Ugmah Mage are too easy.

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Re: Ugmah Mage are too easy.

Post by Yunim »

To follow on from my previous post, after a bit more testing it seems the AC problem is due to Epic Mage Armor.
The mage goes from 86 AC, which is high but hittable, to 106 AC which can only be hit by a select number of Arcane Archer builds.

Can you consider either removing Epic Mage Armor or changing it to Mage Armor please?
90 AC is even tougher, but it is still hittable for high AB builds.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Which would mean they have +0 Armor, Deflection and Natural bonus before casting EMA.
Just change where their AC comes from (so not all dodge bonus) and EMA won't boost it so much, as it adds +5 to those three types plus dodge (which always stacks).
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

Thanks for fixing the mage AC driller.
I didn't do enough testing to work out what their new AC is after casting Epic Mage Armor, but I let a few mages fully buff themselves and I was still able to hit them.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Sorry, I didn't change anything.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

In that case I'm not sure what happened.
The mages cast Epic Mage Armor as normal, but I didn't have any trouble hitting them even after letting them finish casting all of their spells.
I let at least 3 mages fully buff themselves too, so it doesn't seem to be just a lucky occurrence.
Anyway the mages are now tough but killable rather than unhittable, so I don't have any complaints.
Horrigoth
Knight
Knight

Post by Horrigoth »

I understand from previous messages that the area should be lvl 40.

However, since it is possible for under 40 to survive there with the right build, it would make logical sense in my opinion, if slaying a mage gave more XP.

The reason I say this is, if I am not mistaken, you get the same amount of XP for a mage and for the normal mobs in that zone. This seems quite illogical to me considering the mages' lethality, by any RPG standards.

And by this I am not saying they should be giving 1000 XP per pop so people can grind the hell out of the area. I mean just even a "gesture" XP boost compared to the others, like 100 more or so. You know, to say, good job, here's a reward...

Any input?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

For some builds, they are not lethal at all.
Horrigoth wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:23 pm I understand from previous messages that the area should be lvl 40.

However, since it is possible for under 40 to survive there with the right build, it would make logical sense in my opinion, if slaying a mage gave more XP.

The reason I say this is, if I am not mistaken, you get the same amount of XP for a mage and for the normal mobs in that zone. This seems quite illogical to me considering the mages' lethality, by any RPG standards.

And by this I am not saying they should be giving 1000 XP per pop so people can grind the hell out of the area. I mean just even a "gesture" XP boost compared to the others, like 100 more or so. You know, to say, good job, here's a reward...

Any input?