similar items, you can turn them in to the Clue Master to receive a random d4 prize.

These prizes consist of:
1. Forge stone(s)
2. Socket Gem(s)
3. Purple Item(s)
4. Orange Item(s)

There is a special kind of prize given to the people that can solve and decode the ULTIMATE CLUE.

A LOW TIER FORGE STONE WILL BE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST FOR ANYONE, JUST FOR PARTICIPATING.

If you have any questions at all, please let me know in a message, discord or ingame.

Driller will be helping me set this up, so when you get a chance thank him for his efforts!

I hope to see you all there, this will be a lot of fun!

Sway
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

One of the leaders of Legion of Terror
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Re: BSK Scavenger Hunt Event (June 30, 2019 @ 12PM EST)

Post by sergeil »

Is EST timezone means UTC-5?
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

sergeil wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:07 pm Is EST timezone means UTC-5?
EST means Eastern Standard Time. It's going to be the same time as the other events you've attended and will last until the server reset at 6PM EST
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

Ember Dragonis
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Ember Dragonis »

It was a really nice event! Thanks again to Sway and Driller! The CLUES were very creative! It was refreshing to take a break from the grind and actually socialize a bit with the server community.

Looking forward for more events. There were two suggestions from Sway for the next Saturday: Capture a flag or Zombie Survival. I support either of them. They both sound fun.
Furious_ddd
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Furious_ddd »

HEY HEY HEY

It was a pretry fun event. As I said in game, It was very inclusive. You did not need an end game character to participate which was fantastic.

The clues were fun and it was a mad dash on each one.

Hope i can be involved in another one soon.

Super fun and everyone was great.
Hafur Merhein - dwarven cleric
Zen-Ben
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Zen-Ben »

To begin with, I really like the way you open the events to new players.
Yet i wonder, if you dont use the game engine for players to contest, do you want to use it at all?
For as far as I observed it adds a random factor to the contest you didnt mean to evaluate: Hardware performance.
If you make an easy riddle, whose answer is 4 transitions away, either the fastest character or the player with the shortest transition time will win.
I dont want to be a bad loser, but while the first 4easy riddles were won by the same person it fueled my imaginations.
I came back to nwn cause they brought it back as an app for Tablet. But it didnt take me long to realize I cant compete with PC players in PvP, simply controlwhise. It would bother me to fail again at the crossplatformissue for my transitions just take longer.
Well, thats a very personal kind of view and I See on the other Hand the race adds some pepper to a rather theoretical Event .
Dont get me wrong, you really took my last comment into account, when i told you that its kinda demotivating to run in the wrong direction for 20 minutes. Therefor you made the riddles easier and I believe it was wise and raised the motivation! But now you got the problem that if everyone knows the answer, those with slow character and Pc dont even have to try to win the race.
May be others got an idea for balance.
Keep up the good Work!
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

I appreciate it my man. Every other if not every Sunday we'll try to have something going on for the community. It's really nice to see everyone come together and have some fun. I'll let you guys know when we're about to drop the next event.
Ember Dragonis wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:24 pm It was a really nice event! Thanks again to Sway and Driller! The CLUES were very creative! It was refreshing to take a break from the grind and actually socialize a bit with the server community.

Looking forward for more events. There were two suggestions from Sway for the next Saturday: Capture a flag or Zombie Survival. I support either of them. They both sound fun.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

I appreciate the feedback my guy. Only some events will cause for a higher level.. mainly PvP events. All the others I will try to make it so that any and everyone can be involved.
Furious_ddd wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:37 pm HEY HEY HEY

It was a pretry fun event. As I said in game, It was very inclusive. You did not need an end game character to participate which was fantastic.

The clues were fun and it was a mad dash on each one.

Hope i can be involved in another one soon.

Super fun and everyone was great.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

I understand where you're coming from, however, there's really no way for me to make it easier as far as speed for mobile/tablet users. I wanted to make it a bit easier than the last event, as i know the clues were vague. I will try to come up with events in the future that doesn't call for speed. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. However, some events will still call for players to think/move faster than others.
Zen-Ben wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:17 pm To begin with, I really like the way you open the events to new players.
Yet i wonder, if you dont use the game engine for players to contest, do you want to use it at all?
For as far as I observed it adds a random factor to the contest you didnt mean to evaluate: Hardware performance.
If you make an easy riddle, whose answer is 4 transitions away, either the fastest character or the player with the shortest transition time will win.
I dont want to be a bad loser, but while the first 4easy riddles were won by the same person it fueled my imaginations.
I came back to nwn cause they brought it back as an app for Tablet. But it didnt take me long to realize I cant compete with PC players in PvP, simply controlwhise. It would bother me to fail again at the crossplatformissue for my transitions just take longer.
Well, thats a very personal kind of view and I See on the other Hand the race adds some pepper to a rather theoretical Event .
Dont get me wrong, you really took my last comment into account, when i told you that its kinda demotivating to run in the wrong direction for 20 minutes. Therefor you made the riddles easier and I believe it was wise and raised the motivation! But now you got the problem that if everyone knows the answer, those with slow character and Pc dont even have to try to win the race.
May be others got an idea for balance.
Keep up the good Work!
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai