Arcane Order

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.
StarChild
Count
Count

Arcane Order

Post by StarChild »

Daylin Thaed

"From what I've heard, never was there a Kazrite within the Arcane Order. My question is ... why?" Daylin thought out loud as he was thinking about the trip he was planning. He was going to look for the tower. "Has the tower been destroyed? What of the bloody isle it is said to be upon?"

"Lets see. I have everything." Daylin began to itemize his sacks. "Rapier... check. Spellbook. Check. Now where is that scroll. Ah yes. The scroll. If they do not open the door for me. Then I am sure this scroll will allow me entrance." Daylin had a wicked smile. "Alright, I'm looking for Angelus or Solanova. I'll make sure if I dont find them then... they will find me"

Daylin K. Thaed
Properly Interpreted - The Day Of Death -
"...The wind wizard with attitude… and perfect hair"
AVAILABLE NOW!! Live Their Lives. Walk Their Adventures. Join Them...
http://TheDa-MaiSaga.webs.com
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Re: Arcane Order

Post by Caesius »

The sun sets bathing the hamlet in orange and purple twilight. As the scene darkens, a light peeks out from a small basement window of one of the houses while the rest of the community goes to bed to prepare for another long day of farming.

Within this basement, Eridani Solanova sorts through various bits of accumulated junk that she had found in her travels.

"Greenstone... greenstone... aventurine... choking powder.... an arrow... some broken piece of pottery... nothing."

Eri sighes at the lack of progress then reaches for an orange sitting in a nearby fruit bowl.

"There's got to be more artifacts hidden by the Order but where?"

While looking out the window and peeling the orange without really thinking about it, she watches the last throes of daylight become drowned by the inky blackness of the star filled sky.

It was not long before heavy booted feet clomped down the stairs in an unnaturally even pace.

Eri smiled knowing who it was just by the sound of footsteps. "I think we need to work on your stealth skills Sandy."

Turning around, the Eldritch Knight was greeted by the sight of an armor clad stone statue with golden orbs for eyes. The statue was of a woman, her hair was sculpted into a bob with a center part. The expressionless face betraying no emotion... If stone golems were capable of such a thing...

"I was constructed to serve as part of a structured defense and not for reconnaissance."

"Yeah, yeah, it was a joke Sandy, sheesh."

"Acknowledged."

"I think we need to work on your sense of humor too. What's up? Find anything interesting?"

"Negative. No new Arcane Order resources have been located."

Eri pops a slice of orange into her mouth then sighs looking back at the night sky. "Ah well..." then the golem continued:

"However I did encounter an individual making inquiries about the Arcane Order."

Swallowing her piece of orange Eri's interest is piqued. "Really? Who?"

Sandy remained motionless as she continued her report in her usual detached and monotone fashion. "A genasi known as Daylin Thaed."

Really? Hmm... I wonder if he might have found a clue about what happened to the Order...

"I am unable to speculate on what he knows."

"I was posing that question to myself Sandy. I am well aware that you don't know what he knows."

"Acknowledged."

Rolling up her eyes at the hopelessly dull company that a golem could make Eri gets ready to head out. "Well I'm tired of going through this junk. I'm going to go and ask him what he knows about the Order. You stay here and guard the place Sandy."

"Affirmative. I shall guard this house until your return."

And with that, the young mage headed out in search of this Daylin fellow for a chance to compare notes...
The only constant is change.
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

Daylin Thaed

"Hopefully he can find a way to this... Starkson Isle" Daylin thought of Zim as he approached the docks. "Funny... that looks like Solanova. The one I met when I first came here."

Indeed it was Eridani. Daylin spoke with Eri for hours that day in the inn. They even had a visitor. Reaver, with whom Daylin spoke to earlier that day. Daylin did not reveal to Eri who Reaver truly was. Instead, he introduced him as a drunk uncle. After hours of conversation and being fed up with Daylin's circular answers Eri asked "Then just who do you suggest lead this new Arcane Order Daylin? Only archmages have been known to lead it in the past."

"Archmages? Pah. Yes Eridani that was how things were in the past. Look at where we are today. Look around you. We are for all intensive purposes this lands only archmage's. There are no greater wizards in Blackstone besides the two in this room. Foxmore is powerful yes, but he is also and idiot and idiots dont count. Think about it my friend. We can share the leadership. You and I. We can even have a third associate if you wish. Balance things out a bit. But we must restablish the Arcane Order. It can be the first guild of our new world. And a light to magi everywhere. A light to everyone... everywhere. What do you say?"

Daylin rubbed his hands together awaiting Eri's answer. He could not help but think how it would effect society to have a Kazrite in a leadership position in one of the worlds most powerful organizations.

Daylin K. Thaed
Properly Interpreted - The Day Of Death -
"...The wind wizard with attitude… and perfect hair"
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

In the snow-capped snow peaks of the Blackstone Mountains, the icy winds howled like a mourning banshee in the dead of night. The weather was taking a turn for the worst, so much so that the bugbear bandits had retreated to their caves. Any unfortunate hunter caught in the sub-zero conditions was pitted against the most basic conflict since the beginning of time: Man versus Nature. The latest snowfall had covered the main road through the Frozen Forest and no shipments had reached the ever reclusive mountain-side town of Bordermarch. Food and other basic resources were becoming scarce for the few brave enough to call this frozen wasteland their home.

The shutters on the windows rattled in the wailing winds outside. The floorboards creaked as the support beams groaned under the subtle shifting. It was also though the small house was shivering against the intolerable cold of the night. An unnatural fire was the only source of light in this single roomed shack. The flames burned hotter than any other, being fueled by something far more potent than wood or coal. The tendrils of light stretched out across the room, casting a troupe of shadows to dance across the walls and ceiling. The room was not empty though, for this was the home of Bordermarch's newest Witch. Suspended by dark magic, she was curled up with her knees tucked under her chin and arms wrapped around her legs. Her cloak hugged around her shoulders, casting a velvet shroud of protection against the chill. All around her she could hear the whispers. They were always there, but made silent by the happenings of everyday life. She could hear them all now that she listened.

Her eyes flashed open when she had heard enough. She added her own to the shadows by whispering aloud, "It's time. I'm ready."

She had recently become her own master. She had come to realize the power she thought she was siphoning from the arcane world was really being created and conjured by her own will. She had mastered her craft, and now she was ready to breathe life back into something once forgotten. Her whispers would be heard by those who listened: Eri Solanova, Daylin Thaed, Coris Reyne, and so many of the others she had met over the last few weeks. They would hear her voice, and perhaps not even realize that she spoke with the very words of her ancestor one thousand years ago. It was time for something big.

"The Arcane Order... let us be reborn."

Soon Serena Angelus will return to the warm shores of Blackstone Keep. Soon, if they do not seek her out, she will find them.
Last edited by Gibbo on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZOMFGOMBIES!
StarChild
Count
Count

Post by StarChild »

///This is going to be fun. As a warning to the entire arcane order OOC. Beware of Sphevios -Eroi. He has a hatred for the arcane and secretly considers them a threat. Only psions have place in Blackstone. By the way depending on which build I like the best the other build will be killed off in an rp event much the way Wynter was killed.
Gibbo
Duke
Duke

Post by Gibbo »

\\ well, seeing as I don't think there are any other new guilds on the server yet, it should be interesting to figure out if there are any takers. Caes and I did a banging job keeping the BSK1 AO going for a few years, and then Jonathas and others did some good work after our play time got limited. It's time to revive a good thing, and I'm willing to spearhead the project. The past AO has never had a guild hall on BSK1, so I'm not even afraid to launch out into this uncharted territory without a homebase. Besides... pesky psions and oppressive losers can't attack a mage tower if there's no tower to attack =)

Caesius: Whenever you find some free time from the struggles of a stressful new job ( *winku* ), we'll discuss some of the more logistical details of hierarchies and infrastructure. It worked really well in the past because it was a standalone system that could be lead by anyone... just so happened no one wanted the job lol.

If anyone's interested and frequents the forums, shoot me a PM with your player and character name. i'll be sure to bump into you IG with Serena Angelus. At current, the Arcane Order will graciously consider any applicant that has access to arcane spell casting (including warlocks! and some prestige classes). In the past, we would roleplay out an entry exam that tested the caster's knowledge of their craft, and also get some perspective on how the character views arcane magic... but that could drastically change after the founders get to talking again! \\
ZOMFGOMBIES!
Nizzle
Count
Count

Post by Nizzle »

Gibbo wrote:\\ well, seeing as I don't think there are any other new guilds on the server yet, it should be interesting to figure out if there are any takers. Caes and I did a banging job keeping the BSK1 AO going for a few years, and then Jonathas and others did some good work after our play time got limited.\\
// Ahh, homie love! :D
I have a rendezvous with Death
At some disputed barricade,
It may be he shall take my hand
Lead me into his dark land
Close my eyes and quench my breath
I have a rendezvous with Death
I to my pledged word am true,
I shall not fail that rendezvous
King Hargan
Commoner
Commoner

Post by King Hargan »

that was a cool read, but that yellow font is terrible to see/read. i had to highlight the post to read the yellow parts. well done otherwise