Arcane Archer

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Humiz
Count
Count

Arcane Archer

Post by Humiz »

Hi driller!
Arcane Archer's, were not "smoking" up our money, we are firering them at others.
So I was wondering if it would be possible for any Arcane Archer's loot chest to have a, let say, a 10% increased chance to drop better than normal arrows.
I don't mean Shalnath one-shot arrows, just better than 'Normal Arrows', that is, better than no extra dmg.
If this is not possible, maby a increased 'Dak socked stone' drop chans.

Thanks
Humiz

PS. If this is already the case, never mind. DS.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Re: Arcane Archer

Post by Cornflower »

Actually, arrows can be made very cheap if you're satisified with the +D10 ones you can make yourself when you get the "arrow-maker-thingy".

I do that for my AA, then I save the hugely expensive Isaac's arrows to the tough boss fights where I really need them.
Also, you can be lucky and find bows with unlimited ammo. According to rumour, you can also Forge a bow with unlimited ammo, but the Forge stone you need for that, I have never seen in seven months of heavy looting.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Humiz
Count
Count

Post by Humiz »

Thanks Cornflower for you'r helpful answer.

Forge a bow with unlimited ammo sounds realy nice.
I hope the rumour is true.

Thanks
Humiz
Fenrip1
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Fenrip1 »

Unless something's been changed, the rumor is definitely true.

My favorite all time item was a fully forged bow used by my sneaky sniper. Can't imagine how much I saved on arrows.
diegooz
Commoner
Commoner

Post by diegooz »

Cornflower wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:17 am Also, you can be lucky and find bows with unlimited ammo. According to rumour, you can also Forge a bow with unlimited ammo, but the Forge stone you need for that, I have never seen in seven months of heavy looting.
Hello corn, I have looted some bow with unlimited arrow, the problem is that arrow are only 1d6 cold or fire now I don't remember.
I have 2 rare stones {2 different color} and I want ask you in game if are for unlimited ammo.
But the real question is if I got unlimited ammo, what type of ammo I got?

I hope you understand my English learned by playing video games ahahahah.
Login: Deegolas
My toons:
- Deegolas
- Bubbaz Forg'Stone
- Miracco Mando
- Merin "LittleBoy"
- Elvana Foglia Verde
- Elvana Battl'witch
- Elvana Lia Priestess .... the barbarian
....and more Elvana is same me
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

diegooz wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:25 am
Cornflower wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:17 am Also, you can be lucky and find bows with unlimited ammo. According to rumour, you can also Forge a bow with unlimited ammo, but the Forge stone you need for that, I have never seen in seven months of heavy looting.
Hello corn, I have looted some bow with unlimited arrow, the problem is that arrow are only 1d6 cold or fire now I don't remember.
I have 2 rare stones {2 different color} and I want ask you in game if are for unlimited ammo.
But the real question is if I got unlimited ammo, what type of ammo I got?

I hope you understand my English learned by playing video games ahahahah.
There's one Forge stone that gives random unlimited ammo. Since I have never found the right stone, I don't know what kind of ammo and how much damage. If you find me in game, I will tell you the color, but since i don't know what it does specifically, I'm not sure it helps.

As far as I have found out, that specific stone only has a chance to drop in an area which is (almost) impossible to solo, so you need a couple of lvl 40-characters to even have a chance of finding it. Since that's not going to happen any time soon for me, I have Forged (with help from a friend) a bow with very good specs, but I still use the ammo you can make yourself (d10) or buy. I use the bow with unlimited ammo for mobs, then I pull out the Forged bow when I fight Bosses.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)