The arrival

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

G_n_S_Penzance
Knight
Knight

The arrival

Post by G_n_S_Penzance »

Pemmyton stepped out of the portal, dusting off his brightly coloured robes. The robes were not dusty at all. Heaven's forbid the old gnome had dust on those robes. Pemmyton was just never one for multidimensional travels.
The cobwebs in his laboratory was to be expected, he was after all the only one with a key for it.
Perhaps he'd find Fawn, or Nadia to chat with and they'd update him on the happenings in his months of traveling the planes. Ahh the life of a vacationing wizard!
A step into the courtyards was.. Shocking to say the least. What was once a busy place, of storyteller's and crafters, was now dusty cobblestones, overgrown with weeds and loose mortared stone. Had he been gone so very long? Very.. Veri!
Pemmyton reached his mind out and touched the mind of the tiny fae creature. The Sprite responded, and would be on her way.
Pemmytton walked down the pathway towards the entrance of the manor house, to see where a sign had been forcefully removed, and a new sign placed up saying "Free Peoples". This sign, was carved in such a manner to appear done rather quickly onto a wooden plank.
His key turned the doors, the tumblers clacking and clanking in a rustily fashion. Odd...
This door had not been open in a very long time.
A thought came to Pemmy's mind "Veri Veri long time, master."
Pemmyton smiled as he turned around to see the small fae-girl standing before him, her green wings drooped, in reflection of her face.
Pemmyton's frowned, "What has happened here? Where is everyone?"
Veri began to sign with her hands, rapidly. Though, she could have easily reached out with her mind to Pemmyton and told him directly, she had become accustomed to speaking with her hands in the manner. What more could a mute fae do?
The tiny fae-girl explained as best she could, of the old Starkson's return, and that the Isle Pemmyton moved from another dimension into this realm, had began weakening its hold.
Pemmyton nodded. It was obvious to him the enchantments he and Nadia had woven were breaking down.
Pemmyton muttered as if talking to the enchantments he'd set himself, "Spent too much on trying to keep the Isle here didn't you? Now your beginning to revert to the old Isle. Sad sad... You know I cannot simply give you more, I have given you access to the multiversal call, however you know the rules as well as I do, two of the same cannot occupy the same plane of existence!"
Pemmyton laid an old withered hand against the Manor-house that he'd designed. "What? You want to stay in this realm eh? I don't blame you, it is an enjoyable place, I must say! I you stay like this, my friend... Well we both know what will happen, aye we do.."
Turning to Veri, Pemmyton said, "Well my fine little lassie, we have some things to accomplish you and I. If we are to save this old Isle. Whats say, you head to the summoning room, you know the ritual right? We only need one or two of them.. I'll go awaken the secret project as well."

The two of them went their separate ways, each with a task to preform.
Pemmyton would employ magics, both light and dark to save the old Isle. The Isle would never be the same again, but it would exist in conjunction and harmony once more within the multiverse.
--Pemmyton the Arcitect.
--Veri ( Pemmyton's pixie familiar )
G_n_S_Penzance
Knight
Knight

Re: The arrival

Post by G_n_S_Penzance »

The Isle was changing.
Pieces of reality, ones that could not possibly be missed in their own dimension, began to form. They began to flow together and become a new entity.
Pemmyton was pleased.
He'd done this before, but never to this extent, always at the order of other folks, forcing the lands and dimensions into a structure he'd been asked to create.
This was different, this time, he knew what had been here before the entity of the isle, wanted to live.
He let the Isle choose this time.
"Keep what you wan old friend, keep anything, you desire, and let me know what else you need."
Pemmyton once again, touched the side of the castle, and nodded. "Of course there will be people here. I understand you do not wish to be alone."

The tinkling sound of wind chimes, and magic came from behind, Veri had arrived, she waved to Pemmyton, and bowed towards the structure,that seemed to grow slightly. Behind her, was several other pixies. Old pine trees winked out of this existence, returning back to the world they belonged to, and in there place, apple trees, and various other fruit trees sprang forth.
Pemmyton nodded to Veri, "The Others, they have arrived too?"
Veri's tiny hands moved rapidly as she signed, telling Pemmyton that they had, and by ship, in the lower parts of the Isle.
Pemmyton replied, "Lower Parts eh? After I check the multiversal ballast, and the scopes, I will have to make my way down there and have a look see.
Is the orchard finished blooming? Or had the Isle decided yet?"
Veri shrugged and smiled.
"And the.. other ones? Did you summon them as well, to handle the .. less pleasant tasks?" Pemmyton said with a slight frown.
Veri held her nose, and then nodded making a face at Pemmyton.
Pemmyton laughed, "Now now, my friend, you know as well as I , light casts shadows, and every form needs both."
Veri nodded, still grimacing.
"Well, I will head to the Tea-room soon, my cousin Renni should have set up shop by now. Not much for intelligent conversation, but a find chef none the less. Well back to work, as always. Perhaps good old Bork will have left Renni alone and not be concerning him too much about the amounts of mushrooms, and Pop-taters in the stew."
--Pemmyton the Arcitect.
--Veri ( Pemmyton's pixie familiar )