Tough boss

Open Discussion - Please use appropriate decorum
littonsteve1
Knight
Knight

Tough boss

Post by littonsteve1 »

We have a party of 5 all trying to defeat Shalanoth. He beats us down like little school kids. Killing him seems to be nearly impossible. Anything you can do to help?
TropicOfCancer
Baron
Baron

Re: Tough boss

Post by TropicOfCancer »

Shalnath on BSK1 or BSK2 ?
littonsteve1
Knight
Knight

Post by littonsteve1 »

Bsk 2 . We have managed to kill him once. (trying not to add any spoilers here) but then he turned and laid us all out in one round. The rest of the times we have been unable to kill him at all. If 5 players all epic lvls cannot kil him that is just overbuffed.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

Hmm, not sure that overbuffed is the right term here. Maybe you are missing some vital info about the monster. Like his weakness maybe. For example, BSK1 Shalnath was pretty hard until you knew what to do exactly. I remember having about 10 of us and getting trash a few times but then...i was able to solo him at least twice with my mage and yes, he had immunity to all spells from lev8 and bellow...
Change tactic and change the toons you are facing him with, maybe that will help.

Good luck

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
TropicOfCancer
Baron
Baron

Post by TropicOfCancer »

Mask-inc wrote: but then...i was able to solo him at least twice with my mage and yes, he had immunity to all spells from lev8 and bellow...

Good luck

Mask

Not to get off topic but I'll Give you 3 amber forge stones or the pick of anything I own to see you defeat Shalnath solo with a mage on BSK1 .
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

It cannot be done anymore. One of BSK update "fixed" Shalnath.
I'm honest, i really did solo him at least twice that i can clearly remember and i did it a few time with just a healer(Jake_Master5000) to back me up, but my mage was the only one actually doing something to Shalnath, i swear! :shock:
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
littonsteve1
Knight
Knight

Post by littonsteve1 »

I killed Shalnath once. He died and never respawned. The journal never updated saying he was defeated. I killed him the way he is supposed to die, so why did it just stop?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

My fault, when I was testing, I forgot to set it back to the default spawn. I will fix it.

-driller
littonsteve1 wrote:I killed Shalnath once. He died and never respawned. The journal never updated saying he was defeated. I killed him the way he is supposed to die, so why did it just stop?