Slaad

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Darkness
Commoner
Commoner

Slaad

Post by Darkness »

I wonder if there is anything that could be done to improve the Slaad. It has a lot of restrictions that the Golem does not. You can't refund the Slaad, it's much weaker overall, you can't redo your character once you have made the Slaad since you can't transfer it. I just made a Slaad, and even though I gave it a level 40 weapon, it is only a level 36 Slaad. I'm not sure why sadly.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Re: Slaad

Post by Drow Arrow »

yeah it would be nice if some of the benefits the golem currently has also worked for the slaad and the bone golem (if they don't already work for the bone golem).

I did have the thought while speaking about this to some people the other day that maybe there could be a way to interact with the slaad like maybe access a special container that we can put the weapon/armor into that the slaad will then use or have an npc or something we could use to swap gear to and from the slaad.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Avalius Meadsmith
Gharbad Meadsmith
Azra'eil
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Azra'eil »

I agree. It does seem the slaad is considerably underpowered compared to the golem. As construct, the golem gains all the best immunities and furthermore, the inability to refund it is a huge drawback too.

I love the overall concept with an "end-game" summon / minion, but would be cool to see the system re-worked to allow either greater flexability or comparative strength between the different summons.

A cool idea imo, would be to create a questline for whatever mechanism creates each type of golem, and then enable them for all casters. That way sorc, wizards and palemasters can choose which summon they prefer by doing the relevant quest.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Post by Drow Arrow »

Azra'eil wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:23 am I agree. It does seem the slaad is considerably underpowered compared to the golem. As construct, the golem gains all the best immunities and furthermore, the inability to refund it is a huge drawback too.

I love the overall concept with an "end-game" summon / minion, but would be cool to see the system re-worked to allow either greater flexability or comparative strength between the different summons.

A cool idea imo, would be to create a questline for whatever mechanism creates each type of golem, and then enable them for all casters. That way Sorcerers, Wizards and Palemasters can choose which summon they prefer by doing the relevant quest.
I love the idea of improving the Slaad (and possibly the bone golem if it doesn't already benefit from the same features the regular golem) to bring it more in line with the regular golem i honestly hadn't even thought about the immunities the golem gets from being a construct i was always so hung up on not being able to break down/refund the Slaad like you can the golem.

as far as the quest line goes that's a cool idea but we all know everyone would just make the golem it doesn't really solve the problem so much as slaps a band aid over it and hope it doesn't become a problem again i'd much rather just see the slaad be improved so it's on par with the golem or gain some unique bonuses to make it more appealing to use.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Avalius Meadsmith
Gharbad Meadsmith
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have doubled the regen rate and added 25% immune to all damages.
Azra'eil
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Azra'eil »

Drow Arrow wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:45 pm
Azra'eil wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:23 am I agree. It does seem the slaad is considerably underpowered compared to the golem. As construct, the golem gains all the best immunities and furthermore, the inability to refund it is a huge drawback too.

A cool idea imo, would be to create a questline for whatever mechanism creates each type of golem, and then enable them for all casters. That way Sorcerers, Wizards and Palemasters can choose which summon they prefer by doing the relevant quest.
I love the idea of improving the Slaad (and possibly the bone golem if it doesn't already benefit from the same features the regular golem) to bring it more in line with the regular golem i honestly hadn't even thought about the immunities the golem gets from being a construct i was always so hung up on not being able to break down/refund the Slaad like you can the golem.

as far as the quest line goes that's a cool idea but we all know everyone would just make the golem it doesn't really solve the problem so much as slaps a band aid over it and hope it doesn't become a problem again i'd much rather just see the slaad be improved so it's on par with the golem or gain some unique bonuses to make it more appealing to use.
I would personally go for a Bone golem if the quests were a thing.. Need a proper undead minium as a necromancer afterall :)

Glad to see Driller adressed it though.