March of the Golems

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Daris
Knight
Knight

Re: March of the Golems

Post by Daris »

Marcus steps off the ship that has brought him home from the North. A golem hands him an envelope and he rushes to Starkson Isle .
He arrives just in time to hear Ova explaining why they have been gathered together. He stands beside Arial and Pheadra and holds his envelope tightly in his fist. "I'm with you Dear, we won't let this place die without doing something."
Marcus.. General Of the Starkson Protectorate
Fyren
Knight
Knight

Post by Fyren »

Kynan sits quietly, almost unnoticed, making notes and sipping from a flask of what appears to be chilled Starkson Wine.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

BlackRose looks at the envelope then crosses her arms as she watches the others and their reactions. She listens to the woman speak and then as the demon interupts she smiles but it soon fades as the gravity of the report becomes known. She nods quietly having been to the island in the past and finding out the fate of those she had spoken to a few times.
The world is a strange place.
Pharo_IK
Count
Count

Post by Pharo_IK »

Ova patiently waits until all seem to have made up their minds one way or the other. When it seems clear that there are no questions for Lil'Tail, she begins to read again.

"The next step in this is up to each of you. One of the officers of the Court will explain what will be asked of you and how you can each have a part in the direction of the future. I regret that I will not be able to be part of what tomorrow will hold. I leave it to others to provide the explainations of what lead to the delivery of this letter. Accomidations are possible for whatever the outcome of your deliberations may be.

May Lia and the Great Oak bless each of you.

Wine"

Ova folds up the letter and produces a copy for each present.

"Does anyone have questions before we proceed?"
Lady Winesa Kenders(RIP): Divine Daughter of Lia, Treaty Holder of the Starkson Protectorate (All realms), Guardian of the Wildlands, Keeper of the Night´s Breath, Speaker of the Great Oak, Champion of Balance.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

"Is there still time for a late arrival?"

The voice came from the back of the temple. A feminine figure garbed in an robe of black and violet velvets stood in the now opened doorway of the temple. In her hand, she loosely clutched a finely crafted dragon-claw staff-- the black orb clutched by the preserved talon glowing with a mystic aura. She thought it symbolic to bring Lomeldur Kallow's staff with her to this meeting, and now there was even a bittersweet irony to this innocent act of nostalgia. With a slender hand, she reached up and pulled back her hood as she entered the temple, revealing the still youthful redhead beneath. Natasha had returned.

Before Ova could respond, the once Witch of Bordermarch had to speak her mind. While not truly confident she was even welcomed, she still felt the heaviness of loss and regret weighing down on her.

"Some tragedies are spawned by past mistakes and mistrust. Others by circumstance and misfortune. I do not know of all the circumstances in Kil'dar, nor, I should think, could a sorrowful heart endure such knowledge. What I do know is that these walls are made from more than magic and stone. The foundation of this place is more than brick and mana.

Of all the things in the Multiverse, one thing holds this place together: family. The ties that bond are the ties that last. Even through the darkest of times, and even with the worst of goodbyes, this place will bring together that family. Like the first monarch of the Starkson, Winesa sacrificed herself to protect not the castle or its associated ideals, but its denizens. Let us strive to keep her death from being in vain. Let us work together for a better tomorrow. Let us be that family once more."

The wizardress looked at each in the temple as she spoke. Most of these people she had never seen before. There were a few that she was familiar with, and even less that she had considered family at one point. Hopefully it was not too late to make such again.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

Throughout this entire meeting, the priestess of Lem stayed in the back, speechless and listening to this sorrowful news. She had been holding the note and reading it again and again as Ova spoke followed by the news shared by the netherkin of many names.

When Natasha had stood forth to share her words, the raven haired woman looked up and a slight smile could be seen despite her mournful eyes.

When the archmage had finished, the white robed cleric stood and added her own words.

"Some of you may not know me and so allow me to introduce myself. As Ova may have pointed out, My name is Platina. I have had the honor of serving Winesa and Ortelassa for a time some years ago. Since then I have had the opportunity to walk a number of roads and during this period, I have not been in contact.

I regret that I have not returned sooner. But Natasha is right. I cannot abandon the Protectorate in it's time of need. I shall do my utmost to assist any friends of Starkson during these times of adversity and shall pray that a new Sovereign shall be chosen to represent the interests of it's people with wisdom, justice, honor, courage and compassion. Thank you all for your attention."

And with that, the priestess curtsies serenely and steps back to make room for the next speaker.
The only constant is change.
Pharo_IK
Count
Count

Post by Pharo_IK »

Ova looked between those gathered. Not everyone had spoken up, but it seemed like they did not have more to say so it was time to move on.

"Unless anyone has any questions, we should conclude this.

I ask that each of you write two names, chosen from those gathered here, on the back of your notice. If you wish when this is done, the notice will be returned to you. The first name should be for the person you think would best serve the people of Starkson and the needs of this region we live in as the Soveriegn. The second name should be the person you think would best serve the ideals noted in the Starkson Charter."

//Send me a PM with your choices. I will post the results as quotes of the PM's (unless someone states a preferance for aninimity) so that the votes are not influenced by others prior posts.

// Some OOC comments to cover some questions asked:
The roles of the Starkson leadership as it currently stands is rather simple. Those who serve in the Starkson Council would equate to a Legislative body made up of the leaders of the different parts of the Protectorate (warriors/mages/healers/scouts/etc...). The Sovereigns are effectivily the Executive leaders of the Protectorate. The Treaty Holders would equate to being the Constitutional Judiciary. This is the simplified break down.

The Treaty Holders basically have Veto authority, but are not meant to be directly involved with leadership unless called on or unless the situation requires them to step in due to IC breaches of the Charter or general OOC undependability. Treaty Holders have the same authority throughout all servers that Starkson has holdings. In the cases of multiple Treaty Holders, majority vote rules.

Sovereigns rule the local holdings on the server they are appointed for. Sovereigns who travel to realms (other servers) outside their own are welcomed and given proper respect for their position, but only have authority as granted by the local Sovereign.

The new Treaty Holders and Soveriegns will not be locked into the entirety of the current Charter. With the change of environment on BSK, it is expected that the new leadership will want to revise some of it.

IC-wise, Ova will remain to help or provide consultation on historical events or agreements active agreements. She is effectivily an aid to the Council who oversees the library and general supplies.

OOC-wise, I will be retaining the creative/literary rights since the Starkson will be featured in some writings when/if published.
Lady Winesa Kenders(RIP): Divine Daughter of Lia, Treaty Holder of the Starkson Protectorate (All realms), Guardian of the Wildlands, Keeper of the Night´s Breath, Speaker of the Great Oak, Champion of Balance.
Pharo_IK
Count
Count

Post by Pharo_IK »

Arial and Marcus both take a moment to consider their choices. Arial is the quicker of the two, but not by much. Ova glances at both of the submissions before returning her attention to the others.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

BlackRose looks at the paper then at each person present, she pauses while thinking over their words or the lack. After a while she takes a small leaded stick from one of her pockets and using one of the columns she quickly jots down two lines then folds the paper and walks over to Ova and hands it to her. Then with a nod she walks back to her place awaiting others to step forward.
The world is a strange place.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

Natasha's fingers strummed along the staff's shaft as she contemplated the decision. Technically, she was contemplating numerous things, however this decision was the most prominent and relevant for the situation. Though, to her, the decision was clear. With a subtle movement of her finger, she traced the letters of her chosen candidates' names in the air-- which were magically scribed to the parchment in her possession. The piece of paper was then handed to Ova, and Natasha moved to a place nearest the priestess of Lem.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Pharo_IK
Count
Count

Post by Pharo_IK »

Ova takes the sheets from Blackrose and Natasha. A moment is spent reading the comments left by the privateer, while the entry from Natasha was simple and to the point.

Ova looks expectantly to Pheada and the the others present.
Daris
Knight
Knight

Post by Daris »

*Looks to Ariel and speaks loudly* we will do what we can but if any evil we're to take control of this place i will destroy them and all that side with them.....
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

ponders a moment, walks forward and hands the note to the woman
Pharo_IK
Count
Count

Post by Pharo_IK »

// Posted on behalf of Manx who doesn't maintain a forum account here:
Manx wrote: A lone elven woman stops in her pursuit of one she has hunted for nigh on a decade. She tests the air and speaks to herself. "Something is dreadfully wrong, aye. There is a....gap..where something, nay, someone should be. I feel naught when I should feel a...presence." She frowns to herself. "Finding Moire and protecting my daughter rank high in my priorities, yet something else demands my attention, aye. I shall return to Blackstone and see what is amiss. However, I feel that this is a situation that will require more attention than a simple report." She waves a wand seldom used by her hand, and a golem appears. "Tell those that need to know that I return, and that I make haste for the Keep and I shall attend and assist, as per my oath, where I can. I shall nay step away from Duty. Give my regards."

With another wave of the seldom used wand, the golem vanishes. Manx turns her path to home. A feeling of dread and loss accompany her on her journey. An unfamilliar feeling fills her, and with quiet contemplation, she realises what this feeling is....fear.

Manx.
//If nobody objects, I would like to inject having Manx arrive just after Lil'Tail gave her report and left. This way her arrival would not mandate greetings that might have altered the events already having taken place. By the time of her arrival, she would have already been presented with a letter of her own. .. back to RP..

Ova noticed Manx enter, pay brief manners toward the statue of Lia and move to lean quietly against the wall. Not sure if Manx wished to be addressed, Ova decided to continue on and leave it up to her to speak up. It took a moment to look over the pages given to her before reading off the findings.

"These are the results you have given me...
For Sovereign, the sumissions are:
Marcus
Ariel
Natasha
Arial
Platina

For Treaty Holder, the subissions are:
Pheadra
Pheadra
Platina
Platina
Natasha

It seems we have this only partially resolved."

Ova glances at each person in the temple,
"We have no absolute majority for either office. Arial holds the most votes from her peers for the Sovereigncy. Pheadra and Platina each have the same number of two votes from their peers to be elected to Treaty Holder. Platina has recieved the most individual notations.

Shall we vote again.. to confirm Arial as Sovereign and select solely between Pheadra and Platina as Treaty Holder.... Or shall we allow the majory in votes to hold sway with Arial and Platina as the numbers currently stand?"
Daris
Knight
Knight

Post by Daris »

I say Let them stand ....... with the votes as they are it would .....in my opinion make platina the winner of the lesser role in starkson...i say let it stand how it is Ariel is the Sovereign and Platina the Tready Holder.....seems fair to me