Holy Sword

Post suggestions for improvements here.
TedRo
Commoner
Commoner

Holy Sword

Post by TedRo »

It's really disappointing I can't get holy avenger on a weapon without On Hit: Level 40 (Unique)
it really limits the design space on a class with such little representation already. Any chance we can get these 2 effects separated so I can use a +20 ab weapon with holy sword?
Last edited by TedRo on Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Holy Sword

Post by driller »

You can craft a weapon with following and be right at level 40. What is the issue?

AB +20
Acid 1d6
Cold 1d6
Electricty 1d6
Sonic 2d8
Keen
Massive Criticals 1d10
On Hit Cast Spell: Unique Power(OnHit)(Level 40)
TedRo
Commoner
Commoner

Post by TedRo »

This weapon would be doing less than a normal socketed weapon vs 99% of the monsters on the server. Additionally, the mandatory on hit effect means we can't use darkfire, flame weapon, or choose to use any on-hit forge stone.

Most importantly tho, it makes crafting found weapons way more of a headache. I'm not looking to craft on a socketed weapon and I feel this further limits my already limited ability to customize unique loot that I find.

I understand limiting the design space of a weapon for a super powerful ability such as the one you can put on a weapon with that rare forge stone, but this effect doesn't feel worth the huge cost. I'd just like to have the ability to have the option to craft exactly holy weapon onto an item.

Is it possible the other effect, which can remain paladin only, be put on another stone? Or maybe another stone + the stone that puts both on now?

Also you are forgetting that your on hit version still factors in having holy avenger on the item so you'd have a level 42 weapon.
driller wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:51 pm You can craft a weapon with following and be right at level 40. What is the issue?

AB +20
Acid 1d6
Cold 1d6
Electricty 1d6
Sonic 2d8
Keen
Massive Criticals 1d10
On Hit Cast Spell: Unique Power(OnHit)(Level 40)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will change the secondary way to get Holy Avenger, to the standard property. That's the easiest way for me.
TedRo
Commoner
Commoner

Post by TedRo »

Thank you very much Driller! You're the greatest!
Areani
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Areani »

By secondary way, does that mean the forge stone will just be normal Holy Avenger?
The Flying Rodent
Count
Count

Post by The Flying Rodent »

By tertiary way, does that mean that all the previous Holy Avenger weapons with level 40 dispel / on hit will be converted to the original Holy Avenger ? [with only level 10 dispel]

If not, that means people with the old Holy Avengers suddenly have the ability to strip high level mages of buffs with certain weapons, whilst new players will never be able to have this luxury.
Kazrite Army Members:

Gladdis the Damned
Thanatos
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

1.One way will give the onhit unique version of Holy Avenger.

2.The other one will be the standard version.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

driller wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:49 am 1.One way will give the onhit unique version of Holy Avenger.

Err... So, could someone explain the difference? I get the feeling version 2 would be much worse, but I don't know.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

Cornflower wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:54 pm
driller wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:49 am 1.One way will give the onhit unique version of Holy Avenger.

Err... So, could someone explain the difference? I get the feeling version 2 would be much worse, but I don't know.
Admittedly I haven't used any of the Holy Avenger weapons since I don't have any Paladins, but my understanding is that version 1 gives Holy Avenger and an On Hit: Super-Mords (as it currently does) while version 2 gives just Holy Avenger.

Both versions will have their uses, but version 2 gives players more weapon options since the On Hit: Super-Mords significantly increases the ILR of weapons.
TedRo
Commoner
Commoner

Post by TedRo »

So Driller, I have a Bytor I had put a gold stone on.I wanted to remove this trait in anticipation of these changes so I tried putting in a prismatic + gold stone + Bytor but I was told by the golem the stone was incompatible. How do I remove this?

I also tried all of the on-hit stones and purple
TedRo
Commoner
Commoner

Post by TedRo »

This still seems to not be the case?
Alter Fritz
Baron
Baron

Post by Alter Fritz »

TedRo wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:44 pm So Driller, I have a Bytor I had put a gold stone on.I wanted to remove this trait in anticipation of these changes so I tried putting in a prismatic + gold stone + Bytor but I was told by the golem the stone was incompatible. How do I remove this?

I have also tried to remove it, but to no avail. Will we be able to remove it? Or is this as it is intended?
Frankenstein doesn't scare me...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The stone that adds it, will remove it when you put it and the removal stone in the forge.
Alter Fritz wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:12 am
TedRo wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:44 pm So Driller, I have a Bytor I had put a gold stone on.I wanted to remove this trait in anticipation of these changes so I tried putting in a prismatic + gold stone + Bytor but I was told by the golem the stone was incompatible. How do I remove this?

I have also tried to remove it, but to no avail. Will we be able to remove it? Or is this as it is intended?
Alter Fritz
Baron
Baron

Post by Alter Fritz »

driller wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:17 am The stone that adds it, will remove it when you put it and the removal stone in the forge.
Alter Fritz wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:12 am

Ok, I'll try again.
Frankenstein doesn't scare me...