Aildreck's Tomb

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Aildreck's Tomb

Post by Mask-inc »

Could it be set to what it was before with the door that lock itself up instead of what it is right now.
As a non pvp area. if you happen to be the first in but you are either waiting for a friend or have something else to do at this moment, anyone can just enter after you with a small group and go steal your raid.
Personally i really dislike that, same idea behind the Lost City, it happened to me before twice at least, had folks just run by me in greater sanctuary or invisible and they killed the dragon before i got there, even chat with a few and they didn't care.
So again, could either those place be more self contain or could full PvP be allowed.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
SkyBlues87
Duke
Duke

Re: Aildreck's Tomb

Post by SkyBlues87 »

Personally would prefer the ability to lock the door from inside to stop this loot stealing thus only people in party with the one in can join the in the raid not another group/party... Much better than making another PvP area..
Where there is a will there will be a way...
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

SkyBlues87 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:08 am Much better than making another PvP area..
+1
The PvP zone should not grow.
Of course, it's bad if someone has bad manners, but this is not a reason to shift the server towards PvP.
Kalizzle
Count
Count

Post by Kalizzle »

sergeil wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:26 pm
SkyBlues87 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:08 am Much better than making another PvP area..
+1
The PvP zone should not grow.
Of course, it's bad if someone has bad manners, but this is not a reason to shift the server towards PvP.
He's not exactly suggesting shifting the server as a whole to pvp but certain raid areas...which I completely agree with. Should be a first come first serve basis.
-Lady Sabel
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

As i’ve said in my past Aildrek’s post, any area that requires you to compete over rewards/loot, should be a PVP area. Otherwise, what’s stopping someone from making a speedy monk and camping all those areas until they open and running past players for the loot.

People think people are just wanting an open PvP server. This is not the case. Cause if I waited for you to get to one of those areas, and ran past you to steal the loot. You’d be wanting to kill/tell a DM. Which would result of nothing cause as of right now, it’s allowed.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

One of the leaders of Legion of Terror
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Sway wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:16 am ... any area that requires you to compete over rewards/loot, should be a PVP area.
Separate loot for each party member avoids this. There is no reason to force people to fight each other.
Now I can't even imagine what it would be like if the loot was shared.
The whole server environment speaks for itself - "Guys, let's live together" .
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

Aildreck's tomb needs a full rework anyhow. kinda stale and other than the end boss.. really no challenge.
There was a time when this was a semi-tough zone.. but like almost all the old "raid" zones..
power creep and players knowing every monster, trap and puzzle
has turned all these zones into what I call
"Shampoo Raids" Lather..Rinse..Repeat....
honestly when was the last time you felt challenged in any of these old zones?

I would also vote to have normal Shally removed and make Big Shally the end raid of that arc.
Again there was a time when normal Shally was a big deal.. not so much now.

just my two cents..
Peace

Lady Panacea Stormwatcher
Elsbeth Stormwatcher
Smoochie
Baron
Baron

Post by Smoochie »

i don't know if i would rework the whole thing.

sure, if we have a sizeable party any raid can be beaten. the TOUGHEST challenge is forming a sizeable party (and of the proper toon builds). we can't beat any raid without a decent party. as we all know, players come and go with the wind sometimes. players that stay (for a long time) get to the know the raids in grand detail, and that is to theirs and others benefit. somedays we just flat out can't find enough players to do raids, and then none are done. a prime example would be the horde event. i love the horde event, but i have had to sit and wait for a hour or two just to get a party of 8.

if you are new to the server, then you are relying on the veterans to guide you (Lather..Rinse..Repeat lol). if you are new to the server, and unaware of what the raids demand, you will get smoked.

i like all the raids, and i have fun with new members and the old. if i were to change anything in the Aildreck raid, it might be the Draco heals to alleviate lag, but overall i like all the raids. some are a blast even if its the same thing we did last time. we have only beaten big shal maybe once in the last month or so, and you have to have a party of veterans to even try it. i think some of the lesser raids need to stay as is. when a new player comes in, they need to get their feet wet if they want to be a raider, and learn what is needed to beat an end game boss. these lessons can be brutal even in success. i wouldn't want to make the lesser raids harder, just to avoid discouraging new players from trying them and feeling a sense of hopelessness in BSK.
Ryn Wildcat - Aspiring Crafter.
Song Lu - Punchy McPunchalot
Abi Blackborn - Dwarven Painstaker
Sun Flower - The Caregiver
Oni Hikikomori - The Lost
Joan - Queen of the Horde
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Cybermagi wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:37 amAgain there was a time when normal Shally was a big deal.. not so much now.
Shally is not big deal to do for skilled party of high optimized builds in good crafted gear. In case of new players in standard equipment it is serious and challenging fight. For old skilled teams there is Big Shally.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

This post is not about raids per say or having them upgraded up to today standar, it's about setting those areas as full open PvP so that players can do something to stop others from basically stealing said raid instead of just watching and not being able to do anything to stop any of these.
It would also open the counter-raid aspect of raids, which could be kinda fun i think.

Mask

Minion- Impling
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Post by Drow Arrow »

Not sure how I feel about the "counter raid" scenario BUUUUUT, i am in favour of areas like Aildrek's Tomb being set to Full PvP given the previously stated issues/scenarios.

honestly makes sense, actions have consequences if one party is starting to gather and has managed to get to the tomb first but they're not quite prepped yet and another group tries barging in they should be allowed to defend what is effectively their stake/claim on the raid.. may the better party win, then to the victor go the spoils.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Avalius Meadsmith
Gharbad Meadsmith
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Post by Mask-inc »

Yet again, same happened. i got inside the tomb. I saw someone opening the gate, a second player zoom by me, they both ran all the way to aildreck. funny we were both by the last of the 3 gates to it'S portal, i was trying to get them to join for half the chest, silence, nothing. so i send a toon back to open, one stayed behind and the other just ran to aildreck to get the loots. really enjoyable experience. again if the place had pvp allowed, wouldn't be the case, the didn't wanted to negotiate at all, just get the loots for themself.

Mask

Minion- Impling
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

Mask, you have bad fame. IMHO, people just avoid you...
Now you try to force PvP rules in Aildreck's tomb... By what reason? Because nobody wants join you? It is very weak reason to have the right to kill another people if they don't want accept you.
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

I do not remember any case when any of my characters were abandoned.

Join Pavlo and let's do this world better together.
bthorns
Baron
Baron

Post by bthorns »

Maybe have less smaller chests at the end that use the keys and have it be like a normal chest drop where everyone can loot the chest?