Higher DMG on spells.

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Omnifarious
Knight
Knight

Higher DMG on spells.

Post by Omnifarious »

I think certain evocation magic spells should scale up in damage with focus in evocation too counter balance the elemental resistances you can get on items.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Re: Higher DMG on spells.

Post by Cornflower »

Easy way to do that is to de-nerf the nerfed spells.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
The Flying Rodent
Count
Count

Post by The Flying Rodent »

IGMS should probably stay as is, and that spell has no save anyway, so it wouldn't benefit from a damage increase from Evocation focus.

I mean, having a High DC on Evocation spells generally means higher damage anyway, as most evocation damage spells with saved attached [i.e. not Ice Storm or IGMS] are Reflex Save for 1/2 Damage. What would probably be more appropriate is just increasing the damage cap on some of them to increase with caster levels beyond 20, which is what has happened with a bunch of spells already. Maybe it could happen with some other ones?
Kazrite Army Members:

Gladdis the Damned
Thanatos
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

The Flying Rodent wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:23 pm IGMS should probably stay as is, and that spell has no save anyway, so it wouldn't benefit from a damage increase from Evocation focus.

I mean, having a High DC on Evocation spells generally means higher damage anyway, as most evocation damage spells with saved attached [i.e. not Ice Storm or IGMS] are Reflex Save for 1/2 Damage. What would probably be more appropriate is just increasing the damage cap on some of them to increase with caster levels beyond 20, which is what has happened with a bunch of spells already. Maybe it could happen with some other ones?
As usual, you're right.

Last time this discussion was up, driller was very pragmatic and clear, basically he said something like: So, which spells did you have in mind, and exactly what did you want changed?

I think if we came up with a reasonable wish-list, it might happen to some extent.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Terankar
Knight
Knight

Post by Terankar »

Melfs acid arrow. 3d6+1d6 every round after.
suggestion: same innate, increase dmg by 1d6 on cast and 1d6 every round for every 10th level. maxes out on lvl 40 caster, making it 7d6+5d6.
Also max round after cast to be 10 rounds.

just a spell i think needs some love.