Queen Beetle

Post suggestions for improvements here.
sphinx
Count
Count

Queen Beetle

Post by sphinx »

Can we get a static spawn for the queen beetle? I have done queen beetle quest or tried on every toon and I have at least 15 I have taken through there. Every time I go there I have to run around the entire place several times for her to be nowhere in the cave. Sometimes zoning out and back in fixes it and sometimes it doesn't. It is very frustrating for all experience levels of players on BSK when one of the first quests can't be completed because she just plain won't spawn or we spend 15 minutes trying to search for her because it is so random.

Spawn her in the back in the same spot and put a bunch of beetles in the way, but she is the buggiest bug around I think.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Queen Beetle

Post by driller »

As soon as you enter, she will spawn after one turn(6 seconds)on enter. After dying, she will respawn after 50 turns(5 minutes).

Pro tip:
Walk along the edge of the map, you will find her.
sphinx wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:40 am Can we get a static spawn for the queen beetle? I have done queen beetle quest or tried on every toon and I have at least 15 I have taken through there. Every time I go there I have to run around the entire place several times for her to be nowhere in the cave. Sometimes zoning out and back in fixes it and sometimes it doesn't. It is very frustrating for all experience levels of players on BSK when one of the first quests can't be completed because she just plain won't spawn or we spend 15 minutes trying to search for her because it is so random.

Spawn her in the back in the same spot and put a bunch of beetles in the way, but she is the buggiest bug around I think.
sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

There has been several times she hasn't spawned at all. She has been in random places several times as well unless ppl have pulled her all the way from the spot she has spawned on the edge where you speak of (and i know where you are talking about from your "pro tip"). I have canvassed the whole map before on different occasions and she hasnt been there. It just seems that she is the most frustrating quest early game.

Its not that I didnt look good enough or couldn't find her after one try. Ppl are always complaining about her on discord. Thought i would bring it up.
The Flying Rodent
Count
Count

Post by The Flying Rodent »

I've never had an issue finding her, but I agree that she can be tricky to find and her spawn location may change. I'd recommend walking around in a big circle at least 'one screen' away from the edge of the cave [so say like 30m or 100ft from the cave's edge], and then position your camera at a low angle and pan it around to try and spot her [similar to how you'd use the camera if you were playing an archer]. She can take a while to appear, and you may have to remove some of her underlings first, but she should eventually appear.
Kazrite Army Members:

Gladdis the Damned
Thanatos
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

driller wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:25 am As soon as you enter, she will spawn after one turn(6 seconds)on enter. After dying, she will respawn after 50 turns(5 minutes).

Pro tip:
sphinx wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:40 am Can we get a static spawn for the queen beetle? I have done queen beetle quest or tried on every toon and I have at least 15 I have taken through there. Every time I go there I have to run around the entire place several times for her to be nowhere in the cave. Sometimes zoning out and back in fixes it and sometimes it doesn't. It is very frustrating for all experience levels of players on BSK when one of the first quests can't be completed because she just plain won't spawn or we spend 15 minutes trying to search for her because it is so random.

Not sure if typo or not, but 50 turns is 50 minutes, not 5.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Read that as round. One round.
Pretty Fly White Guy wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:38 am
driller wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:25 am As soon as you enter, she will spawn after one turn(6 seconds)on enter. After dying, she will respawn after 50 turns(5 minutes).

Pro tip:

Not sure if typo or not, but 50 turns is 50 minutes, not 5.