New arrows are awesome, can they be even better?

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

New arrows are awesome, can they be even better?

Post by Cornflower »

I've been running around with my AA and tried out the new arrows against undead/constructs. They are awesome! Thank you!

Not to be greedy, but the DC for the Insta-kill is kinda low when you get to higher level monsters, so just a humble suggestion:

Perhaps the DC of the arrows could be increased just a bit? Perhaps if it's technically possible to add a bonus related to the AA level? Like half the AA:s arrow enchantment? That would, for a maxed out AA at level 30, add another 7-8 to the DC of 14. Feels reasonable. More would allow you to insta-kill bosses, which feels wrong somehow.

Anyway, just a suggestion. I love the arrows as is.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Re: New arrows are awesome, can they be even better?

Post by Kane0 »

The DC for many class abilities don't really scale (or scale well) once you get into epic. I think Dragon Disciple breath weapon is an example?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

They do extra damage if they do not outright kill the mob. I think the DC is fine, otherwise I may as well just enable dev crit.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Having just levelled up an AA a bit, they altered arrows are indeed nice (maybe i'm using Seeking and Hail wrong though?)

Did I miss a memo that these changes were going in?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I forgot about it. Hail and Seeker have been update also. Let me know if they are ok.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Perhaps have Fireball arrow deal 2d4 per AA level, Feeker arrow automatically hit with a crit threat and Hail of Arrows act like an Isaac's swarm or apply a debuff to all those it hits?
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

OR just change the arrows so they take up one attack like Ki Damage or Smite Evil rather than a whole action (which can't be hastened to half a turn), so you can keep spitting out arrows instead of standing there sucking on your thumb.