A smattering of suggestions

Post suggestions for improvements here.
XDragonDoomX
Baron
Baron

A smattering of suggestions

Post by XDragonDoomX »

1. Loot chests - sometimes when combatting foes, the chests end up facing a rock or a wall and cannot be accessed / opened - could they drop facing the player so they are not obstructed ?

2. Quest rewards - instead of outright cash, perhaps items (especially at early levels) such as - a basic belt (brawlers, etc) could be given.

3. There does appear to be a lack of stat rings - str, con, dex, etc. Maybe some +1 or +2 rings could be sourced by merchants, included in drops or given as rewards in lieu of cash in quest rewards

4. A deeper marvale ? There seems to be a lot of conflict over very little there. Is the person holding the royal staff guarding an entry to a strategic building ? Some crypts being excavated ? The royal palace ?
139. My bard is required to take levels in the perform skill and cannot 'just play by ear'

2. A one man band is not an appropriate bard instrument.

26. Valley speak has no place in a fantasy setting. Especially if you're the paladin.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Re: A smattering of suggestions

Post by Yunim »

Loot chests spawn facing the same direction as the mob was facing when it was killed, so this is only really a problem for monsters you kill before they react to you. You can prevent any issues by waiting for mobs to turn away from walls before killing them or by luring them towards you before killing them.
XDragonDoomX
Baron
Baron

Post by XDragonDoomX »

I've had several monsters who turn to move away & as they do so, die, which leaves the chest unaccessible (Tyranoid Archers as an example)
139. My bard is required to take levels in the perform skill and cannot 'just play by ear'

26. Valley speak has no place in a fantasy setting. Especially if you're the paladin.
XDragonDoomX
Baron
Baron

Post by XDragonDoomX »

btw .. if any of the suggestions I have made require work in the toolset, I am more than willing to load it up and get stuck in & provide any .erf's :)

DM Shimmer
Baron
Baron

Post by DM Shimmer »

I have had this happen to me on a few occasions where an archer has turned away just as the killing blow is landed. Mostly you can open the loot chest from the side, but on a couple of occasions I had to leave a chest un-opened... (leaving me thinking... dang I bet every item I ever wanted was in that chest)

The script does its job perfectly... but then nothing it 100% perfect 100% of the time.

As for your other suggestions, if Driller feels they are warranted and would enhance the server, he will add them to his "to do list". Please do not be disappointed/offended if your offer to help is denied. Driller has not, to my knowledge ever, ever given the module to another person to work on.
XDragonDoomX
Baron
Baron

Post by XDragonDoomX »

Oh, that isn't a problem - I did once contribute an area some time ago (it was the 2nd level of the Maug fortress, the area that is now the Ice Giant Fortress - the 2nd level is now no doubt crumbled and collapsed due to age), however if declined then no offence will be taken at all :-)

SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Just had this happen twice in the last day or so ... On having gotten a clan champion from a statue, went to the deep forest inn to go give it some to lord Shaylack... This clan champion casts turn undead and the vampire lord runs away to face the wall of the cellar and then is killed making the loot chest unopenable as it is facing the wall... This in particular is getting a little annoying so much so am when gifted this clan champion at a statue am removing it from my party seems you can do anything else as it can not it seems be unsummoned ... What I would like to see is an ability to stop this clan champion from casts the turn undead off in such circumstancies...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The chests should now turn to face the killer instead of the direction the mob was facing.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Thank you that is most helpful Driller... I would still though like an option to turn off or toggle that turn undead spell of the clan champion...
Where there is a will there will be a way...