About xp when reaching a new lvl

Post suggestions for improvements here.
TressFX
Knight
Knight

About xp when reaching a new lvl

Post by TressFX »

Hello!

There are "probably" good reasons for not making it possible to get indefinite xp after having reached a new lvl, even if I can't see them myself atm. That being said, it would be nice however if you could at least have a small buffer lets say 1000-2000 xp not to miss xp if you have to kill fight some more enemies before you can safely take the new lvl, which happens quite often.

I've seen it on some other servers and to my knowledge there hasn't been any problems. People just like it. A dawn is one of those where a buffer was added and even increased a bit after a while.

/TressFX
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: About xp when reaching a new lvl

Post by driller »

This was put into to place because of low level xp boosting. I will look into giving xp based on the actual xp number instead of the hitdice.
TressFX wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:30 am Hello!

There are "probably" good reasons for not making it possible to get indefinite xp after having reached a new lvl, even if I can't see them myself atm. That being said, it would be nice however if you could at least have a small buffer lets say 1000-2000 xp not to miss xp if you have to kill fight some more enemies before you can safely take the new lvl, which happens quite often.

I've seen it on some other servers and to my knowledge there hasn't been any problems. People just like it. A dawn is one of those where a buffer was added and even increased a bit after a while.

/TressFX
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

I have to agree with TressFX it is annoying to get a level up in the middle of battle and it woud be nice if BSK would have the buffer element a lot of servers already do... One server I play on a little has a buffer of 1000 xp above the new level but if you just go out and try to gain another level like this you kose the excess xp ... For example say a level 20 gets the 210,000 xp for level 21 but continues to fight on till free to level up... Such person will get xp but on leveling up to level 21 anything above 211,000 xp is lost in the leveling process... So one would not be able to effectively exploit this by attaining 231,000+ in an attempt to jump a whole level up to level 22...

Also that the server recognise that one is a level 21 for all xp earning be that fighting or any other form of earning xp shared in party kills or otherwise...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Here is what I am going to do.

The level check will be removed. You will still earn xp, but it will be based on the xp amount you currently have, not the hitdice. So, if you have enough xp for level 2, but are still level 1, your xp reward will for a level 2 and so on and so forth.
SkyBlues87 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:03 pm I have to agree with TressFX it is annoying to get a level up in the middle of battle and it woud be nice if BSK would have the buffer element a lot of servers already do... One server I play on a little has a buffer of 1000 xp above the new level but if you just go out and try to gain another level like this you kose the excess xp ... For example say a level 20 gets the 210,000 xp for level 21 but continues to fight on till free to level up... Such person will get xp but on leveling up to level 21 anything above 211,000 xp is lost in the leveling process... So one would not be able to effectively exploit this by attaining 231,000+ in an attempt to jump a whole level up to level 22...

Also that the server recognise that one is a level 21 for all xp earning be that fighting or any other form of earning xp shared in party kills or otherwise...
Lilia
Baron
Baron

Post by Lilia »

Hi Driller,

Just wondering if this change has altered XP once you get to level 40.... I finished leveling a toon to 40, and stayed a while longer, it gave me XP for the champion's but no XP for the normal Umgah.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This should be fixed now.
Lilia wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:45 pm Hi Driller,

Just wondering if this change has altered XP once you get to level 40.... I finished leveling a toon to 40, and stayed a while longer, it gave me XP for the champion's but no XP for the normal Umgah.
TressFX
Knight
Knight

Post by TressFX »

Thanks!