Portal and Way Point System

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Portal and Way Point System

Post by Capt Cliff »

I get the reason for the change but to aid in getting around can you make the map for main floor of the citadel all discovered? The Bordermarch map is all discovered and it makes it easy to find the way point portal after you port in using a book. But the main floor of the citadel is a discover map, the area is unknown unless you wander around. Make the main floor of the citadel all discovered so you can easily find the way point portal when you port in via a book and you are heading back to the Keep to say ID stuff at Foxmores. OR ... have a cheap ID shop in the citadel and the Bordermarch. But the main floor of the citadel should be all discovered. OR ... you can put the portals adjacent to one another ... OR combine the book portal with the way point portal ... anyway ...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Portal and Way Point System

Post by driller »

Ya, I have been meaning to for this for a while, just forgot.
I just remembered why I didn't do that. It would spoil one of the quests.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:36 pm
Ya, I have been meaning to for this for a while, just forgot.
I just remembered why I didn't do that. It would spoil one of the quests.
How about moving the portals rooms so that they are adjacent? If you port into the Citadel book portal after a reset the whole level is black and it's a pain figuring out which way to go to find the waypoint portal if you are trying to get back to the Keep! I am not sure it spoils a quest especially if you have done the quest before or if you wander around the whole level discovering the area anyway.

How about putting a doorway on the north wall of the waypoint room with a transition to the Book Portal room that has a doorway with a transition on the south wall of the book portal room that leads to the waypoint room?

Oh, and Bardin's Room ... umm he won't let me in ... tells me to go away ... dam Dwarf!
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Or move the quest to a different level?