Customizing equipment

Post suggestions for improvements here.
TressFX
Knight
Knight

Customizing equipment

Post by TressFX »

Good evening!

I see that some at least the new armor (appearances) that's available in Nwn is missing when you customize your armor here. It's probably true for weapons as well but I'm not sure. It's actually the best looking armor that's missing.

My suggestion is to make it possible to customize the character a bit more and have the possibility modify colors there as well. I would guess there are lots of code available for this to extend the functionality a bit more than what you can do here, for example copy the appearance of an already modified armor to your new one, and to be able to copy appearance from left to right side and so on.

Would very much appreciate if you could have a look at this.

/TressFX
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Re: Customizing equipment

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Most of what you are talking about is enbedded in CEP and as yet BSK is not using CEP... There for a case of wait and see what Driller is going to come up with in the way of hak's or indeed CEP...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
TressFX
Knight
Knight

Post by TressFX »

Hi!

A dawn of heroes has all the things I mentioned and they are not using Cep nor haks.

/TressFX
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

All the armor pieces should be available, send me a screen of what you are taking about.
TressFX
Knight
Knight

Post by TressFX »

My toon on a Dawn. Except for the newest armor to be included, you can add tails, wings rucksack and the thing you sheath your sword in on your toon (hanging from his back). You can also add use all the different colors available directly in the meny to color your armor or change weapon colors and so on.

Another cool thing which I'm personally use a lot is the ability to hide both helmet and cloak. My toon on the picture has both equipped but are hidden cuz I just prefer the toon to look that way.

https://prnt.sc/sws1jy

https://prnt.sc/sws2hj
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

All that is in bsk, except the tails. Use /helm and /cloak to hide/unhide them.

I already have a tail system, I just need to clean it up to fit EE.

The system they are using requires a hak.

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... e-hak-ccoh
TressFX wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:36 pm My toon on a Dawn. Except for the newest armor to be included, you can add tails, wings rucksack and the thing you sheath your sword in on your toon (hanging from his back). You can also add use all the different colors available directly in the meny to color your armor or change weapon colors and so on.

Another cool thing which I'm personally use a lot is the ability to hide both helmet and cloak. My toon on the picture has both equipped but are hidden cuz I just prefer the toon to look that way.

https://prnt.sc/sws1jy

https://prnt.sc/sws2hj
TressFX
Knight
Knight

Post by TressFX »

I could not use that the newer plate showing in those picture here though. It's not selectable at least not for me.
Okay if they are using a hak, it's not something you need client side. They've been vanilla up until now at least.
TressFX
Knight
Knight

Post by TressFX »

Hello again Driller!

Can you please check because those armor pieces are not available.

/TressFX
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have added the missing pieces to plate mail
TressFX wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:06 am Hello again Driller!

Can you please check because those armor pieces are not available.

/TressFX
TressFX
Knight
Knight

Post by TressFX »

Thank you!

Could you perhaps also consider adding the possibility to add colors without using the pots. There are so many colors or nuances missing at the moment. It's one of those things that doesn't really add any immersion to the game by having to buy the dyes imo, but is really convinient to have available where you customize the equipment. And even if all the colors were available, it's really hard to know what's what and is a rather tedious process buying and then trying to get the right color or nuance to your armor set. But if adding those to the crafting menu is a lot of work could you at least consider adding all the dyes to the store.

/TressFX
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I wrote a conversation driven color picker today. It will be in Kalus's shop tomorrow after the reset. I also plan on adding console commands so you can directly pick colors and possibly a database color template save feature..
TressFX
Knight
Knight

Post by TressFX »

Very nice! Oh just one more thing about that, I saw you had added the missing armor piece thanks for that. But that armor is a full armor, and I "think" only the torso has been added. All those pieces look kind of unique.

Thanks again!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

All the pieces will be in after tonight's reset.
TressFX
Knight
Knight

Post by TressFX »

Thank you Driller! 8)
Catopillar
Baron
Baron

Post by Catopillar »

Could you add weapon colors too?