Respect, Patience and Friendship

Open Discussion - Please use appropriate decorum
Lilia
Baron
Baron

Respect, Patience and Friendship

Post by Lilia »

Having returned after a long break away from BSK I am really enjoying the the massive amounts of new quests, new areas and new items. BSK is as addictive as it always was. Driller you are doing an amazing job maintaining and revamping things.

I always greet new players when it is obvious they are new and it doesn't take much to convince new players this is the best server around, but there are some who are letting the new players down. Everyone needs to show respect and patience to all players on the server whether new or old timers like myself.

What I do find disappointing is players who constantly have no respect for others. Kill stealing is a big thing at the moment... Different builds may take a while longer to kill a boss than your strength built tank, so to have someone come along and steal the kill when its near death is just plain annoying and rude.

This is one of the reasons for some players leave the server to play elsewhere and gives it gives BSK a bad name.

This often happens over and over on the high end quests. Some bosses only spawn once per reset, so you have to plan your plundering of these areas around the reset, but often when reset happens, the same players are sitting at the entrance. Come on people... yes the spoils are nice, but you are not the only one who plays here and wants them....and when you do this over and over, in a way you are griefing other players just by your selfish actions.

Some bosses drop specific items, and these are well sought after, but don't hog the area. Simple.... Respect.

It not about who has the best build with the best gear – this is a role play server that allows Party PVP in some areas, full PVP in others and there is the arena. But if people are constantly leaving due to your disrespect, then you will wind up having no one to PVP against.

Lets show respect for others... if you find someone leveling in an area – ask to join the party and level together. If your out there just grinding for items and stones and someone is in the area to complete a quest, let them finish and move on... don't be selfish and inhibit their progress. You can always find somewhere else if you want to grind alone, but in my humble opinion, the more people in the party the more chance of good loot drops, plus you get to know some of the other players.

Respect, Patience, Friendship... makes it a great game for everyone.

Lilia
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Re: Respect, Patience and Friendship

Post by Cornflower »

*bows respectfully to the wisdom of Lilia*
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)