the begger and other differences...

Post suggestions for improvements here.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

the begger and other differences...

Post by SkyBlues87 »

This first bit is more of a request than anything else... Am a little annoyed at that begger hanging around the persistant chest...
Why ? Well every time i try to open the persistant chest to store or remove something, he chimes in "Spare a coin friend" .... Despite taking the 3rd option to walk away I have to reopen the chest and before I can do anything he chimes in again "spare a coin friend" option 3 again I open the chest and yet again he chimes in "spare a coin friend"...

This on average happens about 8 times in a row before I can actually do what I want at the chest... I find this highly annoying... I have tried running away to the otherside of the big tree for example before taking option 3 only for the begger to run back close to the chest and "spare a coin friend" which closes the chest before I can do anything...

So can we possibly have him moved somewhere else further away from the persistant chest ( Jail for vagrancy would be good *smirks*)...

So have noticed a lot of changes from back in the day when I last played around 2005 to around 2011 some are pleasent like the increase in quests others not so good like no xp for disabling traps or opening doors... The good is also in those random shrinmes giving things like bonus xp or healing or aid spell and such like... Not so good I find there is a significant lack of drops of the socket gems and forge stones and the lower quality of item drops was kind of expected I would still bemoan what used to drop like purple/violet coloured drops of armour and weapons...

Seems there is also a big change in how the rune portal is done too, I used to like the dial up option apart from when one of the roaming guards would get in the way (LOL)... I have as yet only got to marvale once thus far but the merchant does not have the stone of recall anymore, which was so useful... Perhaps its sold else where now guess I'll have to find out if it does still exist.

Managed some how to acquire the town portal book for 5 gold at vogon's very early about level 3 at the time... Thought I'd be going at some point to face that shadow devil to get one much later on...

Enough for now this is getting a bit long winded ...
Where there is a will there will be a way...
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Re: the begger and other differences...

Post by Mask-inc »

I'll awnser one of those questions, the rune of recall is now a drop from killing the lich king Aildreck.
That or you can find someone who will trade you one.

You can now find a kind of lesser rune of recall from one of the first quest in bsk, it's really helpfull to move around and complete quests at low and mid levels.

hope that help a bit

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Thanks for the reply it does help to know it still exists even if that I recall that particular lich king is quite difficult... Meanwhile I'll check out the starter quests for the lesser one only done a few of them thus far...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

He will give up after three tries. I can refine this a bit.

I can add minor xp for doors and traps.

You will not get high level drops until you get up into the more difficult parts of the server. Risk/reward.

I took those out because I mistakenly thought that the floor runes where part of the CEP pack. I can add it back, but it will require that your character visit the destination runegate first, even if you know the code meta-wise.

The Rune stone is an incredibly powerful and useful artifact, now dropped by a powerful boss as a reward.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Thanks for replying, 3 times is not what I experience with the begger, still would prefer him to be relocated a little further from the persistant chest but that is your choice and I will respect it...

If I recall it was minor reward for traps and doors and a few chests here and there in the region of 15 to 25 xp, but it makes a bit of fun for a dedicated rogue with points spent in the skills required...

Actually I like the way you have here now with the way portals having to visit a destination first makes perfect sense to me, even if I bemoaned it some... Dialing up if it can be would be good too but as you say it should rely on having visited the destination portal to be able to get there... This in my opinion is far better than open option of having once learned the code to dial you could simply use the code with any character you make... Sort of a bit of metagaming and if the current remains it certainly stops the metagaming of the past...

A glad the rune/stone of return still exists and your right it was a powerful tool, I read about it on the forum and only remember it having 2 or 3 slots for locations... (yes been away that long)... I read that this got increased to 10 slots so it is truely in my opinion a powerful tool to have in ones persession...

Once again thanks...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The beggar should give up after one refusal now. Doors give xp now.
driller wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:45 pm He will give up after three tries. I can refine this a bit.

I can add minor xp for doors and traps.
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Post by SkyBlues87 »

I have noticed both this evening my thanks for this...