New RPG

Open Discussion - Please use appropriate decorum
TropicOfCancer
Baron
Baron

New RPG

Post by TropicOfCancer »

I don't normally endorse games on the forums but if you guys haven't yet you should check out 'The Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning' . What got me interested in it is that two of the developers are Todd MacFarlane (Spawn , Image Comics) And writer RA Salvatore'(Drizzt and Forgotten Realms) . Well worth the money and the game seems to handle like NWN but the combat and casting is the best I've seen . Make sure you turn the camera sensitivity all the way down,,seriously . I played the demo on Steam for free so check it out . Rumor has it that the next version will be a MMO
ashesofwar
Commoner
Commoner

Re: New RPG

Post by ashesofwar »

I just tried the demo a few days ago. It was good, and I was considering getting it but there is one thing I can't get past. The camera. For a game with such a beautiful world the camera doesn't seem to present it very well. I feel like the FOV is extremely low and unfortunately the console version (demo at least) doesn't have any options for FOV or camera distance.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

Be a real gamer and buy the pc version :lol:
Pc version got all those nice mods and you can manually change your field of view to 120 or close to that mark + the graphics are WAY better on a pc, old consoles technology cannot even come close.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
TropicOfCancer
Baron
Baron

Post by TropicOfCancer »

Like I said ashes you gotta turn the camera sensitivity ALL the way down . Also remember the game has been out just a couple of weeks and from what I've heard is the developers are begging for feedback on a level that far exceeds some Bioware lackey that just wants to sell you something and never fix issues . One of the best gameworlds I've seen but everytime I go to log off the storyline sucks me back in , the demo doesn't do it justice .
ashesofwar
Commoner
Commoner

Post by ashesofwar »

Hmm...you do have several good points. I might as well get it for PC, hence it has more to offer. I only really consider console games because a lot of people I know play Xbox, and I enjoy talking to people while I play.

Mask-inc wrote:Be a real gamer and buy the pc version :lol:
Pc version got all those nice mods and you can manually change your field of view to 120 or close to that mark + the graphics are WAY better on a pc, old consoles technology cannot even come close.

Mask
Thanatos
Duke
Duke

Post by Thanatos »

I actually picked this game up earlier in the year for PS3 and really enjoyed it. Could've used a little bit more difficulty (particularly in the end), but I would definitely recommend picking this up. Interesting leveling system, fluid combat mechanics, and a gorgeous world to trapse around in for many hours, should you so desire.

Biggest downside has to be the difficulty in the later stages though. But that's one of those things that's always tough to balance out...some folks prefer to pick locks and poison innocents (like maybe Hordack). Others like to make profit by swindling people and charming the ladies (Nizzle). And so the game might prove a little more challenging should you go down a similar road. But if I had to guess, TOC's character was probably built similar to mine, in that if you lumped all the bosses together in one arena, the body count would rack up quicker than my bar tabs.

Nonetheless, this is probably the best thing I've seen since Demon's Souls. Great game.
Fact: Ninjas are mammals
Fact: Ninjas fight ALL the time