Treasure chest

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Treasure chest

Post by Kane0 »

An idea i came across that might be cool.

Imagine a special container that spawns in random locations around the world, moving every few minutes or after being used.
It has a persistent inventory, and if someone comes across it they can take any one item out of it in return for something they put in. And for variety every reset one item is swapped for a random generated one.
If it turns out to be too hard to find perhaps leave a note or something when it moves with a hint on its next destination.

The concept might need fleshing out but thought it would be neat from a treasure hunting and sharing/interaction point of view.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Re: Treasure chest

Post by Cornflower »

Another similar idea I've seen elsewhere was a "charity chest". It was a persistant chest that you could drop items that you didn't need, so that low-level characters could browse through and see if there was anything interesting in it.

It was logged to prevent abuse, but as far as I know, it wasn't abused. People in general followed the displayed rules.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Yeah I suggested that a while back but Driller made the decision not to on that one, due to anti-muling and pro-PC interaction reasons IIRC.
Terankar
Knight
Knight

Post by Terankar »

Perhaps even make it a miniboss? a lot like the chest, create a harder mob so you feel rewarded when you kill it? maybe so tough that you need other players to kill it?
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Are we really in need of more things to kill? The concept was more on the exploration.
If you want to include an element of challenge perhaps hide, lock and/or trap it but not so much that lowbies can't give it a go.