Mind Flayers

Post suggestions for improvements here.
sphinx
Count
Count

Mind Flayers

Post by sphinx »

So I took a character to the mind flayers for the quest and omg driller, how much did you buff them? They have a save of 55 will with their apparently new attack. I took my main weapon master down there at 40 just to be sure and they are doing tons of damage when before they weren't near as tough. Makes it super hard for a leveling character to go in there for the quest item.

Mind if I ask why they got buffed so much?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mind Flayers

Post by driller »

Because they where punks and Mind Flayers are supposed to be one of the most feared creatures in the Underdark.
sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

Little too tough for a level 30ish that can't get a group for a quest eh?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You need to use a different strategy when fighting them. Wear a Golden Circlet, isolate them one by one and you should have no issues, they do not have that many hit points.
sphinx wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:41 am Little too tough for a level 30ish that can't get a group for a quest eh?
sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

I think you broke the quest by buffing them. Kille 10 at least snd they havent dropped any organs. They also seem to see right through my hips assassin and still cast even thougg they dont have TS.
sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

Yea they can't attack me directly but cast the aoe constantly even when I am hidden with 65 move silently. They also still act like i am in g sanc when i am invis. They run to me but stand on top of me.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This will be fixed after today's maintenance.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

driller wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:20 am You need to use a different strategy when fighting them. Wear a Golden Circlet, isolate them one by one and you should have no issues, they do not have that many hit points.
sphinx wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:41 am Little too tough for a level 30ish that can't get a group for a quest eh?
Golden Circlet does not help at all. Nor does potion of Clarity. I get a message "Immune mind spells", but I still get the 99 points magical damage. I managed to use another tactic, but I though you should know.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

I tried the same thing Cornflower but I just avoid the area now. No use arguing the point sometimes.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

sphinx wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:18 am I tried the same thing Cornflower but I just avoid the area now. No use arguing the point sometimes.
If you have trouble, PM me and I'll tell you how I did it. First time I didn't think about this change, I just rushed in. Not good....
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Side note: Also, I didn't get a Forgie as reward for the Mind Flayer Quest Item. Don't know if you're always supposed to, but this is the first time I didn't.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It doesn't make you immune to damage, just the mind effects.
Cornflower wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:16 am
driller wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:20 am You need to use a different strategy when fighting them. Wear a Golden Circlet, isolate them one by one and you should have no issues, they do no have that many hit points.
Golden Circlet does not help at all. Nor does potion of Clarity. I get a message "Immune mind spells", but I still get the 99 points magical damage. I managed to use another tactic, but I though you should know.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

If you follow what I said, these guys are easily beaten.
sphinx wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:18 am I tried the same thing Cornflower but I just avoid the area now. No use arguing the point sometimes.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

A few days ago I went to the Mind Flayers and was hit with 130 sonic attack, I failed the save!! I thought the Flayers used a PSI attack?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

There isn't a psionic damage type in NWN.