Horde Event ideas

Post suggestions for improvements here.
zerouacuca
Commoner
Commoner

Horde Event ideas

Post by zerouacuca »

I thought the last Horde event was really cool. Since then I have had some ideas for improvement. Here are my humble opinions and suggestions:

The choice of the forest as a terrain was very good, as rangers and druids benefit from this. However the area looked very much like an open field. It would be interesting to have some other elements like some big trees, places where you enter on one side and exit on the other side (doors that need to be unlocked by a skilled rogue perhaps), some watchtowers, etc. to increase the dynamics within the dungeon.

On this day the players stayed inside one of the "safe houses" and continued this way until the end. To change this, some rats and spiders could fall from the ceiling and attack them, after a certain level an ambush by Succubus might force them out. In addition, the time of the round could increase proportionally to the size of the team.

About the final encounter, instead of an encounter with a giant and ridiculously strong monster, perhaps a battle against more than one creature is more cool, maintaining the style of the event. For example, a character who summons versions of the Akon golem would be fun. Ah, then it would be nice for the event to start like that "chance encounter" (Bugbears quest in Bordermach).

As a final remark, I imagined this to make the event reach level 21 (epic character). In view of this, I think the items were well balanced, so even common enemies posed a threat, which I think is very positive.

Much obligated, and waiting for the next Horde event

zerouacuca.
monarch309
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Horde Event ideas

Post by monarch309 »

For the vendor, I suggest robes with + AC similar to the armor that can be purchased
Calesimundrel
Knight
Knight

Post by Calesimundrel »

i think death cloud was to much
it wipe all the party on 1 shoot
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The Orge Mages and Elites have been moved up a couple of waves. I also replaced death cloud with Acid Fog.

The wave boss has also been given a lot more hitpoints and he now has an actual mechanic to deal with.

I will probably add a limited number of Ballistas to the supply wagon per wave.

Calesimundrel wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:02 am i think death cloud was to much
Garrett
Count
Count

Post by Garrett »

driller wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:11 pm The Orge Mages and Elites have been moved up a couple of waves. I also replaced death cloud with Acid Fog.

The wave boss has also been given a lot more hitpoints and he now has an actual mechanic to deal with.

thanks, great ideas. Can we have this event each weekand?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will consider it. But, if we do it to much, it kinda loses its charm.

I will also add a de-level option and a player chest to store items you want to keep.
Garrett wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:54 am
driller wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:11 pm The Orge Mages and Elites have been moved up a couple of waves. I also replaced death cloud with Acid Fog.

Omegon
Baron
Baron

Post by Omegon »

It takes a group of 8 to do it, So really I think the number requirement alone is enough to not make it boring/easy enough to access if it could be opened every weekend. The event reminds me of the hunger games/survival instinct which is a totally different tone to other stuff we have here.

Im in support of opening it up for the weekends on a trial period if you were happy with it Driller.

driller wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:54 am I will consider it. But, if we do it to much, it kinda loses its charm.

I will also add a de-level option and a player chest to store items you want to keep.
Garrett wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:54 am