unslotters

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Resden
Commoner
Commoner

unslotters

Post by Resden »

well my thought is it would be nice if we could unsocket socket gems and unslot enchantment gems we don't have to get anything back but it would be nice to have a chance to fix rare gear if it gets boned on a roll or if its messed up alot of games have stuff like that i know its prob a pain to add but it would rock also what i mean by it is like a to unslot the sockets we used but we lose the stuff the damage that was from it and like the socket gem and the and the socket slot gem could be the same for enchantment stones a unslotter we lost both the unslotter and the gem and the damage from it but we get to try again with putting another stone would cause resources burn and encourage more messing around with the enchantment stones plus some rare items do not drop often so perma messing on up would truly hurt we already do this in a way by letting people rebuild there chars which is one of the things i love most about this server encourages me to try new things on builds
Lomilinator
Baron
Baron

Re: unslotters

Post by Lomilinator »

Bump. This would be great. Agree it would encourage experimentation with socketed items.

It would help both higher level characters make their "dream weapon/armour" and lower level characters who accidently make a weapon unusable at their level by socketing too much.

I don't think it should work for forge stones - that would make them less special... Also don't think ît should undo the random bonuses from polished stones etc as these are deliberately vague

But it is annoying to get a piece of rare kit, and then find the socket function didn't do what you hoped (what does a dak some really do? Oh, it fills up a space in my rare armour but doesn't boast AC beyond a max out craft bonus - that's one for experience).

I suggest this should happen at a cost, from the dwarf in Blackstone (so you take your weapon/armour to him and he pulls out the stones at a price, and possibly even removes all the socketed aspect from the weapon).

Don't know how practical this would be to do.