Pestilence Longbow

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Pestilence Longbow

Post by Drow Arrow »

so the Pestilence Longbow is from one of the harder raids (harder mostly because it actually requires some organisation and proper teamwork), however the longbow specifically doesn't really feel like a reward for what is essentially an end game raid.

the description states:

Granted Skills:
Pestilence's Longbow wrote:Affliction(5% chance on hit)

Any arrow shot from this bow has a chance to drain d4() levels and inflict the target with deadly poison.
now personally the biggest let down is the level drain and this is mainly because for a good majority of end game bosses and a fair few monsters, level drain isn't applicable to them due to their immunities natural or otherwise.

now I don't know what this could be changed to BUT there's got to be something better than this. hell it's not even useful in PvP as everyone typically has immunity to level drain.

the only thing I can come up with off the top of my head is maybe some sort of disease that ignores immunities or maybe acid damage similar to what the assassin gets (as far as ignoring immunities/resistances go) not sure but either way as it stands it's barely worth using in it's current state.

I would imagine the poison is "ok?" but I can't find any information on what it does. (other than Deadly being a DC of 26).

for comparison i saw wars greatsword the other day (another player showed it to me while we were chatting) and it's effect is amazing in comparison.

not looking to make the bow "OP" but i am looking to make it actually worth using and something to be excited about when found.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Avalius Meadsmith
Gharbad Meadsmith
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pestilence Longbow

Post by driller »

I have added d6(PC Level) of acid damage to this weapon's special.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Re: Pestilence Longbow

Post by Drow Arrow »

driller wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:41 am I have added d6(PC Level) of acid damage to this weapon's special.
awesome thanks a bunch driller
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Avalius Meadsmith
Gharbad Meadsmith