Petition to nerf mages in umgah city

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Deafmute6
Commoner
Commoner

Petition to nerf mages in umgah city

Post by Deafmute6 »

I would like to suggest a nerf to the mages in umgah city seeing as they are ridiculously broken and are often the cause of multiple death scenarios.

The ability to spam epic warding, epic ruin, and epic hellball should be reserved for bosses.On top of that they can cast harm meaning if you die and come back for your body there is a very real risk of getting harmed again and instantly dying, resulting in a multi death scenario where a characters is brought back to the beginning of level and is an extremely frustrating experience.

I would suggest making the umgah do different damage types besides piercing in order to balance this nerf.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Re: Petition to nerf mages in umgah city

Post by Cornflower »

Oh, then you haven't seen the uber-umgahs in the temple... I went there with a fairly well-equipped and well-built toon. I got hit with like 100 physical per hit. They were two of them and they killed me in less than a round, despite all my resistances and heavily-forged gear.

Here's what I usually do. I engage the mage so he starts following me, then I lead him to a distant corner where he's out of the way. If all works well and I actually survive, I leave him there in his loneliness and start running around killing the other mobs.

But I agree that the mage is very annoying and hard to hit. My advice: avoid if you're alone.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Think of it as a hazard that needs to be avoided.
Yune
Knight
Knight

Post by Yune »

The mage is quite killable if you're a caster.
itchyfunk
Baron
Baron

Post by itchyfunk »

or several other builds too: AA, WM, even a sneak (flat-footed AC for the win). Still, not worth that hassle most of the time. Do what Cornflower suggested: kite her to a corner and ditch her mid-cast. Also, get NEP from something (wand, isaac's robe, Shadow Shield pots etc.) . That will help with the harms if you have to face her down for some reason.
Active Toons:
- Itchy Smurf
- Isioviel Aerendyl
- Eima Glaskanone
- Forgee et (Minot)