Presistant Quest log

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Beezlebub
Baron
Baron

Presistant Quest log

Post by Beezlebub »

is there a way to keep questlog on server side. i did a whole reinstall of nwn not windows and lost all my logs/manifest on nwn uninstall. i assume these log are kept on install log files. there a way to update quest logs on serverside? i hate for this to happen to new people or other that have or want to install/new PC etc
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Presistant Quest log

Post by driller »

Hit J on your keyboard.
Beezlebub wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:34 pm is there a way to keep questlog on server side. i did a whole reinstall of nwn not windows and lost all my logs/manifest on nwn uninstall. i assume these log are kept on install log files. there a way to update quest logs on serverside? i hate for this to happen to new people or other that have or want to install/new PC etc
Beezlebub
Baron
Baron

Post by Beezlebub »

driller wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:35 pm Hit J on your keyboard.
Beezlebub wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:34 pm is there a way to keep questlog on server side. i did a whole reinstall of nwn not windows and lost all my logs/manifest on nwn uninstall. i assume these log are kept on install log files. there a way to update quest logs on serverside? i hate for this to happen to new people or other that have or want to install/new PC etc
no this just brings up the menu log. thats all it does.... im asking specificly is there a log you can save on server side not game side to fix this issue on new players/reaccuring players coming back to NWN with all logs lost etc. with new nwn or key etc/fresh PC boot etc. all of that info is lost due to removing all /nwn drive folder or even the document folder is gone?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You said "quest log". The quest tracking is server side. Your (J)ournal will show your quest state.

If you are talking about something else, perhaps you can post a screenshot?
Beezlebub wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:53 pm
driller wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:35 pm Hit J on your keyboard.
no this just brings up the menu log. thats all it does.... im asking specificly is there a log you can save on server side not game side to fix this issue on new players/reaccuring players coming back to NWN with all logs lost etc. with new nwn or key etc/fresh PC boot etc. all of that info is lost due to removing all /nwn drive folder or even the document folder is gone?
Beezlebub
Baron
Baron

Post by Beezlebub »

cant go back in time to show you my quest log and then reinstall my nwn/pc to show you current quest log...its not Sever side at all 100% sure of this.

i played nwn 3 weeks ago or so on your server of EE. no real issues other then graphical ones i assume this junky ass amd is complete trash but thats abvious. then i reinstall cleared NWN document folder ones with all the CEP or would be +sync etc on it... read 0 extra files on all folders. reinstalled nwn on a new folder not C: main the new one D: E: F: w/e.

now my issue started to arosed when i ran to the WP had 0 WP saved ... this was a though that its all steam/ my drive manifest logs. now i did a windows 10 install and now its the 3rd case of losing all that Quest/WP. nothing else is lost Persistant chest storage is there ofcorse its the Server side save no dout about it. now the Quest/WP is not server side at all 100% sure of this cause i would know its was issued to me twice. thats fine by me i just would like to have the server back this info up just incase someone had issues in real life and came back to the game months/years later to come back to old friends/etc to this server and not have to worry about issues like im having cause let me tell it it happens. we just want to start where we left off... current issue is we can't or i cant aanyways. im not sure if its a IP issue or windows or even all of the above issue.

what im really asking is that can you make a script where it saves all the data other then bic. and player storage. like WP log and Quest we just done. im sure we all have more then 1 characters and dont want to do it all over again with our 20th character in the middle of quest etc know we have to start every single quest all over again. here is a picture of my first quest ive done on very first toon. now 40 and done foxmore questline leading up to Oasis and cleared it to get to city of the lost . i can confirm with Cat, and another member i was in there. so there is prof of me acctuly doing all the story like till there.

oh here is the picture you wanted. since there is 0 log saved.
Attachments
vlcsnap-2021-01-29-15h44m21s294.png
vlcsnap-2021-01-29-15h44m21s294.png (851.9 KiB) Viewed 4188 times
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

All info is stored server side in a SQL database. Quest/WP info is not stored client side.

It is one of two things:

1.Your info in the db is corrupt.
2.This is a Beamdog bug with the journal.
3.You created your character with a different account name and then changed it.

I would bet #3.
Beezlebub
Baron
Baron

Post by Beezlebub »

shiett if i went back to my old name? this will jump back to my old logs?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Using the same account name you made your character with should fix the issue.
Beezlebub wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:32 am shiett if i went back to my old name? this will jump back to my old logs?