Error with Low-XP mode

Report any bugs you find here.
bthorns
Baron
Baron

Error with Low-XP mode

Post by bthorns »

I decided to try the mode of leveling where you get less experience from quests and a "reward" item from quest completion. It worked great but I have had a couple of instances where it errors "Too many instructions". The quest would complete, the item I needed to turn in to complete it would still be in my inventory, I would get the normal quest reward (XP and money and stone or something like that), but I would not get the "reward" item from low experience mode. Should I stop leveling?

Brettly
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error with Low-XP mode

Post by driller »

It just a simple while loop that goes through your party and looks to see what the quest state is. Sounds like a game engine bug. Evidently the function sees your party size as infinite. I will add a counter to break out of the function after a certain amount of tries.
bthorns wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:15 am I decided to try the mode of leveling where you get less experience from quests and a "reward" item from quest completion. It worked great but I have had a couple of instances where it errors "Too many instructions". The quest would complete, the item I needed to turn in to complete it would still be in my inventory, I would get the normal quest reward (XP and money and stone or something like that), but I would not get the "reward" item from low experience mode. Should I stop leveling?

Brettly
bthorns
Baron
Baron

Post by bthorns »

Awesome thanks!

Here is a screenshot of my latest error, after turning in the 2nd Advisor quest in Oasis.
20210910112901_1.jpg
20210910112901_1.jpg (448.63 KiB) Viewed 4835 times
bthorns
Baron
Baron

Post by bthorns »

Just tried some more, it is still giving Too Many Instructions :(
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Does your PC have nothing but Magic Bags full of items?
bthorns wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:42 am Just tried some more, it is still giving Too Many Instructions :(
bthorns
Baron
Baron

Post by bthorns »

driller wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:30 pm Does your PC have nothing but Magic Bags full of items?
bthorns wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:42 am Just tried some more, it is still giving Too Many Instructions :(
What do you mean?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

How many items do you have in your inventory?
bthorns wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:50 pm
driller wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:30 pm Does your PC have nothing but Magic Bags full of items?
What do you mean?
bthorns
Baron
Baron

Post by bthorns »

Oh, there is plenty of room for sure, at least a couple tabs open. I will pay more attention to it though, maybe it was trying to drop a polearm and I didn't have room there.

It's not a huge deal, I might be one of few people doing the low-XP mode, lol.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I cannot duplicate the error even with your character.
bthorns wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:37 pm Oh, there is plenty of room for sure, at least a couple tabs open. I will pay more attention to it though, maybe it was trying to drop a polearm and I didn't have room there.

It's not a huge deal, I might be one of few people doing the low-XP mode, lol.
bthorns
Baron
Baron

Post by bthorns »

It was working fine with no problems up until I got to Oasis. Odd.
Lomilinator
Baron
Baron

Post by Lomilinator »

I had the same issue - no item from first oasis quest. Took a screenshot if that helps. Was running two toons, but only one of them was on the low XP path. Both got the message about too many instructions, and both got stones. Low XP toon got reduced XP and stones but no item. Think there was reasonable inventory room but can't say for certain. Haven't done any more oasis quests since, but did one of the Bordermarch ones and got an item as expected.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you want the screenshot - think it's saved somewhere...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Thank you both, that was helpful.
Lomilinator wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:21 am I had the same issue - no item from first oasis quest. Took a screenshot if that helps. Was running two toons, but only one of them was on the low XP path. Both got the message about too many instructions, and both got stones. Low XP toon got reduced XP and stones but no item. Think there was reasonable inventory room but can't say for certain. Haven't done any more oasis quests since, but did one of the Bordermarch ones and got an item as expected.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you want the screenshot - think it's saved somewhere...
Lomilinator
Baron
Baron

Post by Lomilinator »

Tried same with Gulwyn caravan quests - she was fine with the giant eye (belt of agility +4 came my way), but then it happened again on the Wyvern egg - have attached screenshot - text from error is ERROR: TOO MANY INSTRUCTIONS script nw_c2_default4, QID 800034b0, tag Gulwyn
Attachments
Screengrab.png
Screengrab.png (216.53 KiB) Viewed 4748 times
Lomilinator
Baron
Baron

Post by Lomilinator »

Also inventory had loads of space as per screen grab, so don't think it is that
Lomilinator
Baron
Baron

Post by Lomilinator »

Sorry - you are probably sick of this but my theory is more info usually helps - character did the second advisor quest and got reward as expected (belt of balance) - so might be random or related to the item??