A bit of the History of Los Illuminados Alianza, from the Lore Master personal Archives

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

A bit of the History of Los Illuminados Alianza, from the Lore Master personal Archives

Post by Mask-inc »

**From the journal of Mort De Kreed, first Spy Master and co-founder of L.I.A.**
-Deep below the lands of Forlorn-

Moving swiftly through the grand hall towards the council chamber gate someone moves, to those who loiter here, he is nothing but a swirling in the cloying mist that hangs in the air. Within moments, he appears in the nearly completed council chamber.

Being informed that one of the Guild Master chairs is occupied is surprising to say the least considering the level of warding guarding and concealing the guild, until learning who occupies it of course...

"Greeting Strange One." he speaks, shedding his concealing magic’s and deceptive ways, startling one of the wretched construction gnomes in the process. The gnome, a creature that bears little resemblance to its once noble background, broken through long months of back breaking labor and malnourishment, into some sort of cowering twisted toady.
"Leave us" he says to the wretched being, and simpering in the sight of the one who has driven it so hard for so long it swiftly leaves.

"The construction goes well it seems." says the seated figure.

"Aye." And tossing his helm upon the black marble table in the centre of the room, he takes a seat opposite his fellow master. "The halls are nearly complete...finally. These wretched gnomes appear incapable of completing the place to our schedule. If it were possible I’d throw them all to the Garth'AK right now." rubbing his brow a moment he continues, "But if I did that, this task would take longer still..."

Chuckling beneath his full faced mask, the figure says "Later, there is no reason that we can't enjoy a little sport after the halls are complete and how is our... little pet setting in his new home?"

"It appears to be quiet at the moment, it hasn’t tried to break the enchantments for several days now, I believe the heat is having a calming effect upon it, well as much as a twisted mutant spawn from some untold hell dimension can be considered 'calm'."

"Good, good. There are still many secrets from it that I wish to extract, yes. And now to the reason for my visit. How aware of recent events above are you?"

"Not very. Construction has kept me busy, but I am aware that what laughingly can be called a Guild of Wizards has recently shown its presence within the city of Forlorn."
"However in the brief few moments I have spent up top. I was unable to locate any of my sources, so have gained very little further knowledge. I take it that your presence here means that there is movement?"

"'Movement' most certainly, Things are moving much faster than i ..hmm... we had previously anticipated."

"Oh? In what way" and sitting more upright studies his fellow Guild Master, noticing for the fist time several tears in the wizard robe and a slight sign of weariness in his form. "You haven’t loosed some other unspeakable creature upon the populace above, have you? The last time was more than enough for me. And with what happened to Morg, well, the less said the better; we never did find all of him you know…."

Another chuckle "No, no, not at all. But I do appear to have stirred up a hornets nest... or three." Glancing down at himself the wizard brushes his fingers lightly over the damaged areas of his clothing, small sparks of light flickering from his fingertips, curling and twisting around and through his clothing, invisibly mending and cleaning them.

As he begins to detail the events of the last few days and his involvement in them, he moves his hands in an intricate manner and small ethereal figures dance across the table’s surface displaying the more prominent events.
The tale he tells elicits a degree of interest in his audience of one but he remains silent throughout the telling, occasionally moving nearer to the figures as if trying to discern some key fact about them.
As the tale concludes the figures explode in a rainbow of sparks that rain down around the chamber.

The two remain silent a moment, then "I see. You may have brought us into direct conflict with your actions Wizard. This is earlier than we had initially planned, but I can see that you acted on the opportunity presented. Are we prepared?"

"We are, yes, the others are gathering those that are loyal to us and are ensuring that they have the equipment to meet the challenges we will face in the coming days."

"Good. I think it's time for me to bring my own skills to bear on this." Standing he grabs up his Skull faced helm and moves towards the gate, "coming Old One?"

"Why?" says the masked figure "I'm not even here." and with an echoing chuckle he fades and vanishes.

"Wizards." he mutters and shaking his head folds himself in shadow and enters the gate.

----------------

**From the journal of Sir Andrick Korningstone, Knight Protector and Arms Master of L.I.A.**

....The fight is over.....
Braxxus is dead as the Arcane Society is overwhelmed and worn from battle.
Desecrations Gate is left merely in pieces. They all walk or stumble back to Forlorn for the feast prepared ahead of them.

However, Halaster and his pet Minion, Pieter and myself catch our breaths as we start to look around and see a new beginning. We started to ravage through the town searching the bodies as a few of Halaster’s conjured Imps chew through em. All of a sudden after finding a few gold pieces and some rare artifacts from some corpses, we heard loud marching towards the town of Desecrations Gate from multiple ways.

We all started to become defensive and started drawing our weapons and prepared ourselves for possibly another battle, the battle for the control of Desecrations Gate! The fiends armies arrived and surrounded us, Los Illuminados, as if we were their next piece of meal. We formed a circle making sure each others backs are against each others with the Old Man in the center of the circle.
We were not sure of whom the two armies represented, not beeing able to see any heraldic signs but it was apparently two armies built through centuries of rulers as they were well organized and trained.

Some general or captain had stept foward toward us and said: “This is our town!” and with that, he quickly swung his halberd at me. In reaction, I threw my shield up knowing the blow was going to be painful. The halberd bashed into my shield, as I let out a quick burst filled with anger and pain, fighting back, flailing my hammer around like a wildman. The Mad One, Pieter, and Minion not missing a beat began to cast various spells. Next thing I knew, we had all been separated and we were fighting our own little battle against those demons. I knew I was outnumbered and had no other choice then but to run, however I couldn’t leave my fellow Illiminados to die.

When I saw Halaster again, Minion was still protecting his master flanks while the archmage was going through them as a scythe in a field, fighting back waves after waves of assailants while laughing madly. I never would have imagine that he had so much magic in him... Minion’s tactics were very rogue like he would run to the shadows and hide then suddenly strike upon his master's enemies with everything his little Imp body could push, picking out the weak spots on those behemoths. Halaster, swinging wildly around with his staff and slinging spells all over the place. I ran up and bashed my hammer into two of the warriors that were in reach of Sir Halaster, instantly crushing to a pulp to the ground. Sir Pieter after fighting off a few had fled the battlefield as Halaster and Minion finally followed and I held the bastards off, swing after swing.

We had all met up afterwards in Forlorn, knowing that we would have to wait to get our piece of the pie. Our bodies tattered starting to look like those of the Arcane Society. I looked around at my companions and then to Halaster and said “This day is lost however it has opened more doors for us. We must wait for our opportunity and strike while they are weak. We can crush these fouls, it would not be the first time I have fought any army of this size. If nothing else I have had enough for one day.” I saluted my fellow Illuminados and ventured off to the hideout, patched myself up and found myself wondering what would be in store for us for the next couple of days or what other trouble our illustrious magicien leader would create for us...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrick Korningstone, Arms Master of Los Illiminados Alianza

----------------

***From the journal of Pieter De Geestelijke, High priest of Waukeen and Trade Master of L.I.A.***

Pieter de Geestelijke after seeing his comrades fell one by one and him alone against the devils, he decided retreat was his only option. Frustrated at his god lack of granting him greater sancturary and with devils pursuing him, he escaped to the portal room in Forlorn hoping to appeal to his god once more and return to aid his comrades.
But ... the portal back was closed... So he ported into Dystopia hoping to regain Desolation Gates via Usurper pass and the Lily pond. But as he stepped from the portal pad in Dystopia, the vapor dog guards, always treacherous as rabid dogs, attacked him. Again he appealed to his god for sancturay but again the enemy keep attacking.
With his only mean of helping his fellow guild men thwarted, he fled into the darker regions where the vapor dogs would not follow. He is making his way back to the now devasted guild hall to see what happened to his valiant companions.

----------------

-Deep below the lands of Forlorn-
Los Illuminados Council Room.

An old seemingly broken man is walking back and forth in a devastated council chamber.
*How could this be, how could all those masterful plans come to nothing! What went wrong! Damn them all!!*
A ray of energy streaks from his hand to incinerate an unocupied chair.
Then absently scratching at a missing piece of ear that is quickly growing back he goes on to say.
*We shall see who will have the last laugh, arrogant fiends, oh yes*
*Wait until i have full control of the beast, i shall be the one laughing at their corpses, oh yes! Haaaaaaahaaaa*
Standing by the burning wreakage of the furniture and stroking his long white beard the old man seem to look more and more confident by the moment.
*How they shall regret laughing at me, oh yes. The Garth'AK shall feed well on their marrow or what is left of*
The old man suddently start laughing again.
*Yes, yes, what a splendid idea, yes true inspiration strikes again! Now to work!*
He speak some words of power and desapear in a flash of light.
The flames die as he leaves. several minutes later there is a flash of blinding light and the chair is restored to its original form.

...Later that week in the same building, two personnages are speaking together...

*So, Mort, how are those repairs doing? Did you had the gnomes apply the susbstance i gave you on every surface?*
*What do you expect Old Man? It has been my task to complete this place, i will not see it destroyed, not by the likes of such scum. Pieter as already strenghten the ward again outsiders intrusion, i think that only your magic is needed now to conclude the warding.*
*Excellent, no one shall step over our doors uninvited again, a mistake was made once, it won't happen again. Be sure to pass the word to all our members and associates, transport portals will no longer work inside our halls, it was almost catastrophic*
*Right on that Old One. Let us hope your wards are strong enough this time, or at the very least the Garth'AK is the first thing our 'guests' discover.*
*We shall see, won't we, yes. Now, that we are done with that, get on with that new plan of ours, will you.*
*It is already in hand, already the groundwork is underway, Chance favours the bold as they say.*
*Of course...*

----------------

***From the journal of Pieter De Geestelijke, High priest of Waukeen and Trade Master of L.I.A.***
Forlorn Isle, Dystopia

Pieter de Geestelijke is waiting patiently for a new shipment to arrive at the local Dystopian merchant when a loud bang is heard followed by the ground shaking. Cocking his head up, he smile ... "Yes , yes" he says. "Finally, the event that will shape our Destiny is at hands..." He quickly bolts for the door. "But you shipment master Pieter .." the merchant calls out to him. "I'll be back for it later, an extra 10% for holding it for me." Pieter says over his shoulder and disappears out the door, pick a small token from his pockets and activate it, disapearing in a puff of smoke.

----------------

-Deep below the lands of Forlorn and elsewhere...-
Los Illuminados Alianza Hall, the Garth'AK cell.

An old man is sitting inside a pentagram, mumbling words of power of such might that the air around him can be seem boiling and shimering.
"Garth'AK!!!! OBEY ME!!! Give me all the magic you can muster, i need it now... YES....YES...NOW, while i have the ritual under control!"
A big bang can then be heard all over the islands and the old man bent in two under what seem intense pressure.
"ergh, the pain...but i must!"
After what seem an eternity, the old man finally open his eyes and stand up.
"It has stop shaking, hmm..."
Walking the stairs up to the main entrance, a slim smile seem to be spreading on his face.
Opening the door, intence light, wind and cold suddently assail him.
"It did work, how splendid, oh yes, but by Shar Breath, why another island!!! I think i will have to give a little snack to the Garth'AK none the less, ah well.."
He finally burst in a mad laugh, the sound of which can be eard by no one or so it seem, in this new desolate area.
"Just perfect...this time, oh yes, PERFECT!, time to put things in motion once more..far from old ennemies."

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank