couple of idea's

Post suggestions for improvements here.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

couple of idea's

Post by SkyBlues87 »

First is ... How about having a forge stone exchange merchant where with a number of low end forge stone plus an amount of gold one could get a higher ranked forge stone... For example 5 white forge stones and 50,000 gold would get you say a green forge stone, and then say 5 green forge stones and 75,000 gold would get you say a gold forge stone, then say 5 silver forge stones and 125,000 go9ld would get you a yellow, or blue, or red forge stone randomly... These are just examples the conbination of gold and forges either given in exchange or recieved back would be up to you Driller...

My other suggestion is could it that concentration factor in the black blade of disaster be removed as this would allow a caster type to buff up a little the blade with haste and perhaps flame weapon so it is a bit more effective up against high end mobs... Am finding myself that as it is the blade does nothing if attacked by 4 or more beasts at a time just stands there getting wacked admittedily for damage but the caster can not do anything without it despawning due to lack of concentration on the blade... I know this is possible have seen it elsewhere on other mods and am aware that that was the vanilla intention but when facing multiple potential attackers this is not ideal for the way the game has developed with ever more powerful mosters/beasts to engage...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Re: couple of idea's

Post by Yunim »

I don't think BBoD should be changed, it would be too easy to abuse. Gate has been buffed and can help against some mobs, but Mummy Dust and the new mage summons are better for high end PvM.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Sorry I would have to disagree over the BBoD how can something that lasts 1 round per caster level (something for me at this time that lasts like 1 minute 30 seconds real time) be abused...? When the likes of Mummy dust not only is already buffed before before I only add likes of flame weapon, stoneskin, and perhaps mage armour spells as even haste is alreadt added through the caster having haste, finally it's duration is like 24 hours game time...

All am asking is a little more parity with any other summons in that BBoD does not have haste added so as a caster I can give it haste to help stop it getting mobbed by attackers doing absolutely nothing but soak up hits till its clock runs out... SDorry I do not see anything in there that could even be seen as a possible abuse or would induce an abuse... For me it would be just be a case of leveling the playing field a little bit...
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

Yunim is talking end game content here.
BBoD is easy to abuse, already some places where the spell will just fizzle.
picture a whole book when reading, you are on the first chapter of the first page, a lot of us are at the last page of said book.
so what you "see and feel" about the server is not the same for us, interaction again bosses or when PvP isn't the same as just regular hunting forage.
best example, why is there a timer on some spells like time stop, let me tell you, time stop loop. i know you cannot but some of us can, i have bags of time stop scrolls, everything can be abuse if you know the how and where.

also, BBoD support haste or mass haste, in fact, only 2 spells a mage can cast right after the blade to haste it, concentration will not break, but either spell need to follow the blade casting right away.

NwN Wiki is your friend, go read it a bit, you will realise that some stuff are not as complexe as they seem.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
Garrett
Count
Count

Post by Garrett »

No need for forge stone merchent. You can easily farm the lost city to get stones.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

SkyBlues87 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:36 pm First is ... How about having a forge stone exchange merchant where with a number of low end forge stone plus an amount of gold one could get a higher ranked forge stone... For example 5 white forge stones and 50,000 gold would get you say a green forge stone, and then say 5 green forge stones and 75,000 gold would get you say a gold forge stone, then say 5 silver forge stones and 125,000 go9ld would get you a yellow, or blue, or red forge stone randomly... These are just examples the conbination of gold and forges either given in exchange or recieved back would be up to you Driller...

My other suggestion is could it that concentration factor in the black blade of disaster be removed as this would allow a caster type to buff up a little the blade with haste and perhaps flame weapon so it is a bit more effective up against high end mobs... Am finding myself that as it is the blade does nothing if attacked by 4 or more beasts at a time just stands there getting wacked admittedily for damage but the caster can not do anything without it despawning due to lack of concentration on the blade... I know this is possible have seen it elsewhere on other mods and am aware that that was the vanilla intention but when facing multiple potential attackers this is not ideal for the way the game has developed with ever more powerful mosters/beasts to engage...
Err... Didn't you just shut down an other suggestion with the motivation we shouldn't cause more work for driller?
SkyBlues87 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:23 pm I think personally it works well enough as it is if you spend your skill points in appraise and have found that persuade skill points also give significant advantage over those that do not invest in both those skills... So I would have to say I agree with Driller it that it would create more work for the over worked Driller than it is worth, and the other I would say is leave well alone as it works well enough as it is...
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Well they are just idea's/suggestion nothing to say it should be work for Driller, he can obviously dismiss it completely out of hand... Also you are quoting me out of context perhaps I should have added "if it ain't broke it don't need fixing" ...