A concerned citizen.

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Fyren
Knight
Knight

A concerned citizen.

Post by Fyren »

Normally I would not put quill to parchment, however an incident occurred today that concerned me greatly.
While I am a recent arrival to this wondrous Keeped town, I have quickly found it a place to call home. I am, I readily admit, a gentleman of leisure. Adventuring is not for me, but I do hear a lot of news, both in general meeting places and in the taverns and inns of this fair place, but I digress.

I was sitting reading today when news of foul murder reached my ears. I am adverse to violence, and usually pay such stories little attention. However the news was repeated to me in various forms wherever I went. I therefore made it my business to put together a sequence of events. A young lady, who I believe is not a stranger to Blackstone, was visiting the town today. I shall, to preserve her dignity, just refer to her as a certain Ms Blackveil. For a good part of the day she spent it shopping from what I gather in that fabulous emporium owned by Kalus. A short while after, I believe she travelled to a certain Oasis - there is a marvellous marvellous pool of water there, with some tales of a beast that lives within, however that story is for another time. Nevertheless, the good lady travelled there, for what purpose I know not. However, shortly after her arrival, or so I gather from various reliable sources, she was foully murdered. It is strongly rumoured that the deed was done by a paid assassin in the service of Starkson. Now, I have visited this isle and partaken of both the wines and strawberries, which I personally find most acceptable, however, if this tale is true - and I have spoken to several people who have previously been most reliable - then no matter the reason behind the act, it is most abhorrent and unacceptable. A most evil and shameful deed.

Kynan Bladvick, Gentleman of Leisure, Importer of Exotic Impedimenta, etc.
Hordack
Duke
Duke

Re: A concerned citizen.

Post by Hordack »

*hearing of this cold blooded murder of Ms Blackveil. Hordack runs to his wife to report this foul murder of his wife's best friend*
Hordack The Dark
"Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Your only a "Legend" if the people believe the "myth's" that are told about you.
"Dark Stalker" aka "Hordack The Dark Thief of Blackstone Keep"
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

*Cervantes makes port at Blackstone is unaware of who Ms. Blackveil is though curious who the assassin is*

*walks the keep with a grin at his side is a hooded figure known as Vindel some of the crew can be found picking up supplies before shove off*
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

"Yes come in."

The door opens and a young page enters. "Your Grace this report just arrived from Captain Zim. He said to get it to you right away that you would be interested in the news." He walks over to her desk and holds out the letter. She looks up from a letter she is writting her white eyebrow archers as she puts down the pen and holds out her hand for the letter. The young page hands it to her then steps back with his arms at his side.

"Thank you, ah, I just heard that the cook has made some fresh brown sugar cookies. I think she needs someone to taste them for her. Do you know anyone qualfied to do the job?" She asks while opening the seal on the letter and leaning back in her chair to read it. The boy's eyes light up and his feet become inpatient.

"Yes your Grace I do."

"I thought so please do go I will send for you if there is needed a reply." The light of her red eyes flairs up at the young boy's emotions. He bows and quickly leaves closing the door behind him.

"Now what has been going on around Blackstone that has Zim sending us a letter?" She mutters to herself as she stands up and walks over to the fireplace chairs and sits down. Her staff floats in the air in pace to her steps staying within her arm reach but out of her way until needed. She reads over some general news most she has already heard then stops and rereads several paragrahs. The first time she frows the second time her eyes grow dark the third has her up and walking over to Winesa's rooms. Without knocking she opens the door.

"Wine you have got to see this, some ass has killed Tameria and is trying to blame us... Wine now is not the time to be sleeping do get up and read." She holds out the letter to the barely awake Winesa.

//Oh and sorry if I misspelled her name I forgot how it was spelled.
The world is a strange place.
wdpepsiman
Count
Count

Post by wdpepsiman »

As the page approaches Pheadra with a sealed letter he stumbles over the bearskin rug, "my boy why so nervous today " she asks.

rumors Commander just rumors" you may go now young man. As she reads the letter she becomes mystified. As she tells Arial of its contents "what in the name of hell are they thinking, to put a hit on

Tamana is absolutely irresponsible although the wench probably made someone mad". to put a hit on her is a bit much.

Arial i think it is time we visited the Starkson and find out what is going on over there.
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

*Cervantes sends Rago a halfing rogue from the ship out into the keep to see if he can find out who Ms Blackviel was within the hour Rago returns to Cervantes quarters where he is charting his next course of action he is informed that Ms Blackviel was Tamana Mant and the assassin was hired by Starkson he tilts his head with odd expression on his face* starkson you say eh? *he walks over to a night stand and pulls out the chore inside is his 2 hand-axes he takes them out and lays them on his desk* i don't think the assassin was of starkson but you say she was killed at the oasis with the bar well then tell the boys we're staying couple days later then expected i'm going pay a visit to that tavern see if i can find out anything from them or lest find the site oh and Rago *he stands there looking up at him'*yes? see what you can do about the where abouts of William Mant if i am not here when you come back report to Vindel he is in charge till i return that is all your dismissed. *he crips his hand-axes for first time in many months the skullk amulet around his neck glows red and he vanishes from his ship to the Coven where he finds no body he exists there and heads to the thieves guild before leaving for the oasis*
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

A figure fades out of the shadows and slowly reads the notice in utter disbelief.
After some time she turns to her mere-dragon companion.
"Well seems poor Tam let her guard down"
The dragon hissing in agreement and replies "Mistress, mes nos thinksss..Starksonsss didsss thisss."
"Yes Mira, I tend to agree with you, What sort of assassin, lets slip his employers name in the midst of making a hit?"
Pausing a moment, Panacea turns and starts to walk away
"There is something afoot here, Mira. I will get to the bottom of it, I have a good idea where to start and heaven help them"
Panacea and Mira disappear into the shadows.
Peace

Lady Panacea Stormwatcher
Elsbeth Stormwatcher
Pharo_IK
Count
Count

Post by Pharo_IK »

Winesa rolls over and sits up as Ortelassa shoves a paper at her.
"Hmm? What's this?"

Winesa reads for a moment then tosses it back at Ortel.
"Tamama got herself killed? Again?"

Ortel picks up the papers and shakes them. The rustling sound of the papers begins to grate on Winesa's nerves so she accepts it back and the rather firm suggestion to read further.
"And.... someone is trying to lay the blame on us."

Wine shakes her head and lays back down.
"If it makes you feel any better.... and you will let me go back to sleep... I'll sign an order to have myself hung a dusk and take full responsibility."

The crash from the corner of her room got Winesa to set up in bed again.
"Fine, fine, fine... I'll look into it... after I wake up. It is not like anyone would give such foolishness any credit."

Ortel rolls her eyes and leave the papers beside Winesa.
"Fine, good... it's out of my hands. Though if you want...", Ortel wisecracks on her way out the door, " I can check the shops for some quality rope for your evening appointment."
Lady Winesa Kenders(RIP): Divine Daughter of Lia, Treaty Holder of the Starkson Protectorate (All realms), Guardian of the Wildlands, Keeper of the Night´s Breath, Speaker of the Great Oak, Champion of Balance.