The Mummy Dust Mummy

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Re: The Mummy Dust Mummy

Post by Sorcy Sid »

It's not your luck. I'm going to make a post to Beamdog.
Kane0 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:33 pm AI is still dumb as a brick though, not sure if that can be fixed.
It seems to be just him, ignoring commands more often than other summons. Or maybe thats just my luck.
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
Douglas Thurman
Count
Count

Post by Douglas Thurman »

Okay update on Underdark and the mummy. Driders still take him apart but just the warriors. They have swords. The regular driders are back to normal against him. Bebeliths are scary. Not the random spawns, but I wandered into an egg thingy and Whoa! Umgah are doable...except for the mages. May the camels of a billion fleas infest their nostrils.

Overall I like the tweaks. I forgot about the blunt vulnerability and had to back away from some fights. And for the love of all that is good and holy...if you meet fire elementals...do not let him engage! LOL!
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

I'm not sure where that Bludgeoning vulnerability is supposed to be coming from, it's not an Undead type or a Mummy thing.
Douglas Thurman
Count
Count

Kane0 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:47 pm I'm not sure where that Bludgeoning vulnerability is supposed to be coming from, it's not an Undead type or a Mummy thing.
It's a Driller thing?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It's a Blackstone thing.
Kane0 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:47 pm I'm not sure where that Bludgeoning vulnerability is supposed to be coming from, it's not an Undead type or a Mummy thing.
Douglas Thurman
Count
Count

So I've been doing some testing with the brain dead mummy. When he goes all comatose and decides not to attack anything, I go through a transition and then back to the area and he's okay for about 5 minutes. Case in point. The Arid Wastes and the Brigands. When he goes numb, I hit the leader tent (Kill all inside) and he's good. Go back out, he's good for a while. Anyone else confirm this?
The Flying Rodent
Count
Count

Post by The Flying Rodent »

Douglas Thurman wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:08 pm So I've been doing some testing with the brain dead mummy. When he goes all comatose and decides not to attack anything, I go through a transition and then back to the area and he's okay for about 5 minutes. Case in point. The Arid Wastes and the Brigands. When he goes numb, I hit the leader tent (Kill all inside) and he's good. Go back out, he's good for a while. Anyone else confirm this?
I’ve had mixed results with this. Occasionally sending a mummy through a transition will help it, and other times it can stuff it up when it was working fine beforehand. Worth a shot if your mummy is already stuffed, at the very least.

I’ve also noticed that Protect (VWR) seems to be more reliable for getting the mummy to attack something than Attack Nearest (VWE). I’m guessing that the ‘Protect’ command has a shorter range than ‘Attack Nearest’ , which means the Mummy doesn’t have to look as hard for targets and so doesn’t get as confused.

Ironically, the best cure I’ve found for the mummy’s Brain Farts ... is to party up with someone else who has a Mummy. The summon seems to behave a lot better with friends, for some reason.
Kazrite Army Members:

Gladdis the Damned
Thanatos
Douglas Thurman
Count
Count

[/quote]
Ironically, the best cure I’ve found for the mummy’s Brain Farts ... is to party up with someone else who has a Mummy. The summon seems to behave a lot better with friends, for some reason.
[/quote]

I JUST noticed that part. When in party with another mummy wielder they work better.
donojono
Commoner
Commoner

Post by donojono »

A Wizard can heal the mummy with NEG burst/ EMP and Max Burst also and NEG ray. it should heal for 2 x due to being negative damage also.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Neat feature and a use for lower level slots actually