Loot?

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Loot?

Post by Cornflower »

So, I levelled up a new toon from 1 to 37 (as I post this) this week. It's the first time in forever (at least since the XP bank was implemented), so it felt like a new experience. I did all the quests (except Blood Cult, which is more or less impossible to solo.) I also spent quite some time in Umgah City. I've not been grinding anywhere else yet, really. Here are some observations that sort of also are suggestions:

From level 1 to 37, I found exactly 1 enchantment stone. Only 242 to go in order to get a legendary enchantment stone. Could the ratio of enchantment stones perhaps be slightly increased?

From level 36 to 37 I ran around Umgah City grinding. Even with Lia's blessing, I found exactly 0 loot chests. That doesn't sound right. Perhaps some kind of bug? Or maybe bad luck? (But surely not an entire level, killing over 70 umgahs with no loot?)

From level 1 to 37 I recieved or found the following forgies (I might have missed a couple, but I'm pretty sure): Cobolt, Cherry, Jade, Indigo (2), Gold, Silver (2), Bronze, Purple and Red. One might wish for an occasional blue/yellow/crimson/socketed/prismatic? I realize this is random and I could be plagued by bad luck, but maybe adjust the possibilities slightly?

I also spent some time playin another toon. With two other toons I was hunting down the Kazra dragon. I believe we've killed it somewhere around 5 times. Now, this might be a fluke, but I did not get one single item, dragon forged or not, that was worth keeping. Most of the stuff were actually lesser quality than what you can buy in the right stores. Now, this is a very small sample size, maybe others usually find very good loot with the dragons, so I'll just leave this out there.

Also, I have heard from older players about the luck stones. Could those perhaps be re-instated somehow? A rare drop? Maybe also given out for good RP by the DM:s so we who are less interested in converting to the currently best powerbuild, may feel more motivated.

Now, I'm not complaining, just letting you share my reality, so you might use that as input in wether you should adjust anything or not. As always, I'm humbly grateful for this fantastic world that I have the opportunity to amuse myself in, day after day, at no cost whatsoever. Also, since I used to run a world myself, I'm very much aware of the amount of work needed to keep a place like this running. I'm very impressed as well as grateful.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Re: Loot?

Post by Mask-inc »

I must admit that the lack of enchantment stones around compare to before is quite drastic.
I've gotten 3 or 4 since the change and 1 was bought in a shop. sacrilege i know :twisted:
Maybe just turn up the ratio for them a bit like Corn suggested.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

I agree with Cornflower and Mask on the low drop rates of enchantment stones, I've done a lot of farming recently and they seem to be almost as rare as socketing stones.
Cornflower wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:28 pm I also spent some time playin another toon. With two other toons I was hunting down the Kazra dragon. I believe we've killed it somewhere around 5 times. Now, this might be a fluke, but I did not get one single item, dragon forged or not, that was worth keeping. Most of the stuff were actually lesser quality than what you can buy in the right stores. Now, this is a very small sample size, maybe others usually find very good loot with the dragons, so I'll just leave this out there.
Dragon forged gear has been slightly nerfed since the dragon got nerfed in order to balance out the easier run. Personally I don't mind the change since even if dragon forged gear didn't exist I would still farm the Lost City dragons for loot, but anyone with access to a crafter won't get any worthwhile dragon forged gear. As for getting no decent gear at all on Lost City runs, that's probably just down to bad luck.
Cornflower wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:28 pm Also, I have heard from older players about the luck stones. Could those perhaps be re-instated somehow? A rare drop? Maybe also given out for good RP by the DM:s so we who are less interested in converting to the currently best powerbuild, may feel more motivated.
Luck stones still exist.
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Post by Sorcy Sid »

I often have the same problems. It does seem to be luck. But it can also change to where drops become very frequent. There is also the luck of other party members. Which can make the drops rain down or dry up. Try re-logging to change your luck.

The luck stones have always been very rare for as long as I have played BSK. Which was right after EE came out. Although, I did find one this morning! :P
Cornflower wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:28 pm From level 36 to 37 I ran around Umgah City grinding. Even with Lia's blessing, I found exactly 0 loot chests. That doesn't sound right. Perhaps some kind of bug? Or maybe bad luck? (But surely not an entire level, killing over 70 umgahs with no loot?)

From level 1 to 37 I recieved or found the following forgies (I might have missed a couple, but I'm pretty sure): Cobolt, Cherry, Jade, Indigo (2), Gold, Silver (2), Bronze, Purple and Red. One might wish for an occasional blue/yellow/crimson/socketed/prismatic? I realize this is random and I could be plagued by bad luck, but maybe adjust the possibilities slightly?

I also spent some time playin another toon. With two other toons I was hunting down the Kazra dragon. I believe we've killed it somewhere around 5 times. Now, this might be a fluke, but I did not get one single item, dragon forged or not, that was worth keeping. Most of the stuff were actually lesser quality than what you can buy in the right stores. Now, this is a very small sample size, maybe others usually find very good loot with the dragons, so I'll just leave this out there.

Also, I have heard from older players about the luck stones. Could those perhaps be re-instated somehow? A rare drop? Maybe also given out for good RP by the DM:s so we who are less interested in converting to the currently best powerbuild, may feel more motivated.

Now, I'm not complaining, just letting you share my reality, so you might use that as input in wether you should adjust anything or not. As always, I'm humbly grateful for this fantastic world that I have the opportunity to amuse myself in, day after day, at no cost whatsoever. Also, since I used to run a world myself, I'm very much aware of the amount of work needed to keep a place like this running. I'm very impressed as well as grateful.
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII