Make Rogues great again

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Garrett
Count
Count

Make Rogues great again

Post by Garrett »

I really like Rogue class.

Lately I've been playing horde event and I really liked how traps and balista's are helpful in a party. Based on that I've come up with a few ideas:

- Balistas to be craft-able (Craft trap skill determines use level limit and dice rolls of summon)
- Make trap crafting a thing (forge based with unique on-hit effects) (to be useful on boss raids!)
- Add a high level lock pick-able chests in boss raids (makes having a full dedicated rogue useful)
-Add deadly boss traps (DC over 100) in raids (makes having a full dedicated disarm trap rogue useful)

Example for EPIC trap crafting.
-Recipe for a trap (Dropable item, needs to be in a inventory and acts a requirement for trap making)
-Craft trap skil:100
-Epic trap material ( Can be crafted via magic stone by stacking certain amount of socket gems)
-Red forge stone
Result: 100d6 fire damage trap with DC of 50 ( DC is determined by skill divded by 2)
- A player is risking to waste forge stone to maybe deal a damage on a specific mob / boss. So its kinda balanced.
Lomilinator
Baron
Baron

Re: Make Rogues great again

Post by Lomilinator »

Nice idea to give rogue a single use item that would contribute to a raid party. Even better if creatable. At the moment their role send pretty limited (can you find the hidden door that I know it's there please).

Also poison seems to be nerfed - assuming that is deliberate. You can buy poison from the crafting guy in blackstone, but even when you successfully apply it to arrows it disappears before you can fire one. Shame as this would be good for archer build as well as rogues. Same seems to be true for melee weapons.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

IMHO, an experienced Rogue on the server is not in demand. Few traps or closed chests around is not reason to grow skilled Rogue.
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

Not to sound self-serving since i play a lot of rogue types.
But...
I would welcome some more rogue challenges.
Some chests/doors/trap the require a high skill level, where a rouge type is required.
Perhaps to keep it fresh. these things could be random throughout a dungeon so they are not always in the same door and location every time?
Swinging Blade, Rolling Boulders, Spears, Spikes. Pits..Glyph of Warding or the Pen and Paper arcane version SYMBOL?
good ol Grimtooths's Traps has a wealth of devious ideas..lol
https://annarchive.com/files/Grimtooth's%20Traps.pdf
This would also have the benefit of making the Find Traps spell useful.
Also for the "searchers"..thinking rangers.. having more "tracking" and hidden things would be super cool.
Personally, I think Epic traps would get spammed. but maybe some poison tweaks would be okay?
Rogues def don't need anymore combat tweaks. they are fine as they are in that area,
Peace

Lady Panacea Stormwatcher
Elsbeth Stormwatcher
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

I also would like to see more4 rogue type challenges picking locks traps etc... Recently driller said he done a nerf on heal potions to make a cleric more useful well why not do the same for the rogue class make even raid area require a epic rogue to advance in area's leading to the final boss fight...

Long time back I asked for a little xp for undoing locked doors in the keep and skara brea and a few other places... I'd like to see more of this insentive xp in pre level 40 non raid area's too... Another nice insentive for rogues would be getting in loot chests things like choking powder, skelly knuckles, etc
to enable those rogues that like to craft traps...

Of cause the likes of usefulness of said trap laying maybe very useful even in post 40 raids ...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Deadly traps and closed chests with unique stuff in epic raids places.. and rogue will shine again.
😂