It's in the view

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Jazelle
Duke
Duke

It's in the view

Post by Jazelle »

The world reflects off a drop. all is there to view if one looks close enough before it falls. Distorted yes but there non the less... for that brief moment time stand still... then falls to the ground. Now what does that drop do? One could ask. If it falls upon the ground the world drinks it up, feeding some plant that grows and as time goes by could provide it's fruit one day to a passing stranger. Or if it falls upon stones it breaks into a million peices like glass only to have the sun come out and it evaporates like it was never there. Or does it fall into the crowd? Water touching water and flowing from brook to stream, mighty river and finally into the sea to be come lost. Importain and yet it's indviuality lost for all times.

And yet do we consiter the source of that drop? Did it start as little droplets that gathers and formed rain to wash away what? Blood, mud or just make things bright and clean for another day? Rain that gives hope to the farmer and a blessing to the land or that washes away life's dreams and hopes all gone in a flash of a moment.

Did it start perhaps maybe... from a tear? A woman crying in the night over the lost of her child to illness or her man to war? Or the tears of joy at seeing one arrive on a ship so long gone and far away. A friend thought lost but now returns. Or perhaps a misunderstandings that brough one to strike from the darkness of an alley and watch the world in the last drop of blood that flows to the harsh stone road.

One rarely thinks of both ends when the world is reflected but the begining often tells of the end and the moment is the answer to the question not yet asked.

How does the story begin?
Last edited by Jazelle on Tue May 27, 2008 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The world is a strange place.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Re: It's in the view

Post by Jazelle »

// Again anyone can jump in any time. But do follow the storyline. Read the intro to get the idea for the theme of the story you add to this thread. It can go beyond Tallow he's only the start.
Last edited by Jazelle on Tue May 27, 2008 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The world is a strange place.
Tallow Silverweaver
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Tallow Silverweaver »

Tallow Silverweaver leaned against the apple tree and looked over the farmland. He sighed and reached up to pick an apple from the tree. He looked upon it and used his sleeve to polish the dull coat of dust that covered it. When it's surface was shinny enough that he could see his reflection he bit into it. The juice of the apple filled his mouth with it's sweet taste. The night had gone well at the party, he had a few coins in his pocket and for once a farmer had not tried to irrigate his tail with a pitch fork for picking a soft pillow to lay his head up. Ok so this farmer did not have a daughter, ah well there is always time for love in his life.

The bard finished his apple and tossed the core as he picked up his lute case and slung it over his shoulder. While he looked like a young man the moon elf was really very old. His life had been on the road and he enjoyed it. Singing here and there telling tells and enjoying the... ah hospitality offered. It was time to be off again perhaps he should strike out north this time it had been a while since he visited the Keep. Ah yes that was what he would do the money was good and well life was interesting at times there. He started off down the road towards the docks.

Upon arriving at the docks he paid for passage on a fine clipper that would be setting out that evening on the tide. He went to his cabin and hopping on the top bunk he took out his lute and started playing softly. Once in a while a sailor or two would stop in the hallway to listen as would a few passagers. One entered the cabin....

//Anyone care to be that person who entered?
Tallow Silverweaver
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Tallow Silverweaver »

The bard looked at the new comer and nodded as he played and sang. The heavy robed person stood there quietly as Tallow finished his song. "Well done sir." The man said as he tossed his pack in a corner of the cabin then uncovered his head. The moon elf nodded as he put down his lute and swong his legs over the edge of the bunk.

"Welcome stranger, I take by your clothing you could be a cleric I tend to doubt a mage since you do not have a staff and most mages never part with such a tool. Now I could be wrong on all points but since you smile I take it I'm correct." Tallow said off handedly as he jumped down from the bunk and stood next to the man.

"Yes on all accounts I'm a newly appointed cleric of Eon fresh from the seminary." The man said putting out his hand for Tallow to shake. The man had very blonde hair almost white, he was young and yet had a age about him that told the elf that he was in his mid twenties. Rather old for a human to be just starting out as a cleric but the elf said nothing to this but only smiled and shook the man's hand.

"Well I would guess you have passage and will be bunking with me? The captain said it will take nigh on three months to make port. We will be stopping a few times at other ports of call. Will you be staying all the way to Blackstone or getting off at one of the other callings?" Tallow asked as he let go of the man's hand and walked across the cabin to the built-in table there he grabbed a mug off the shelf and uncorked a bottle of Starkson wine. Apparently Zim was well stocked and Tallow nodded in approval.

The man had sky blue eyes, his skin was tan as if he spent a great time outside, he was of a build that would fit better a sailor than a man of the cloth. He nodded to the Tallow. "Care to share?" he asked.

The elf laughted and took down another mug after handing him the one he had just filled. He poured another glass then took a sip and sighed then corked the bottle but rather than put it back ont he shelf he took it with him over to his bunk and with the skill and grace only a elf could manage he jumped back on to the bunk not spilling a drop. The man watched the bard as he took a drink from the mug. He cocked a eyebrow and the elf raised his mug.

"I am Tallow Silverweaver, bard of old, teller of tales and singer to hearts that wish to dance in the light weither it be moon or sun. As long as all with to enjoy themselves I am there to bring the deed to hand... or lip as the case maybe." He took a sip. "And you my good sir are?"

// Again anyone with to be the human cleric? I think I have given enough of a start.... The invitation is open....