A letter...

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Andrun
Baron
Baron

A letter...

Post by Andrun »

*A letter arrives on the steps of the Hunter's Guild Hall in Bel Tyne. The envelope is parchment, yellowed slightly by age, with a platinum-leaf trim. In the same style of lettering, it reads... "Addressed to Lady Arial" in the common tongue.*

*The contents of the envelope are written in the tongue of the heavens (celestial), the letters flowing and elegant.*

M'Lady Arial,

I write you today for I believe that there was a misinterpretation of our conversation beneath the Great Oak regarding acts of faith. Your request to receive the Blessings of the Guiding Light were both heard and felt quite keenly, and it is this old dottard's most earnest hope that you rejoin the faith. However, as of late, my eyes have begun to see the corruption that the faith has taken on in those who would espouse it or follow its mandates, especially from the very individuals that surround you.

I still earnestly believe that there is a List of Names, or at the very least a desire to rid Blackstone of those who have been deemed 'undesirable.'
There is a murderer, a killer-for-hire in her employ. This is the domain of Kazra, not Vor. It is a minor surprise indeed when the Tanar'ri mentioned that she believed "Vor to be as vile as Kazra these days."
Murder has been committed twice against one of the Faith for simply speaking his mind. He was struck down by the blades of your compatriots, only to be struck down again after His Good Graces brought him back.
Rumor and corruption run rampant in Blackstone. I have spoken my piece in this regard, but I assure you it will not be long before those who have been protected wish to no longer to be under the thumb of their oppressors.

Through these admissions, many I received from the mouth of the source of my many frustrations, I must question all. Hence why I asked you if you knew what it truly meant to follow the Guiding Light. So far in my wanderings, most get it half-right. They either feel that they must be a loosed blade of righteousness set on forcibly righting the wrongs of the world irregardless of what those wrongs may be, or they are a pacifist, unwilling to take up arms when the time comes to protect what they cherish. I admit to my short-comings through my pacifism, yet I have come to realize that what you cannot resolve using words, you should protect using your own two hands.

You see how following the Guiding Light might run counter to much of what your compatriots would have you believe. Now, I am not saying that you should step down or leave the Guild you have sworn yourself to, far from it actually. All I ask is that you not only understand His teachings (and I would be more than happy to instruct you further on this), but to think long and hard before you resolve yourself to an action.

Charity
- Be kind and generous to one's neighbor. Do not squander the gifts He brings unto you.
Diligence
- One must not falter on the path of righteousness for it is a very long way to fall.
Humility
- Be selfless and do not glorify oneself.
Kindness
- Be forgiving to those that stumble or who have lost their way. Show mercy to one's enemies to show them what it means to walk in the Light.
Patience
- Be the rock that weathers the storm known as prejudice and intolerance.
Temperance
- One must possess self-restraint and not indulge themselves in vices.

If you might be able to follow those ideals, then I will aid you in your endeavors, no matter what they might be.

Signed,
Andrun